Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Swimming Be A Separate Skill?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    No, keep swimming under the Fitness skill.
    No. For my taste we are already having too many skills in TS4.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes, swimming should be a separate skill.
    Yes it should be a separate skill. For many good reasons.

1) We should be able to unlock new swim styles as we get more proficient. For example crawl at level 3 backstroke at 5 etc.

2) We should be able to have the possibility of swimming underwater and more you're proficient in swimming, longer you'll be able to hold your breath.

3) You should have the possibility to teach how to swim to your toddlers. Would be so cute to see.

4) We could also be able to unlock diving like in Sims 3. That was so original and great. I miss that feature on Sims 4.

5) Swimming is something we learn. So if you want more realism, it should be separated!

6) We should also have a swimming trait (I would call it Mermaid for girls, King of the ocean for boys) which would make a sim learn swimming faster and will make him or her happier while in water.

Those are just some ideas to show the potential of the concept. I wish EA will make it true one day. :)
    Post edited by amyedwards1986 on
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Because it is a skill that we can learn - water comfort, breathing control, floating, kicking, stroking (perhaps, it can be the minor skills). Although we are swimming for fitness. But, the irony is, they can only swim in a pool.... :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get a LIFEGUARD job or Merfolk, then it should be a 5 level skill. Otherwise, it's just the same as basketball or jogging on the treadmill. Fitness.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I'm happy keeping it the same because it's one of my favourite ways to build my Sim's fitness skill, and swimming laps is a good way of working out.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't agree. keep it as its always been.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Arguably, everything could be it's own skill, let's not go skill crazy here. There are other things I'd rather see more then a bunch of skills split up in to individual ones.

I know right and will have to pay for them to. far better ideas of content. there going overboard. with the music skills.

learning to swim maybe, but honestly I don't feel it would be fun. I would love more pool items instead.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    changelingschangelings Posts: 40 Member
    Yeah! I'd like to see a swimming skill come with fun new features because swimming is kind of lifeless and boring right now. Kids in a swimming pool (and adults!) will underwater, propel off the walls, play Marco Polo and other water games (water volleyball, anyone?), laze around on floaties, etc. Can you imagine how much more fun pools would be if Sims had pool noodles, paddle boards, inflatable toys, and pool games? Then, they'd be able to get better at different kind of strokes, which maybe increase the chances of doing better in different pool games. :)
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Swimming lessons
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm friends with a girl who is an amazing athlete-she's a cross country runner, plays basketball and softball, but she can't swim at all. I think it's realistic to have a swimming skill on it's own. I might be biased because I've been on swimming teams and have always loved the sport haha :)

I also think this would add lots more depth to the "teach to swim" interactions that adults have with kids. I was disappointed when I realized that it's pretty much just your sim talking to their kid while treading water. Having swimming as its own skill could make this interaction cooler, and help child sims level up quickly in the skill.

Sims with low swimming skill would be more likely to drown after swimming for a long time, and as has been mentioned there could be an added CPR interaction.

Like people have been saying, it could add pool games like marco polo or playful races between sims, breath holding contests, etc. I love seeing my sims in the pool but I feel like what they can do in it is lacking. Adding a swimming skill could make it a lot cooler :)

Yes. :)

If we ever get ocean swimming, the swimming skill could be linked to that as well. Stronger swimmers would be the ones most likely to swim further out, go surfing, snorkeling, etc. Those Sims who don't swim as well would stick to wading in the surf. They would be more wary of going out into water above the waist. If one foolishly tries to go further, there should be some kind of risk: cramps, exhaustion, rip tides... Then they would need to be rescued by a stronger swimmer or a life guard.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg