Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7.1 Audio Issues (SOLVED)

sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
So I recently purchased a new headset that offers 7.1 surround sound. When I set the audio to 7.1 in game, the game's sounds are awesome but the music that plays on the main menu or in build mode only play in my right ear. Is this an issue on my side, the game's, or is it meant to be that way? I've never had a surround sound headset before.

Thanks!
Post edited by sillehbee on

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Are you running TS4 on a Windows computer? If so I would suggest checking your computer's audio device setup and making sure that the 7.1 speaker configuration is selected and active.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Hi,

Are you running TS4 on a Windows computer? If so I would suggest checking your computer's audio device setup and making sure that the 7.1 speaker configuration is selected and active.

Yep, windows 7. I looked through the device setup and it's definitely set to 7.1 and I've also downloaded the headset's software to enable the surround sound. The menu music is still only in the right ear, but every other sound in the game is totally fine.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    K nevermind, I had it plugged into a 3.0 USB port and it started working fine when I switched it to 2.0. Thanks for the help. :)