Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Parenthood Personality Meters

2...Next

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Hello

I've owned Parenthood since its release and find that manners and responsibility are easy to level up but emotional control, empathy and conflict resolution need constant grinding.

How have you found it? And have they made a difference to the sim once they have aged up?

I just went through this, and having gotten the pack at the time when my kid was a teen, left me in a spot. So here's the easiest way to level each, listed in order of ease to level.

Manners: set table, clear table, repeat.
    Empathy: do volunteer work.
    Emotional Control: write in journal, play with emotion (instrument).
    Discipline: do homework, clean up. Actually pretty easy, just takes a while.
    Conflict Resolution: have parent pick a fight with a non-household sim. Get their meter to full hate (red bar). Once the non-household sim leaves, have the child/teen use the "repair relationship". There's a short cooldown, each time lowering their hate bar, and raising your CR meter.

If you get a chance card, read them all. Pick the one that raises CR above the others.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Hello

I've owned Parenthood since its release and find that manners and responsibility are easy to level up but emotional control, empathy and conflict resolution need constant grinding.

How have you found it? And have they made a difference to the sim once they have aged up?

I just went through this, and having gotten the pack at the time when my kid was a teen, left me in a spot. So here's the easiest way to level each, listed in order of ease to level.

Manners: set table, clear table, repeat.
    Empathy: do volunteer work.
    Emotional Control: write in journal, play with emotion (instrument).
    Discipline: do homework, clean up. Actually pretty easy, just takes a while.
    Conflict Resolution: have parent pick a fight with a non-household sim. Get their meter to full hate (red bar). Once the non-household sim leaves, have the child/teen use the "repair relationship". There's a short cooldown, each time lowering their hate bar, and raising your CR meter.

If you get a chance card, read them all. Pick the one that raises CR above the others.

Playing with the doctor set raises empathy for children fast, and then just have your teen volunteer a couple of times to keep it up.

I haven't managed to get a negative trait yet - I want to get a Sim with no emotional control, but it's a bit of a slog. One tantrum just doesn't do much to push the bar into the red.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Some people have commented that it doesn’t seem to affect a sim as an adult. I’d like to report that I’ve noticed a difference. Having the positive trait from Emotional Control for example, appears to reduce the chances of a sim becoming angry when something happens to them. If you’re not paying attention to sims dialog or actions, especially with a townie, you may not even notice it, but it does seem to make a difference. For those that simply queue up actions and move to another sim, they also may not notice.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.