Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change title music?

A recent pack, I think Cats & Dogs, changed the title music (when you start the game) to something else. Well, even after listening to it many times, I still don't like it. Is there a way to change it back to the original music (without uninstalling the pack)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I'm not sure, is there anything about title music in the music options? I know these regard mostly in-game music on radio stations but it's worth a look.. Unless you've tried that already. :s

Though, I mean.. Surely you don't spend too much time on the title menu anyway? It's not something I even really noticed.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Already tried the music options, couldn't find it there. And yes, I know it's just a minor thing, nothing that will make or break the game for me, but that upbeat music always got me in the mood, and now I never hear it anymore. :(
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    You can still hear the original Sims 4 theme, although it's random. There's no official way to force the game to prioritize that over the new one, unfortunately. :(
    // take me back to 2018.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe they'll have a new one for Seasons? Or maybe not.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It would be pretty nice if by the end of the series we could pick the music and it's not determined by the last pack we bought. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things but I remember getting tired of some music and not others during the Sims 2 run. So far not tired of this one but I guess cause I keep buying.. after we buy that very last pack it might matter later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Wait really?? I never noticed that the title music was different :o
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Wait really?? I never noticed that the title music was different :o

is the same but at easy listening version
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Yes, they did add a new Theme Song with the Cats & Dogs expansion.

This is the Original Theme Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wC-sbvhB8

This is the new Theme Song that came with Cats & Dogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSRgfZccF-g

The two are supposed to randomly rotate when you start the game. I get the Original more often than not, which I prefer. It just hits me as more peppy and exciting. The C&D one is called a calmer version and many love it, although I (like OP) do not like it for the introduction. I find it to be rather boring and would prefer that kind of calm music to be in build/buy, CAS, or something like that when I'm concentrating on something else.

Afaik, there is no way to disable it as it's written in the game code. I myself don't really think it's worth disabling the C&D expansion for, but that's just my opinion.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I just downloaded cats and dogs yesterday. While I am ok with this tune, I hope they don't introduce a really annoying tune in the future. Therefore, it would be ideal to disable or prioritize certain tunes.