Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Owned pack buttons/icons

I'm not sure if it's possible, or easily done, but here's my idea.

I think it would be cool if we could select which packs we own, perhaps under our profile settings, which would cause those packs' respective button/icons to show up under our avatars/usernames, kind of like how user flair works on reddit.

This would be useful if, for example, i wanted to surprise someone with a custom sim or lot/house. I wouldn't have to ask which packs they own, possibly ruining the surprise, and thus could tailor items i use to what would be available to them in their games.

I think it would also be a cool way to see and connect with other forum users based on which packs we own/don't own.

Heres a quick example i threw together
XzRTduM.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Nah, that's just braggin'. If we can choose them then anyone can say they have them all or none.
    Plus, This is The Sims site. How about TS, TS2/UC, TS3 expansions and stuffs and Stores and Worlds? Why not brag about them all... Or is it separating groups of players?
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Nah, that's just braggin'. If we can choose them then anyone can say they have them all or none.
    Plus, This is The Sims site. How about TS, TS2/UC, TS3 expansions and stuffs and Stores and Worlds? Why not brag about them all... Or is it separating groups of players?

Hmm, to be honest i kinda forgot about all the other games, ha. Well then i wonder if it would work better as something that only shows on our profile page? Like with our insightful/like/awesome totals? That way its only seen if someone goes to look for it, instead of being on every post we make.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~