Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would like both.. but which one should come first?

I really like both packs and I will eventually get both of them but which one shall I start with?
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

I would like both.. but which one should come first? 165 votes

City Living
45%
SkewedReality04Kamiorudy8292Kita5399GalacticGalIcewolftheonlybrokenIceyJColorist40Writin_RegmcruddStrangerthantegteg87Thunderbat87DJQ1308g01denswanhannaaj22mollybrooke22NezImaniladybreid 75 votes
Get Together
54%
auroraael14GoldmoldarOmri147AndreaTheHeroCyberSurferimhappyVibsefadingaudioelanorbretonsimgirl1010liliaethluthienrisingbootsguyVuloriPegasysJerrellotaydevTreebrookeTo7mCheekybits 90 votes

Comments

• Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    City Living
    City Living if you think your computer can run it. I really like San Myshuno and the festivals, I feel like the city is more fun than the club system, but lots of people love the club system. Personally I don't really use it. However, I love Windenburg and the CAS/Build items that come with Get Together as well. Since you're getting both it really doesn't matter. If you're looking for a great new world and some fun new gameplay, City Living. If you're looking for a great new world and CAS/Build items, Get Together.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    City Living
    For me personally: City Living. Because I love the city, the careers & apartments, the items like the console & bubble blower, ... but I think a lot of people use Get Together far more than I do. And Windenburg is beautiful, too, I just like it less than equally calm Brindleton Bay, and when I don't want to live on the countryside, so to speak, I like having the city to play in. All depends on what you're looking for (or as in my case, if you own C&D already and would like to have more diversity in the types of worlds you can play in).
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    City Living if you think your computer can run it. I really like San Myshuno and the festivals, I feel like the city is more fun than the club system, but lots of people love the club system. Personally I don't really use it. However, I love Windenburg and the CAS/Build items that come with Get Together as well. Since you're getting both it really doesn't matter. If you're looking for a great new world and some fun new gameplay, City Living. If you're looking for a great new world and CAS/Build items, Get Together.

I know what you mean, I would be getting one of them and playing with it for a while before getting the next one. I like your points though. I like both worlds from what I've seen in LP's. It's just the game play I guess - working out if I want clubs first or all the festivals and things like that... GAHHH

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    For me personally: City Living. Because I love the city, the careers & apartments, the items like the console & bubble blower, ... but I think a lot of people use Get Together far more than I do. And Windenburg is beautiful, too, I just like it less than equally calm Brindleton Bay, and when I don't want to live on the countryside, so to speak, I like having the city to play in. All depends on what you're looking for (or as in my case, if you own C&D already and would like to have more diversity in the types of worlds you can play in).

That's a good point (I have cats and dogs too) the city is tempting and then going to Get Together second.

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Get Together
    Are they both on sale right now? I like Get Together better but I'm more of country mouse so...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    City Living
    > @PastelMermaid said:
    > squirrelwithacup wrote: »
    >
    > City Living if you think your computer can run it. I really like San Myshuno and the festivals, I feel like the city is more fun than the club system, but lots of people love the club system. Personally I don't really use it. However, I love Windenburg and the CAS/Build items that come with Get Together as well. Since you're getting both it really doesn't matter. If you're looking for a great new world and some fun new gameplay, City Living. If you're looking for a great new world and CAS/Build items, Get Together.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know what you mean, I would be getting one of them and playing with it for a while before getting the next one. I like your points though. I like both worlds from what I've seen in LP's. It's just the game play I guess - working out if I want clubs first or all the festivals and things like that... GAHHH

Yeah, the thing about City Living is that San Myshuno is completely different from all the other worlds, and the apartment gameplay is really fun, although the "noisy neighbors" can and will get on your nerves from time to time!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    City Living
    Dead even, oh dear! I find myself not really using Get Together very much. I do like that with City Living my Sims have the singing skill and that the festivals, and flea Market can be fun for a quick date, if you will. Something for teens to do, too. There is also the painting ability(similar to uni in Sims3) that comes with this pack. Spices are available to kick the cooking up a notch. I guess it really depends on what game play you're looking to add, first. Sorry, I realize I'm not being much help. Neither is the poll results. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Are they both on sale right now? I like Get Together better but I'm more of country mouse so...

I believe it's all packs other than stuff packs? I could be wrong - I get the types of packs mixed up all the time

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    Get Together
    Kind of a hard one since they are both kind of .... bleh. i like both of them except i played only for a week or two. the thing with city living is that apartments are really cool except get together is awesome because you can create clubs...mhm
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Get Together
    I like City Living better than Get Together, but for a first I’d say Get Together because it offers really nice base new fundamental gameplay, gameplay that you can later use in the city of San Myshuno.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd go with Get Together. I do enjoy City living, but if I had to choose it'd be Get Together.

Lot more lots if you're looking for more places for your sims to be less you enjoy the apartments. (I tend to get neighbors randomly popping in to hang out cause they're bored or eat my food. PFT, though they also come over for game night which is cool.)

Dj'ing, night clubs, being invited out to parties, cafe's, the club system is nice and you can manipulate things pretty well with it plus it's constantly updating with each new pack, diving platform if you're really wanting something close to a diving board, break dancing, closet woohoo and woohooing in a bush, Dont wake the llama tabel game, arcade machine and fooseball, darts, dancing skill and I really enjoy a lot of the clothing in that pack too.

