Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Internet Icon Hobby

How in the world do I start a friendly story? Am I missing something? I click on other sims and I start an event, yet it's not considered friendly? Please help?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    How in the world do I start a friendly story? Am I missing something? I click on other sims and I start an event, yet it's not considered friendly? Please help?

first click on a sim in the world and after a friendly event (56 minutes) and next you must choose a new friendly story with this sim.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Do you mean the different options of stories? If so, I did that but I didn't progress in the challenge.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• whispersftly79whispersftly79 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2018
    Do you mean the different options of stories? If so, I did that but I didn't progress in the challenge.

When you clicked on the sim did you choose Friendly Introduction? Try clicking on a random sim that passes your house or is out at a location. When you see Friendly intro, choose it. Then start friendly event. After the event, choose a friendly story. The introduction is important. Has to be Friendly. Hopefully you didn’t progress b/c it was a romantic introduction and story and not a bug.
  • Guardedcoast99Guardedcoast99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm on level 8 of this quest and can not figure it out. Can anyone help?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I'm on level 8 of this quest and can not figure it out. Can anyone help?

You have to find your sim a new hobby. Either you have a new sim that needs to sign up for a hobby or you can switch your sims hobby
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This is a link to a guide to the individual parts of the quest
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/08/the-sims-mobile-internet-icon-hobby/

Thanks for posting that. Not something I want to complete :)
    Okay I figured it out. I had to find a new sim that neither of my sims were friends with, make friends with them then pick a new story. Phew, that was hard to do. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Okay I figured it out. I had to find a new sim that neither of my sims were friends with, make friends with them then pick a new story. Phew, that was hard to do. lol

The quest is quite hard and hard to finish if your not 1/2 way through already. there are 7-8 hour events
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Earring the right to purchase the green screen for $100 is NOT a reward. The money grab is seriously a turnoff in this game.

The quest is quite hard and hard to finish if your not 1/2 way through already. there are 7-8 hour events

Well I have yet to finish an actually challenge. lol I refuse to spend real money on them - I spend enough dough on the PC game. So if I miss out, oh well. No harm, no foul. :D
    Snowdrop18 wrote: »
    Earring the right to purchase the green screen for $100 is NOT a reward. The money grab is seriously a turnoff in this game.

True. I agree with you. But let's try to keep this thread on track and not derail it. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Well I have yet to finish an actually challenge. lol I refuse to spend real money on them - I spend enough dough on the PC game. So if I miss out, oh well. No harm, no foul. :D
    Snowdrop18 wrote: »

True. I agree with you. But let's try to keep this thread on track and not derail it. :)

I feel the same way about this quest :)
  • Lady_LozzieLady_Lozzie Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got to the second 7hr task in this quest. How are you supposed finish this quest in the time allocated? You might as well say that’s the 2 days over, unless you’re on here 24/7. Someone needs to be realistic and not include 7+hr tasks on short quests...are you listening development team? :/
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I did this quest over the weekend, and wasn't on 24/7. With the 7 hr tasks, just use up your energy, then go back in an hour or two and use it up again, and so on until the task is finished. With three sims, I could do family/hobby events simultaneously, which helped a lot. But I agree, it's a lot to ask of people in three days, and you should be able to start the quest whenever, rather than just these three days, like the Honeymoon Suite one, which I haven't done yet because I haven't been able to have two sims to work on it over a concentrated weekend.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    I have failed the honeymoon quest 3 times. I dont want to spend money to skip. I am on level 13 of 18 in Internet Icon quest with a little over 1 day left. Idk why I keep trying.
    Just got to the second 7hr task in this quest. How are you supposed finish this quest in the time allocated? You might as well say that’s the 2 days over, unless you’re on here 24/7. Someone needs to be realistic and not include 7+hr tasks on short quests...are you listening development team? :/

Yeah, I made it to task 15, but at this point there's no use, because I've already completed my tasks for today, and they want you to complete yet another day. It takes seven hours just to complete a special activity. Just not enough time to finish unless you buy a ton of cake slices, or just buy the hobby. So this one gets added to me not finishing. Oh well.
    I did this quest over the weekend, and wasn't on 24/7. With the 7 hr tasks, just use up your energy, then go back in an hour or two and use it up again, and so on until the task is finished. With three sims, I could do family/hobby events simultaneously, which helped a lot. But I agree, it's a lot to ask of people in three days, and you should be able to start the quest whenever, rather than just these three days, like the Honeymoon Suite one, which I haven't done yet because I haven't been able to have two sims to work on it over a concentrated weekend.

I did this using three sims. I just don't have enough time. lol But I'm glad you where able to do it! Are you liking the new hobby?
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    I have failed the honeymoon quest 3 times. I dont want to spend money to skip. I am on level 13 of 18 in Internet Icon quest with a little over 1 day left. Idk why I keep trying.

