Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tribus, the Hudson Valley World's Fair-Final Version Out

Comments

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I made a sim to your specs. Can I just put her in my sims 3 studio and designate her as donation to Quailhogs. I don't have anything like MediaFire.[/quote]

Yes, you may.[/quote]

She's uploaded - I haven't any preference as to placement, use her where you like.
    edited July 2020
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I made a sim to your specs. Can I just put her in my sims 3 studio and designate her as donation to Quailhogs. I don't have anything like MediaFire.

Yes, you may.[/quote]

She's uploaded - I haven't any preference as to placement, use her where you like.
    [/quote]

So sorry, I realized I had uploaded her as a household and not as a sim. I pulled her and went back to do it properly, my game crashed. Apparently, since it crashed while running it with the "run without cc" checked was the same as saving it that way. All of my stuff is gone, there aren't even any worlds. I am going to have to uninstall everything and reinstall. I've spent the last 5 hours trying everything but that. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just do it. Don't dare tell me it would have been fine as a household.

I will recreate her when I get this all sorted out. It might be a few hours.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2020
    akaniki0: I am sorry to hear that; this game does not often work logically. Please post the link when she is ready.
    Quailhogs wrote: »
    akaniki0: I am sorry to hear that; this game does not often work logically. Please post the link when she is ready.

Finally! She is ready for download. Thank you for doing this, it's been fun ( mostly ). The world is amazing and I can't wait for it to be completed.
    I hope the link works, I've never done one before

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9401417

F.Y.I., the big mess was caused by Windows. They did an update while I was in the middle of this despite my settings and didn't even notify. It took them 2hrs to download, 2hrs to install and just over 1hr to restart. If you haven't gotten this update already, make sure you aren't doing something major when it hits you.
    Akaniki0: Thank you. I have your Sim downloaded.
    edited July 2020
    Akaniki0: Thank you. I have your Sim downloaded.

Oh good, glad it worked. Thank you for letting me know.

I wasn't sure the hair suited her, if you wanted to change it I would be fine with that.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    This world is magnificent @Quailhogs. May download later this evening and be your guinea pig lol
    Test Version 3 has been uploaded. It was brought to my attention that sims are unable to fish off the docks. Unfortunately I was not able to solve the issue; however, I was able to replicate the same problem in some other worlds, including Isla Paradiso. Bluestone is now populated. Did some reconfiguration of some lots, including the movie theater and several starter houses.
    Test Version 3 has been uploaded. It was brought to my attention that sims are unable to fish off the docks. Unfortunately I was not able to solve the issue; however, I was able to replicate the same problem in some other worlds, including Isla Paradiso. Bluestone is now populated. Did some reconfiguration of some lots, including the movie theater and several starter houses.

Thank you, thank you! Going to download now.

You said "test", am I to infer from this that you are still in need of feedback?
    edited August 2020

You said "test", am I to infer from this that you are still in need of feedback?

Yes. I am doing this in phases. I am making minor cosmetic changes to the world in between phases as I await feedback. In addition, phasing helps me to figure out if I actually addressed the problems that people specified.

Yes. I am doing this in phases. I am making minor cosmetic changes to the world in between phases as I await feedback. In addition, phasing helps me to figure out if I actually addressed the problems that people specified.

Just wanted to let you know I have found no issues so far. All pictures came through properly.
    There is a bit more I have to do but so far so good.

I've tested everything I could think of, including all vacation destinations, future and university, no issues found.
    Yes, the fishing thing that you already addressed ( personally, don't care about that anyway )
    The only thing left would be the quests. I don't know if you want those tested yet or no. I will wait for your say so.
    I guess I'm done until further instruction. It was a pleasure.
    edited August 2020

I've tested everything I could think of, including all vacation destinations, future and university, no issues found.
    Yes, the fishing thing that you already addressed ( personally, don't care about that anyway )
    The only thing left would be the quests. I don't know if you want those tested yet or no. I will wait for your say so.

Thank you for your help. By quests, do you mean the tombs? Those do need some testing.

Thank you for your help. By quests, do you mean the tombs? Those do need some testing.

