Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tribus, the Hudson Valley World's Fair-Final Version Out

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Awesome world, awesome builds and awesome views ... but it'll take me days just to explore Keilhaus Manor ... and that's not sim days ;)

wOHQD5h.jpg?1
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Quailhogs wrote: »
    I have uploaded a unpopulated version of this world for the purpose of testing. If anyone would like to volunteer to try this dumpster fire, I would appreciate it, immensely.

I would love to!
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @Quailhogs Wanted to say that your worlds some of my favorites. Always unique and consistent. Wish I could help but I no longer have pets installed.
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Ahh I can't wait to test it

Just as a question though, in which year do the events of Tribus take place? Wanna know that for gameplay purposes :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Ahh I can't wait to test it

Just as a question though, in which year do the events of Tribus take place? Wanna know that for gameplay purposes :)

Good question. Tribus takes place in the year 2050. It's my only world that takes place in the future.
    Grey Meadow, Fortress Rock, and Vargfjell take place in the year 1975. The Stoneshields, Huntsborough, and Wraith take place in the year 2000.
    If anyone would like to donate individual sims to populate this world as NPCs, I would be grateful. The expansions I use are World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise, and Into the Future; I do not use store items, even the free ones. I will not accept third-party CC, and please refrain from using fairies, elves, and rainbow sims. If there is a particular role you want the sim to have, such as maid or burglar, please tell me.
    Is there a limit of sims?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Is there a limit of sims?
    There is not a limit. When you have created you sim, post the link on this page.

I have uploaded a unpopulated version of this world for the purpose of testing. If anyone would like to volunteer to try this dumpster fire, I would appreciate it, immensely.

I'm just about done.

I have found no routing or service errors in any public spaces.

I've been trying to find all of the quest or are they just hidden rooms? Do any have a link to another property? Can you tell me how many there are, is there any particular order and where should I start?

I can't click on any light fixtures ( quest related ) and single treasure items show blank, that is probably just on my end due to a mod or CC.

I have played a household in every single house and have found no routing problems. The only thing I did find was the empty room in Keilhaus Manor that is under the elevator tube. Is it suppose to be like that, is it suppose to have another tube entry?

There is an intersection just across the main bridge ( The Bridge Rd. and Mount Lena Rd. ) where the road pieces don't quite line up.

People have to do a lot of running.

This was hard for me to do. I have always been and still am in awe of your builds.
    I love the world, thank you so very much for making it. I populated it with people from your other worlds.

• ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    So happy that Tribus is finally up for downloads! Can't wait to play the populated version with all your eccentric, lovely sims.
    edited June 2020
    akaniki0 wrote: »

I'm just about done.

GOOD

I've been trying to find all of the quest or are they just hidden rooms? Do any have a link to another property? Can you tell me how many there are, is there any particular order and where should I start?
    I already know that there is an issue with some tombs. I originally had the tombs linked together, but I decided to have them as standalone instead. There is no specific order for completing the tombs. There is a tomb in the show venue that I completely redid, so do not bother testing that. I already know that the tomb in the cemetery does not function properly. The other tombs include: Train Station Annex, solar array (not really much of one), the gym, the laundromat, the fish hatchery, Hector's Hexes, the Art Gallery, the Library, and O'Brian's Alehouse. Hold off on the church, since I did some renovations to add indoor bathrooms.

I can't click on any light fixtures ( quest related ) and single treasure items show blank, that is probably just on my end due to a mod or CC.
    Are you talking about treasure spawns outside of chests? I think those require time to spawn. You may need to wait a few days. If that doesn't work, then they serve no purpose, and I will delete them

I have played a household in every single house and have found no routing problems. The only thing I did find was the empty room in Keilhaus Manor that is under the elevator tube. Is it suppose to be like that, is it suppose to have another tube entry?
    I am not sure which room you are talking about. There is supposed to be a robotics station there.

There is an intersection just across the main bridge ( The Bridge Rd. and Mount Lena Rd. ) where the road pieces don't quite line up.
    I'll check it out

I was afraid of that. I over-estimated the intelligence of sims and they do not always choose the fastest route to get to places. I may need to add additional train stations to isolated areas.

This was hard for me to do. I have always been and still am in awe of your builds.
    I love the world, thank you so very much for making it. I populated it with people from your other worlds.