I feel the same way. But I will say though it's a grind fest I have some fun. But it would be nice to complete these at your own pace.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Gee I am at the hard part where I spend eight hours waiting for my sims to finish an event. Also Izzy making clothes counts as buying them in the event. Aww I'm sorry @GoldenBuffy I kind of knew about the second daily task so I finished that one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    I finally completed the all the quest and unlocked the heirloom. :)

My thoughts about the whole quest was eh..

. First of all I was overwhelmed about the 8 hour events.
    When you think you're done with one 8 hour event quest then another one appears. If you're not going to buy the 6.99$ Internet Icon pack then get ready for a lot grinding.

. The time limit is really short you have about 4-3 days to complete 18 parts in the quest and 6 of them are 8 hour events.

. Also the to-do list quest forces you to wait for a new day to refresh your already completed to-do list. This happens in part 10 and, part 11 is... you guessed it another 8 hours event then part 12 is a to-do list part again.

End rant.

It took me about 20 cupcakes to complete this quest and checking my phone once in awhile to use up my sims energy.

When I got the Internet Icon Hobby the story was fun to go along. Also I like that one of the risk interaction is "Try to buy followers" if you're sim fails then tomatoes get thrown at them from the computer screen, it was funny not going to lie.

At the end, The quest was eh.. needs improvements but the hobby is a nice addition to the game.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member

I did this using three sims. I just don't have enough time. lol But I'm glad you where able to do it! Are you liking the new hobby?

It's not too bad so far. I'm aiming to get to level 4 by the end of today so I can have the long shifts. I did the 'try to buy customers' thing and succeeded, and some dollar signs came out of the computer screen :)

It's not too bad so far. I'm aiming to get to level 4 by the end of today so I can have the long shifts. I did the 'try to buy customers' thing and succeeded, and some dollar signs came out of the computer screen :)

You have just a little over a day to complete it. I made it to level 13 and doubt i will complete it in time.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I should be finished in half an hour but I suspect it won't be worth all the time I have wasted over the weekend to do it.
    I don't understand why they didn't just give us all the things you could have bought to get the internet icon. Its very disappointing.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Gee I am at the hard part where I spend eight hours waiting for my sims to finish an event. Also Izzy making clothes counts as buying them in the event. Aww I'm sorry @GoldenBuffy I kind of knew about the second daily task so I finished that one.

I gave up. lol I uninstalled the game, yet again. But know that I most likely will reinstall it within a day or two. It is a bit addicting. Good thing everything saves to the cloud! Hopefully you will be able to complete it. I do hope I'll be able to finish at least one timed quest.
    cooldj210 wrote: »

When you think you're done with one 8 hour event quest then another one appears. If you're not going to buy the 6.99$ Internet Icon pack then get ready for a lot grinding.

. The time limit is really short you have about 4-3 days to complete 18 parts in the quest and 6 of them are 8 hour events.

. Also the to-do list quest forces you to wait for a new day to refresh your already completed to-do list. This happens in part 10 and, part 11 is... you guessed it another 8 hours event then part 12 is a to-do list part again.

End rant.

It took me about 20 cupcakes to complete this quest and checking my phone once in awhile to use up my sims energy.

When I got the Internet Icon Hobby the story was fun to go along. Also I like that one of the risk interaction is "Try to buy followers" if you're sim fails then tomatoes get thrown at them from the computer screen, it was funny not going to lie.

At the end, The quest was eh.. needs improvements but the hobby is a nice addition to the game.

You make some very good valid points. 20 cupcakes! I think I only used 4, I guess I'm too much of a hoarder to actually part with more than that. Another reason why I most likely have such a time trying to finish these quests. LOL

Oooo, that's pretty cool. And it does sound like fun! I'm glad that you're enjoying the new hobby!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

I gave up. lol I uninstalled the game, yet again. But know that I most likely will reinstall it within a day or two. It is a bit addicting. Good thing everything saves to the cloud! Hopefully you will be able to complete it. I do hope I'll be able to finish at least one timed quest.
    cooldj210 wrote: »

End rant.

You make some very good valid points. 20 cupcakes! I think I only used 4, I guess I'm too much of a hoarder to actually part with more than that. Another reason why I most likely have such a time trying to finish these quests. LOL

Oooo, that's pretty cool. And it does sound like fun! I'm glad that you're enjoying the new hobby!
    Trust me I say it wasn’t worth the effort I mean I have the hobby but you don’t get all the objects you would if you actually paid to get the hobby.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Wow, so after all that grinding you still don't get everything? Well that's a huge let down. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!