Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! EIG keeps crashing.

So when I try to edit a lot and add a rabbit hole to it EIG crashes immediately. But when I was adding stairs and other plants to a different lot it was fine. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I haven't got this far yet but may I suggest you "do" the rabbit hole bit first using the game and then save to library. Upload lot to world using EIG.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    EIG hasn't worked well for most since a patch a while back. There are some work arounds tho, like taking out your CC folder and store content while you work on your map in Caw.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    I had the same problem and took all my mods and downloads out, now the problem is solved. Good luck!
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Posts: 41 Member
    is this thread still active? I spent 7 hours yesterday making a world but it crashed when I went to EIG. I will start fresh today with caution(save, back up, save) does it really work to take out all cc and mods?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @Naphtali wrote: »
    is this thread still active? I spent 7 hours yesterday making a world but it crashed when I went to EIG. I will start fresh today with caution(save, back up, save) does it really work to take out all cc and mods?

Yes, It does work best without CC or as little CC as you need. Plus, it works best without much Store- only install what you are going to use in the world and nothing more. :)
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Thank you for all the tips everyone!
    @Rflong7 So I want to really put in Dragon Valley .pack stuff. Will that be okay and not make it crash? I'm making a Viking/historical world. So I need the look of the town buildings to fit.
    @Rflong7 So I want to really put in Dragon Valley .pack stuff. Will that be okay and not make it crash? I'm making a Viking/historical world. So I need the look of the town buildings to fit.

Hi :)
    I can't guarantee CAW won't crash (save ever 15 minutes if you have problems. More if you're doing a lot of terrain painting) but that doesn't sound like a lot of store stuff. I don't see a problem.
    Another question, sorry for the noobness :) but I have now managed to go into EIG in CAW. But I can't edge scroll... I can rotate around and go up and down but not sideways. This is really annoying since my world is built lower on the map and my view is stuck on a mountain.
    Another question, sorry for the noobness :) but I have now managed to go into EIG in CAW. But I can't edge scroll... I can rotate around and go up and down but not sideways. This is really annoying since my world is built lower on the map and my view is stuck on a mountain.

Is the option to edge scroll on?
    @Rflong7 Yes it was. I fixed it somehow and finally got the lots in.