Ok, will do, any idea how many there are? I will go and see how many I can find.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I have been stalking this thread since day one. I also have all your worlds. My fave is Vargjfell. I continue to impatiently wait for this. And deeply appreciate and am grateful for all.
    Thank you for your help. By quests, do you mean the tombs? Those do need some testing. [/quote]
    Re: Tombs ( Keeping in mind that these my be due to a lacking on my part )

Hatchery - Everything worked, tomb completed.
    Basillica - Can't find crescent key stone to unlock basement door.
    Library - Everything worked, tomb completed.
    Art Gallery - Tomb completed ( is the ladder a red herring? )
    Cemetery - Basement level doors in the yellow, green and blue lit rooms keep locking each others doors ( I'm pretty sure this is due to
    something I missed ) Green lit room won't allow you to walk anywhere except on the left side border, even when middle right
    side door is unlocked. You have the option to "walk through door", but they jump up & down like something is in the way.
    Can not progress past this point.
    Bourgeoise Theatre - Tomb completed. However, moving the gold statue will not trigger the " go through door" option. It will allow you to
    walk through the door if you click on the ground on the other side of the door and select "go here" I believe I went through
    every room.
    Jaughook Lighthouse - Completed.
    Tribus Warrens - None of the lights work. Completed.
    Hector's Hexes - Bookcase Door is not openable. ( I believe this to be a glitch with the door itself )

Let me know if there are any tombs I missed and I will test them.
    [/spoiler]
    Akaniki:
    Thank you. There is also a tomb in the gym. You need to hack the computer upstairs. There is a mini tomb in the bar.
    Cemetery: This issue is actually quite annoying. Apparently the impassible sections of the basement are below the terrain stairs, so I had to reconfigure that tomb to weave around the steps.
    Warrens: This issue I was not able to replicate. There are very dim lights in the warrens, (custom color to make it look almost as if the lights are off). That may be what you are seeing.
    Art Gallery: The ladder is just there. There was nothing intended by it.
    edited September 2020
    Akaniki:
    Thank you. There is also a tomb in the gym. You need to hack the computer upstairs. There is a mini tomb in the bar.
    Cemetery: This issue is actually quite annoying. Apparently the impassible sections of the basement are below the terrain stairs, so I had to reconfigure that tomb to weave around the steps.
    Warrens: This issue I was not able to replicate. There are very dim lights in the warrens, (custom color to make it look almost as if the lights are off). That may be what you are seeing.

I figured some of those things had to be my fault, good to know.
    Will do the gym tomb and I guess that's it till next time.
    edited September 2020
    "Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

Akaniki to Quailhogs RE: Gym
    The Gym Tomb - It started out fine. Hacked the computer to unlock the door, that was the last thing that worked for me. Treasure on the floor does not appear, light on wall has no option to turn on. Nothing triggers the top floor restroom door to be able to trigger the rest of the doors. My poor sim, by the 6th time trying this tomb, I made her go pee in every stall, wash her hands at every sink, shower in every shower, work out on every machine, gussy up and admire self in every mirror, turn on every TV, eat food, drink beverages and turn on the radio. I was seeing possible triggers in everything. This tomb drove me insane. What is worse is that I know it is probably my fault. I know I had to have missed something somewhere. The OCD really got the best of me this time. I give, it wins. Tell me please, what did I miss?
    Now I look like my avatar
    "Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

The Gym Tomb - It started out fine. Hacked the computer to unlock the door, that was the last thing that worked for me. Treasure on the floor does not appear, light on wall has no option to turn on. Nothing triggers the top floor restroom door to be able to trigger the rest of the doors. My poor sim, by the 6th time trying this tomb, I made her go pee in every stall, wash her hands at every sink, shower in every shower, work out on every machine, gussy up and admire self in every mirror, turn on every TV, eat food, drink beverages and turn on the radio. I was seeing possible triggers in everything. This tomb drove me insane. What is worse is that I know it is probably my fault. I know I had to have missed something somewhere. The OCD really got the best of me this time. I give, it wins. Tell me please, what did I miss?
    Apparently I didn't put the trigger in when re-configuring the lot. I added the trigger for the door.

edited September 2020
    "Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

Apparently I didn't put the trigger in when re-configuring the lot. I added the trigger for the door.

Akaniki to Quailhogs

Ok, now you're just messing with me. Just kidding, I'll go check it out.

"Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

Nope, still not happening. If it is picking up treasure, it will never happen, that has been broken in my game for a long time. If it is the light. it still has no option to turn it on.
    Yes, this is a new download.
    "Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

Nope, still not happening. If it is picking up treasure, it will never happen, that has been broken in my game for a long time. If it is the light. it still has no option to turn it on.
    "Quailhogs; to "Akaniki:

I fixed it in CAW on my end per your feedback. You will not see the changes until I upload the next test version. Sorry about the confusion.
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Quailhogs I absolutely love your worlds! Grey Meadows is my fave , the characters and families make the worlds you've created really come alive! Downloading now and I just know Tribus will be just as wonderful. So happy that you are still creating worlds for Sims 3 . Take Care & Happy Simming!
    Post edited by readypost on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top