Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Packs you want?

Comments

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Other packs: explain in your post.
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Magical World (think Makin' Magic), Hogwarts, Supernaturals--combination of those.

I want this too. I loved most of the supernaturals in Sims 3. If not, then I'd make do with a gamepack with werewolves, witches, or both.
  • Options
    VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    Give me something even half as weird as The Sims Makin' Magic and I will be one happy potato.

For those of you that never played it, you had a weird dude drop a box of magic wands on your doorstep with no explanation, you literally jumped into A Hole In The Ground to travel to Magic Town and its fairgrounds, you had FUNCTIONAL CARNIVAL RIDES(!!) like a modular rollercoaster (even if they were rudimentary in 2003), and you could magically turn annoying neighbors into toads and then milk them for toad sweat to trade at the Magic Town wagonside flea market. Alternately, you could just feed the neighbor toads to your newly hatched pet dragon and try to swindle the faerie, vampire, and werewolf flea market vendors at a game of their choosing. A good chunk of Neighborhood 15 got Toadified while Bonehilda the literal skeleton crew maid cleaned up my dragon fires and terrible attempts at stomping grapes into fancy nectar in the front lawn "winery", next to the field of magical mushroom sprouts and weird rocks. Makin' Magic was a gift.
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Either a farming pack with horseback riding, or a travel back in time pack with a romance angle. Although I'm a computer tech IRL, I want to escape the world of cell phones, computers, electricity and television. Maybe set in the 1800's instead of medieval this time, where we could send physical notes instead of email, "call" on someone instead of using a phone, etc. Of course, since they love parties so much in this game, we could invite others to attend a ball and have ballroom type dancing. Bowing, curtsying, hand kissing, walking sticks. There's already a great animation for the half bow-handkiss I almost never get to see in game. Rats can spread the sim plague (ha). They can always throw in a bit of the mad inventor aspect to get any absolutely needed tech. I know this is not going to happen, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I'd really love to see it. It could be customized so much with mods for so many different eras or fantasy type play, and the vampire pack would obviously fit right in.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    School pack: Not just college, but college and highschool.
    I'd like a University/Education EP next. It was my favorite pack in Sims 3. An Off-the-Grid/Farming pack would also be nice, but I feel like that's more of a GP than an EP.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Definitely a school pack with more primary & secondary school related things (perhaps boarding school), college and more fun parties (maybe making social media interaction a little more useful for actually making friends like in Sims 3, daycare that possibly boosts toddler skills, raises character values or changes their determined trait based on other kids they are around, and finally an in depth education career that allows you to choose the subject the teacher will focus on. (Art teacher = painting/photography, Science teacher = logic/anthropology, etc). And I think it could totally be a "Get to School" kind of thing where you either are a teacher or you are a student at school.
  • Options
    Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    I went with School Pack. University was my favourite in both Sims 2 & 3, and I love the process of sending sims off to uni. With the Sims families I really love, I'm getting the children to teen years and then starting a new save so I can go back to them when University comes out. I may have even made a kind of makeshift Newcrest State University... :p
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Magic - with Witches and Fairies. I think these two would click well together as an expansion pack, bringing together aspects of magic and nature. But...the execution needs to be as impressive as the Vampire GP.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I really want a farming expansion. There is another thread that I explained more clearly on, but I would like livestock such as pigs, chickens, cows, llamas (since they are iconic in sims), goats potentially.
    I would like to be able to can goods and have a composter for fertilizer.
    Horses seem uneccesary IMO, because they are more petlike with modern technology.
    I would love more harvestables and a potential tractor (really only if they patch in cars).
    This and witches are my only true wants for The Sims 4 (though because I play 2, 3, and 4 regularly I still get many of these features).

University could be a gamepack for me. I dont care for following my kids to school, though I would like private/ boarding school to return.
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    I am DYING for either something like Island Paradise, or Supernatural, although we already have vampires, so I'm worried we'll have to pay for werewolves, fairies, and witches all individually as well. :frowning: I also would be upset if the "ocean" in Sims 4 was a single lot, but that's exactly what I'd expect, should they make something like Island Paradise for Sims 4...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Post-apocalyptic, based on a nuclear holocaust.
  • Options
    snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Foreign countries Pack/s: Like France, Egypt, etc. from adventure. would be great if you could live there.
    I miss World Adventures. It was my favorite expansion! I think it could be better in this game, too. Mostly though, I do want something brand spankin new. If education is next, I hope they bring back proms. I loved how some teens would get into a relationship randomly. I also miss the after school activities and classes.
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    Love Sims 2 University and Sims 3 University Life so much!!! Would love preschool though University!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not just college and high school but elementary school, and daycare too! There is so much they could do with an education pack!

This -- add in home schooling and/or "study from home" options similar to the City Living careers, return of private schools (shorter school day but homework a lot harder and required), higher education options such as commuting to campus (would work like current active careers where you can follow your "student" or send him/her alone) or if there's a university world move the entire family to a rental house (since Sims can still go to work/school offscreen), maybe options for online education. Could bring "normal sized" telescopes and microscopes (build Logic but no fancy prints).

