December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Where should the Ottomas family live?

They come with seasons so Riverblossom Hills is a nice idea - especially being so quiet/pretty. Perfect place to quietly raise a big family!

On the other hand Desiderata Valley screams "soccermom minivan" to me and I feel like that is the life they should have. Kids activities, etc.

Where have you placed your Ottomas fam?

Comments

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 234 Member
    In the Sim Bin where they belong. Mwah-hahahahahaha!

The only time I've ever actually played the Ottomas family was when I placed them in my custom neighborhood called Legacy Valley. They were used as place holders for the Legacy Challenge album I was working on at the time. At that time the Ottomas family was so bad to place in neighborhoods because of glitches their family caused. In my game, Sam had a baby fathered by a local stray dog according to the family tree. That family could really break a neighborhood. Those were the days. Thank the sim Gods those glitches were fixed in later patches.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,469 Member
    edited June 11
    Yup leave them in the family bin too. :D I don't really play the pre-mades anymore, haven't in years. I prefer to play my own sims now.

In the Sim Bin where they belong. Mwah-hahahahahaha!

The only time I've ever actually played the Ottomas family was when I placed them in my custom neighborhood called Legacy Valley. They were used as place holders for the Legacy Challenge album I was working on at the time. At that time the Ottomas family was so bad to place in neighborhoods because of glitches their family caused. In my game, Sam had a baby fathered by a local stray dog according to the family tree. That family could really break a neighborhood. Those were the days. Thank the sim Gods those glitches were fixed in later patches.

:joy: :D :joy: :D LOL!!!! Man that family was soooooo glitchy back in the day. Ahhh fond memories... not really.

• notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 460 Member
    Oh my gosh LOL well yea that glitch made me stay away but now that it's not an issue and I love big families, I want to give them a try!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,469 Member
    Oh my gosh LOL well yea that glitch made me stay away but now that it's not an issue and I love big families, I want to give them a try!

Then you should! I love big families also. I just usually like to make them. :D I think that glitch kept a lot of people away, and probably still does even if it has been fixed. Hard to change that mind set when you spent so long giving them the stink eye. :D
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 415 Member
    I love large family and when I need some ugly mixed into my hood I include them. Though they have some ugly going on, I am also drawn to their sweetens and I really think David or the teen boy if I got his name wrong, is really attractive.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 2,544 Member
    I always loved the challenge of playing them. Everything has been so much easier since the Sims2 days.
    There is a large house that came with Riverblossom Hills. It takes most of there money which makes
    it fun.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 1,269 Member
    I leave them in the sim bin, too much of a P.I.T.A. to include them. The sole exception was years ago on a long dead now computer where my sim brought her home as a friend from work. Odd thing was they got along like a house afire, so after I forget how many times she came over I did the old 'add neighbor to family' cheat. She popped twins not long thereafter, and taking care of two babies was a howling adventure. In due course they aged up to toddlers. Won't say they were ugly, but a Volkswagen run over by a Sherman tank looked better. (There's a video on utube out there somewhere, fun to watch) Been too many years to remember exactly what I did, but think it was use SIMPE to boot the brats to a household I never played.
  • BittersweetBittersweet Posts: 20 Member
    LOL some hilarious comments here. I remember in my original game years ago, I placed them in one of the neighborhoods. I went wild with playing almost all of the premades.

I just installed UC a couple days ago so I'm starting over again and focusing right now on the Pleasantview premades. I'm not planning on placing the Ottomas family since the family size is a hassle and I'd rather catch up with my old favorites.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 9,973 Member
    I always added them to Pleasantview with all my other favourite premades.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 29,397 Member
    In my game it never mattered which world or if a custom world. What mattered is the vacant lot, and weather. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 1,269 Member
    Yesterday, in a new game, my sim had Sammi O. as a work friend. Tried calling her to chat, but no phone for her. Installed the mob into a house with phone to enable said calling. Discovered that EA made a bad goof that made for a 1 hour window when the child and toddler would be home alone, a sure trigger for the social worker to arrive. Would be worse once mama-san pops the twins. Wound up having granny skip work to provide the coverage. EA's brilliant play was for granny and teen son to leave for work by 3 (car pools showing up at 2) but parents not home until 3 or later. Talk about a fast ticket to no kids!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 384 Member
    I don't even bother with the family. I send David straight to University and put him in the YA Sim Bin with a household of other teens.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 626 Member
    They come with seasons so Riverblossom Hills is a nice idea - especially being so quiet/pretty. Perfect place to quietly raise a big family!

On the other hand Desiderata Valley screams "soccermom minivan" to me and I feel like that is the life they should have. Kids activities, etc.

Where have you placed your Ottomas fam?

First thing: download corrected versions of all premade families/neighborhoods. I have some links if you are interested.
    Also, hm... I remember back in the day i played them in a custom neighborhood alongside other families from the bin, you should try that. Creating a neighborhood for those families should be part of the fun, as they don't belong anywhere. But, i would add them to Desiderata Valley
    which screams "soccermom minivan". haha