City living I do enjoy watching sims going back and forth in the city, ordering food and coffee from stalls (i see them litter a lot in the city too the heck), picketing for a better cause with the politician career, 3 new careers come with the pack too one playing into the dine out pack (food critic), festivals, kareoke, basket ball, more lot traits (the earthquake one makes me get motion sickness D: ). It's interesting seeing neighbors pop in often for whatever reason to keep things lively or them complaining about noises you make.

Really comes down to preference what you see yourself using a lot more. Partying it up and doing a lot of group related activities or that active city life with new careers.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    City Living
    you really can't go wrong with either one. I just prefer City Living, because I like the careers, world, apartments, festivals, new food, and karaoke venue and the diversity.

But I also really like get together. The world is beautiful. Clubs can be really useful. And they added new venues. I like my sims to go out, and I love the night club and dancing in the pack. Also really solid B/B and CAS.
  • Options
    TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    City Living
    I just had to do this debate with myself, and just saw this after I chose City Living. :smile:
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    City Living
    San Myshuno is a great neighborhood if you love the idea of apartments, and the Club System brings so much to the game. You'll see that you may probably catch yourself using the Club System a lot more than you thought you would. This pack brings a lot to the replayability of the game as whole. The Get Togther EP is a good one, as well, but it lacks the creative routes you can follow with City Living. Happy Simming no matter which pack you'll eventually choose!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Get Together
    It really does come down to preference in the end,I enjoy CL but I love GT. The CAS clothing and world is beautiful in GT. I use the island that is abandoned as a romantic rendezvous for my sim when ever I want for them to have a fling :D
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    Get Together
    I think GT adds more depth to the game than City Living. Sims have more things to do, like bar games, going to the cafe, exploring the hedge or just enjoying the great nature that surrounds the world. Sims have more ways to interact with each other and though I don't play with clubs much, it's an awesome feature when I do use it - especially for creating rivalries, setting up romances (in one save, I only joined a club as an excuse to hang out with a cute sim, who she later married), for kids and teens ("band," cute secret societies, cliques, best friend traditions etc.) and cults :trollface: Sims also get invited to events and celebrations, which makes the world feel more alive and is a nice way to meet other sims. My sims feel way more alive since I've installed GT, especially in their interactions with others.

I love Windenburg bc it's both beautiful and multi-functional. I refuse to use anything but the private island for my history challenges, bc it looks wild (with no infrastructure, some wild plants and untamed scenery etc.) and doesn't have random sims jogging by in bright pink sweatpants while my pre-historic sims bang rocks together. I like playing with vamps in Windenburg bc it gives that traditional European setting - one of my vamps prowled the streets and alleys at night in search of prey, which was really fun. All my history period games are here, but there are modern areas that work incredibly for the present as well. Once again, the private island is great for secret hangouts, being a hermit or building a massive castle or park (or anything you want) on the 64x64 lot.
    Bc Windenburg is so big and has many different neighbourhoods with different atmospheres and looks to each, I think one can play there more and not feel like you're stuck in a static place. Willow Creek, for example, feels the same for me everywhere my sim goes, but each time I live somewhere else in Windenburg, I notice something new in the world and find a new place for my sim to frequent. One sim just really liked reading in the town square and looking at the sunset over the water. It's very beautiful.
    There are also way more lots that you can edit in Windenburg than City Living, so you're a bit stuck with what you've got in CL. San Myshuno is awesome though and adds a very different type of environment, especially if you're sick of more suburban types of worlds. The views from the apartments are amaziiiing and I love many things that CL offers, especially obviously the apartments and cultural stuff.

In conclusion: I can't imagine playing without GT, but I can certainly survive without CL. GT adds more to the overall game, whereas much of CL's content is quite limited to San Myshuno. Both are cool, but GT remains my favourite EP.

PS: if you're planning on getting Seasons, Windenburg will hands-down be a MAGICAL experience in winter.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Get Together
    Get Together by far.

It has more gameplay objects than CL (dj booth, bonfires, don't wake the llama, foosball, darts, diving platform, professional coffee machine, dance floors, woohoo bush, closets, multiplayer arcade machine), a gorgeous European town, clubs feature, Cafés, secret parties, happy hour, etc.

CL is a complete disgrace of an EP imo.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together!
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Get Together
    Like other people have said, Get Together has more fundamental gameplay changes that you can expand on later with City Living. I know that if I could only ever play with one of the two packs, it would be GT because that's changes my game massively.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Get Together
    Unless you absolutely adore playing in apartments, I would get Get Together. There are so many options you can do with the club system and I feel it adds a lot more gameplay-wise with all the extra stuff, as detailed by others above.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Get Together
    I like Get Together more than City Living. I bought City Living on sale and still, it's my least favorite expansion. I like Get Together because the world is beautiful and I use it all the time. The build/buy and CAS is nice too. I don't use the club system as much as I should though and it's nice to get kids and teens together. I have used is for scouts and other clubs for my kids and teens.

City Living doesn't really feel like a city to me. You can't go to any buildings (it's all a backdrop) and it has festivals that I rarely go to. The build/buy and CAS is nice though. I guess my real problem with this expansion was that I lack the control to make my own apartments and buildings. I really loved making my own apartments in the sims 2 and buildings in the sims 3.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Get Together
    If I had to make an choice between City Living and Get Together, I would go with Get together. I am biased towards CL being you can't built apts, you can't have apts in any other neighborhood and for me that is an major feature. You have no leverage in making the city less crowded.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    City Living
    Let us know what you decide though, I'm curious ^^
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Get Together
    City living is great but i personally think that get together provides much more exciting and realistic gameplay with clubs and the beaches and the parties and is better for building storylines
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    City Living
    City Living because apartments are great :)