Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We should be able to delete and place single floor tiles

Every time I build I always struggle to get the flooring where I want it to be, I like to create openings above stairs and sometimes I want to delete only parts of the floor, not the entire floor. This seems like it could be way easier than it is. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yeah, it's totally annoying. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if there was an easier way to combine and separate rooms, because as it is now, the game doesn't always get it right.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Good grief, yes! This is such a hindrance in some builds, especially beneath stacked stair cases. I have to wonder why that fine detail was completely omitted from build mode.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    Exactly! We could do this in TS2 and TS3, why not in TS4?

Also the option to remove one railing from stairs instead of being FORCED to have two or none.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Exactly! We could do this in TS2 and TS3, why not in TS4?

Also the option to remove one railing from stairs instead of being FORCED to have two or none.

Especially if they intend to create more banisters that are wider than the thickness of the wall.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten patched yet. I also wish you could manually place the friezing[Sp?] for some reason it will place on the inside of my house in certain areas. There should really just be an option to manually place everything.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The frieze also cannot be placed on walls with stairs on the other side, which is just as stupid and doesn't even make any sense. Now I have a house with a hole in the frieze that I can't do anything about, because I don't have enough space inside to put the stairs anywhere else.