Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minor Programming Suggestions (for patches?)

Hi, all!

I'm starting this thread because I have a bunch of ideas for minor tweaks to the game programming that would vastly improve gameplay for me, and I'm betting other people do, too! So this is the place to post suggestions for little fixes or preferences that the Sims team could easily include in a patch.

Here are mine to start us off:

If a sim is eating and there is a table and chair available on the lot, they should default to sitting at the table (as opposed to eating standing in front of the fridge, sitting on the couch to eat, etc., which my sims do annoyingly often despite the availability of tables).

Cats should chase City Living/Cats & Dogs rats as a "push" action that overrides whatever they were previously doing. Human sims react to rat sightings no matter what else they're doing, and this makes even more sense for cats to do.

When a sim is giving a speech in Uptown (or wherever) at the podium, ALL passerby sims (as well as any sims in an active group with the speech-giving sim) should stop to listen, and they should actually sit in the chairs rather than just standing awkwardly behind them. I realize my sim counts it as a successful speech if all the friends she brought ignore her and one weirdo hovered behind the seating area to listen, but as a player I find it kind of sad to see my sim earnestly speaking to a bunch of empty chairs.

The laundry basket deco objects from the base game should either be made functional if Laundry Day is installed or the player should have the option to delete them from the game. Having only some of the laundry baskets be functional is confusing.

Please fix the walking stick bugs (which do not appear in Granite Falls where they ought to) so players do not have to cheat to make some of the Herbalism recipes, and maybe add more of them.

And on the subject of bugs, if a player has Outdoor Retreat installed, add appropriate catch-able bugs to worlds that already contain those bugs as non-interactive deco objects (EX: add catch-able fireflies to the atmospheric fireflies that already appear over the water in Oasis Springs at night, catch-able dragonflies to the deco ones that hover over Willow Creek ponds in the daytime, etc.)

What other suggestions do people have?

Comments

• Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Yes these ideas are great and i think not that hard to implement well atleast i hope so. I especially want the sitting at the table i was thinking about this the other day as i wanted my sim to have dinner in the backyard but her friend went inside to eat on the couch and it was so annoying
    Something i want fixed to is todller high chair my sim always puts their toddler in and immidiatly gets them out before i can have them walk away or sim A puts toddler in and sim B gets the toddler out when i just want my toddlers to eat :neutral:
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Personally, I miss a bit more realistic animations for the sims and more usable objects.
    It is sad to have a game full of useless objects, which has functions in real life. Like restaurant spices, ironing boards, bathroom soaps, cleaning objects, bank teller, and so many other objects unexplored by developers.

It's frustrating, especially for content producers who make series / novels. I hope the company will pay more attention to the details, as they did in The Sims 2.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »
    Personally, I miss a bit more realistic animations for the sims and more usable objects.
    It is sad to have a game full of useless objects, which has functions in real life. Like restaurant spices, ironing boards, bathroom soaps, cleaning objects, bank teller, and so many other objects unexplored by developers.

It's frustrating, especially for content producers who make series / novels. I hope the company will pay more attention to the details, as they did in The Sims 2.
    I totally agree on this they did an amazing job on paying attention to detail in the sims 2 and it added a lot more depth to the game
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I completely agree about the toddlers in highchairs one.

Also, I just thought of a great way to improve earthquakes. Make them like Gremlins, so that after the shaking everything in the house breaks simultaneously. Also, if Vampires is installed, randomly and automatically add cracks to the walls.