Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's time to bring in more reaction options like lol, agree and disagree.

12346...Next

Comments

• dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    people over here are too sensitive.

Sadly it's an internet thing with people being too sensitive and not just on this site. jmo

ehh not really, i know plenty of websites where people are very politically incorrect and they have less issues than these politically correct forums :p
    i would say that people above their 26s get very offended by anything, really. old hags dont know how to have fun.

And I'm sure those under 26 get offended easily too, because their brain hasn't matured enough to realize that ignoring it is probably best.

Let's not generalize the age of people getting worked up over little things.

Those forums you see with politically incorrect members may only appear to have less issues with people getting offended. Those sites may have an older target audience who is more mature than the target audience of this site. They may get equally as offended, but they'll respond in a more mature way. So topics and threads that go politically incorrect aren't instantly closed down due to that because the members aren't breaking other rules in response.

In my experience, public websites/pages that pride themselves on not being politically correct don't tend to react very maturely. Their members team up and act condescending and use bullying tactics towards anyone who disagrees with their anti politically correct opinions and they don't see the irony in accusing anyone with a different opinion to them of being easily offended. You won't have many issues among their core members, as they all have the same attitude.

I'm glad there are still some websites where people can have more civilised conversations. I miss the (internet) days where people in general could properly argue from both sides of an issue instead of just acting condescending and accusing each other of being offended. Maybe that's the kind of forums you guys are talking about? Where people are not obsessed with political (in)correctness and can just have a genuine conversation.

That's why I like that there's no disagree button. What's the point in indicating "I have a different opinion from yours" without explaining what that opinion is? Rather have an actual discussion between people than just having people booing eachother anonymously.

There are people on here that I tend to disagree with in general and yet I'm often surprised at how civilised the conversations with them and surrounding them tend to be, compared to how things go in other parts of the internet. So I'm okay with how things are now.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hi, things went a bit off the rails, and some aspersions were cast. Sorry if your post was removed, it may have been referencing a now-removed original post.

As a quick reminder, please try not to overly stereotype/generalize as it can rapidly lead to arguments.

Thank you.