The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Screaming curse of the ancestors

Has anybody experienced the Screaming Curse of the Ancestors (or what it is in English) from JA? I haven't laughed so hard in years in TS4 :D ,

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sounds awesome. No I haven't. How do I Get it?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    How many curses there are actually in JA lol
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Sounds awesome. No I haven't. How do I Get it?

You have to combine 3 certain relic components (I must look them up in English). Your Sim will start to scream uncontrollably from time to time and the desease will spread all over the place with spooky black beams. It looks so funny when two Sims scream together!

I didn't care for the relics so far but it looks like a giant source of fun. The game is much bigger than we think ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are several versions of this curse, depending on the rarity of the gem placed in the relic. i believe common gems net the sneezing curse of the ancients, uncommon gets shouting/screaming curse, and rare gives sleeping/yawning curse. all three are contagious and will spread to anyone nearby who doesn't already have a blessing or curse active after a short while

and, all three can be dispelled the same way (cooking up some bone powder on the stove), which turns the curse into 'blessing of the ancients', which is also contagious
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The worst curse I have seen is the Spontanious Combustion one.
    At least that one doesn't spread...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    They actually scream? Like loudly?! I wanna see this..

I recently accidentally marked another sim in my household for death. I put in a rare gem in the relic just to see what would happen. :D
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    They actually scream? Like loudly?! I wanna see this..

I recently accidentally marked another sim in my household for death. I put in a rare gem in the relic just to see what would happen. :D

They scream like crazy. My Sim infected the poor barkeeper ...

Y9CmAc1.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow I gotta try to do this sooner rather than later...
    egTcBMc.png
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    From Carl"s Sims 4 Guide website -

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/relics.php

Shows the various Tops, Bases, and Gem (common, uncommon, and rare) combinations! From what it looks like, it's the RARITY - not type - of gem that determines a relic's powers!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!