Thank you for testing my world. Don't get too attached to the unpopulated version. I have some nice people to populate the more heavily-decorated houses. Also, did the paintings get installed with the world? They are important for narrative purposes.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    1Vguowv.jpg

The wallpaper in this room reminds me of the haunted mansion at Disney!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi =]
    I have a Sim you can use. I only have the base game installed (didn't use any Store) and checked her with Custard.
    Joy Castle (my Saraphina without the color skin and facepaint)
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9399198

edited June 2020
    GraceyManor- That's the elixir store, Hector's Hexes. It was fun to design.
    Rflong7- Thank you. I hardly recognize her without the face paint and the top hat.
    Zei- I will probably incrementally populate the world throughout the different phases of testing. I have most of the families designed, but they are lacking descriptions or backstories.
    Sim is currently in the making, was considering to send one of my sims from the Interactive Reality TV Show Community, but they would be close to elders in the Timeline of Tribus, so that might not work
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

I'm just about done.

GOOD

I already know that there is an issue with some tombs. I originally had the tombs linked together, but I decided to have them as standalone instead. There is no specific order for completing the tombs. There is a tomb in the show venue that I completely redid, so do not bother testing that. I already know that the tomb in the cemetery does not function properly. The other tombs include: Train Station Annex, solar array (not really much of one), the gym, the laundromat, the fish hatchery, Hector's Hexes, the Art Gallery, the Library, and O'Brian's Alehouse. Hold off on the church, since I did some renovations to add indoor bathrooms.

Are you talking about treasure spawns outside of chests? I think those require time to spawn. You may need to wait a few days. If that doesn't work, then they serve no purpose, and I will delete them

I am not sure which room you are talking about. There is supposed to be a robotics station there.

I'll check it out

I was afraid of that. I over-estimated the intelligence of sims and they do not always choose the fastest route to get to places. I may need to add additional train stations to isolated areas.

Thank you for testing my world. Don't get too attached to the unpopulated version. I have some nice people to populate the more heavily-decorated houses. Also, did the paintings get installed with the world? They are important for narrative purposes.

The room I was talking about in Keilhaus Manor is on the 2nd. floor, overlooking where the chess table is. No matter, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an invisible something waiting to be triggered.

The pics did not come through with the world. I wish I would have noticed 1st. that you had a download for those. I was thinking of redownloading the world now that I've downloaded all of the pics, though, it doesn't look like they all came through.

I think I will just delete all of it and start over by installing the pics 1st. and then the world.

I won't get too attached, I just figured if it had to have people in it they may as well be yours.
    I've finished my sim, but for some reason my computer doesn't want to upload her to my Sims Page, is there another way for you to accept my sim, for example via Email?
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I've finished my sim, but for some reason my computer doesn't want to upload her to my Sims Page, is there another way for you to accept my sim, for example via Email?

If you have a MediaFire account, you can post a link to that.
    edited June 2020
    » show previous quotes

The room I was talking about in Keilhaus Manor is on the 2nd. floor, overlooking where the chess table is. No matter, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an invisible something waiting to be triggered.

The pics did not come through with the world. I wish I would have noticed 1st. that you had a download for those. I was thinking of redownloading the world now that I've downloaded all of the pics, though, it doesn't look like they all came through.

I think I will just delete all of it and start over by installing the pics 1st. and then the world.

I won't get too attached, I just figured if it had to have people in it they may as well be yours.
    [/quote]

Well, that worked. I deleted everything. Then went back and downloaded all the pictures and then reinstalled the world. All the pictures came through perfectly except for the names.
    Post edited by akaniki0 on
    akaniki0: I know what room you are talking about now. You are not missing anything with that room; I never put anything in it. I just kind of left it blank, but I will figure out something to do with it.

YJB19299: Thank you. Based on her bio, I assume you want me to make her enemies with people of some certain families?

If you want to, you can do so :) You can also make her friends with those who are against these families if you want to :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Test Version 2 is now uploaded.
    • Several of the issues brought up by akaniki0 have been addressed.
    • A number of tombs have been revised, including the theater, solar array, the gym, and the art gallery.
    • The world is now partially populated. Very few townies, but the Copper Trail District has been populated.
    If anyone would like to donate individual sims to populate this world as NPCs, I would be grateful. The expansions I use are World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise, and Into the Future; I do not use store items, even the free ones. I will not accept third-party CC, and please refrain from using fairies, elves, and rainbow sims. If there is a particular role you want the sim to have, such as maid or burglar, please tell me.

I made a sim to your specs. Can I just put her in my sims 3 studio and designate her as donation to Quailhogs. I don't have anything like MediaFire.

I made a sim to your specs. Can I just put her in my sims 3 studio and designate her as donation to Quailhogs. I don't have anything like MediaFire.

Yes, you may.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top