EDIT: Oh, I forgot; active day care with toddlers (and babies if the Baby Liberation Front -- that's my husband's term -- is successful in freeing them from the bassinet).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    School pack! :smile:

I work in the school system, so it could be cool to see that environment in the game.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I want an Education System where Sims take specific classes that each contribute to skill gain, like:
    English: Writing+++, Social+, Logic+
    Mathematics: Logic+++, Writing+
    Art: Painting+++
    Plus they could add Education and Skill requirements to Careers, then your Sims' actions during their Teen and Young Adult years can affect their Adulthood.

I'd love to see an Acting Skill and an Education Career, as well as PlantSims make a return.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I want an Education System where Sims take specific classes that each contribute to skill gain, like:
    English: Writing+++, Social+, Logic+
    Mathematics: Logic+++, Writing+
    Art: Painting+++
    Plus they could add Education and Skill requirements to Careers, then your Sims' actions during their Teen and Young Adult years can affect their Adulthood.

I'd love to see an Acting Skill and an Education Career, as well as PlantSims make a return.

Oooh, yes! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Education and beach vacation.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I would like a Dating pack

I want them to fix the dancing so Sims can dance with each other you know facing each other
    Slow dancing
    Online dating
    An attraction system with turn ons and offs
    Scope the room from sims2 should be added.
    Blind dates
    Sims setting up other Sims on dates
    Dates give flowers when the two sims meet up depending on their traits or the new traits from parenthood
    Surprise engagement
    Surprise kiss
    After date awkward first kiss or awkward kiss on the cheek depending on how well the date went
    New date spots different from the bar scene like take a cooking class together, take a pottery class together where they can mold the clay together(you know think the movie ghost), see a movie together(add a theater). Of course they would be able to do the current activities together like dine out and bowl and go dancing at a nightclub or lounge.
    Bring back the photo booth
    Throw an engagement party to announce engagement to friends and family

Anyway I could list more but I am trying to keep it short. I wouldn't mind the school pack but I am only interested in University. I don't want to follow the kids and teens. I hope they set up University like Sims 2 so I can play all the college kids in separate dorms and such. I was disappointed in Sims 3 I could only play my current family so I had to move in all my Sim's friends and then send them to college.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Entertainment Pack: Bands (would love it with singers), Modeling, Acting, Singer, etc. Would be nice to have an integrated fame system.
    I have the Road to Fame mod installed in my game because I want a way for my singer Sim to return, in full. He's in my game, to be sure, and with CL, he can sing better than ever, but I need a way for him to have the fame and to watch him perform! I would really love the next EP to be Entertainment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Foreign countries Pack/s: Like France, Egypt, etc. from adventure. would be great if you could live there.
    1. Foreign Countries (I love exploring the tombs, trying the foreign foods and fulfilling the collections).
    2. Entertainment Pack (It would be great for our sims to become popstars, models and actors/actresses).
    3. Any Other Pack (Supernatural or one with more beach/sea items and interactions. I miss the sims not being able to boat out to sea and deep sea dive for collections).
    4. School Pack (I've no interest whatsoever in the schools, colleges and universities, I just like adventures and collections).
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    School pack is my number 1 choice for the next expansion pack, although I also like the band pack idea.

I have lots of ideas for a school pack. It would be nice to see different subjects, like language, science, arts, mathematics, PE, and all of them catering to different skills. But I think a school pack should focus on the teacher, and not on the students. I have written something about this before, so I'll just quote that:
    Klthf wrote: »
    I think a school would work better if we were able to play as the teacher, instead of the students. I think it would be more fun to influence what is happening in the classroom than controlling only one student. Being a teacher means you would have to make sure all of your students learn enough to pass the test, but students are of course going to need help. When students perform badly, you might have to talk to the parents, who aren't always going to accept what you're telling them. Some students might disrupt class and distract others, or they might cheat on their test. As a teacher you would have to pay attention to all of them. It would be neat if we were able to select our own class, in the same way we are able to make groups in Get Together. Maybe a teacher career could work a bit like a club. But instead of selecting club activities you are selecting class activities and creating class rules. I think this could also tie in with homeschooling.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Entertainment Pack: Bands (would love it with singers), Modeling, Acting, Singer, etc. Would be nice to have an integrated fame system.
    The Sims 4: Get Famous! :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I like the idea of each of the packs mentioned but I'd love an Island pack next, to go along with Seasons. Where Sims can swim in the ocean and get sunburned/tan. They do need to do University next though.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I totally want to be a celebrity. I also got to thinking, what if you could have child stars this time, and they have to balance their career with their school and getting hounded by the press. And when you age up you need to decide if you want to continue along a more adult celebrity line. Like a child singer could become an adult singer but they could change to an adult actor.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    More active base careers pack: Having more of the base careers be active and not rabbit holes.
    I would love to have more career options especially Active/Work From Home type to choose from. I'd love to have Ghosthunting back from Sims 3.

Other then that I want Werewolves as a GP ala Vampires and I would really love a Freetime pack which in Sims 4 I would probably do as a GP maybe. I would also kill for them to just dump a bunch of new traits and aspirations into the game as a free pack type deal (unlikely but if I could have anything that would be at the top of my list).
    ~ ~ ~