Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar coming??!!

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
Read the blog and decide for yourself! It appears you can mark dinner reservations, arrival of "Harvest Festival", and even schedule guests? I hope it's as it seems. Sounds great! :smile:

http://simscommunity.info/2018/05/31/the-sims-4-seasons-blog-meet-the-climates-part-1/

What are your thoughts on the calendar mechanic that appears to be coming??

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Literally just read that and completely missed it. :D shows what overtiredness can do.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    And turkey for dinner? New recipe? I hope so, always seemed strange doing a sim Xmas meal with roast chicken.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    First time I read that. I'm more happy about the HOT CHOCOLATE.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Great feature, parties may be planned in advance again!

I also enjoyed the story. It looks like Winter is the winter surprise.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I'm surprised by the emphasis put on the "harvest festival". I thought there weren't any festivals? I'm so confused.
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    I'm surprised by the emphasis put on the "harvest festival". I thought there weren't any festivals? I'm so confused.

Festival as in festive holiday. Interchangeable terminology it seems.
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

Oh, I see! thanks.
  • Options

Oh, I see! thanks.

You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'm pretty interested that we might have a woo-hoo location via a pile of leaves. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'm pretty interested that we might have a woo-hoo location via a pile of leaves. :p

Nice and hygienic. :D
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Did anyone notice at the bottom it’s lists a pack called “Sims 4 gourmet escape”? Anyone know about that.. translation issue?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    tobumon wrote: »
    First time I read that. I'm more happy about the HOT CHOCOLATE.

I hope hot chocolate will actually warm your Sims during winter. :) (Temperature wise)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    The tea magic brewer has a spiced apple drink which I always thought would make a good winter warmer, like a sim equivalent of mulled wine.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice at the bottom it’s lists a pack called “Sims 4 gourmet escape”? Anyone know about that.. translation issue?

Maybe it's what an existing pack is called in another country. It did say all packs are AVAILABLE NOW (besides Seasons) so it can't be a new pack. I'd buy it if it was though. I want anything with new foods in it.
  • Options
    It would be great if we can plan all of these events. It seems to imply you can schedule parties too.

Btw, am I the only one weirded out to see sims speaking English? :D
    The tea magic brewer has a spiced apple drink which I always thought would make a good winter warmer, like a sim equivalent of mulled wine.

I hadn't thought of that, I hope if hot chocolate warms sims up, tea does too!
    I never noticed the spiced apple drink but maybe it is because of a bad translation (my game is in French).
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited May 2018

Maybe it's what an existing pack is called in another country. It did say all packs are AVAILABLE NOW (besides Seasons) so it can't be a new pack. I'd buy it if it was though. I want anything with new foods in it.

I figure that’s what it is, the kitchen SP maybe?
    I agree with you, I’d love a cooking/food pack, it would go great with seasons and all the new garden stuff we’re getting

Edit: sorry to the OP, not trying to go off topic :#
  • Options

I figure that’s what it is, the kitchen SP maybe?
    I agree with you, I’d love a cooking/food pack, it would go great with seasons and all the new garden stuff we’re getting

I did some searching and it's actually Dine Out. Proof is here:

https://help.ea.com/es-mx/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-dine-out/
  • Options
    It would be great if we can plan all of these events. It seems to imply you can schedule parties too.

I never noticed the spiced apple drink but maybe it is because of a bad translation (my game is in French).

Have a look next time you play? professional translations have a code of ethics that includes being able to guarantee accuracy so it should be there. :)
  • Options

Have a look next time you play? professional translations have a code of ethics that includes being able to guarantee accuracy so it should be there. :)

Yep I noticed the translations for Sims 4 were overall pretty good compared to some other professional translations (like in movies for instance). There are very few mistakes. My sims drink tea all day very much like me but I think I might always choose the same types of tea. I'll check it out next time I play (next month, once I finally graduate and seasons is out :D ).
  • Options

Yep I noticed the translations for Sims 4 were overall pretty good compared to some other professional translations (like in movies for instance). There are very few mistakes. My sims drink tea all day very much like me but I think I might always choose the same types of tea. I'll check it out next time I play (next month, once I finally graduate and seasons is out :D ).

You graduate next month? Congratulations!
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

In the introduction it's said that the whole text was translated from Portugese by Google Translate :) That's why it's kinda odd in some places.

I'm pretty suprised how detailed the calender seems to be, you can mark quite a lot things apparently. I also wonder if it will work as some sort of 'collective memory' for the family, so you can look back at past seasons. It'd be really nice detail in my opinion.
  • Options
    @BabySquare Thank you :p I'm happy it coincides with new contents for the sims (I'm also happy it doesn't come out sooner so I can study but I might get killed if I say it, so I won't)
  • Options
    You're very welcome :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2018

Also this is Google Translate not the actual English. We don't know what the English will be calling it. Elsewhere, there's been reference to "a bountiful harvest feast."
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    Are they making new packs because one was family life and gourmet cooking or something?