Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise vs Ambitions

I am about to buy another EP for Sims 3. I am thinking I would like Island Paradise more, but I am also afraid it will break my game. I have Seasons, Pets, UL, Generations, and Late Night. IP and Ambitions seem like the only two other packs that are worth having, so I am just curious which is better?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    If your computer can already handle Pets and Seasons well, these are the two heaviest ones, chances are it will do fine with IP. It's the Isla Paradiso world that comes with the EP that is broken, not the pack itself, but either the world can be fixed up before playing it or the content can be used in other worlds (up to a point, deep sea diving lots require water that is deep enough to handle them and not all worlds have waterways wide enough to accommodate boating properly). Resorts can be placed just about anywhere.

All a matter of playstyle, but I find myself using Ambitions content much more often than IP. And what, no love for WA or Supernatural? Those are excellent packs in their own right as well. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2018
    I get far more use out of Ambitions than I do IP. The Twinbrook world is awesome, the self employed + careers are great fun, and I love the objects that came with the pack.
    Also, I agree with @igazor , WA and Supernatural are wonderful packs, that add a great deal to your game! If you don't like supernaturals, you're not required to use them or anything, and the skills and objects that come with SN ( and WA ) are excellent.
    They will add a lot to your game!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    If your computer can already handle Pets and Seasons well, these are the two heaviest ones, chances are it will do fine with IP. It's the Isla Paradiso world that comes with the EP that is broken, not the pack itself, but either the world can be fixed up before playing it or the content can be used in other worlds (up to a point, deep sea diving lots require water that is deep enough to handle them and not all worlds have waterways wide enough to accommodate boating properly). Resorts can be placed just about anywhere.

All a matter of playstyle, but I find myself using Ambitions content much more often than IP. And what, no love for WA or Supernatural? Those are excellent packs in their own right as well. :)

I'm not much of a supernatural player, I hadn't thought about WA.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have the enitre collection and it means I can play any type of shorter story in an EA world and one can be about somebody in showbiz just for fun or a sim living in a big city and enjoying it though I hate the city.I just pretend to love the city life when I play a big city sim.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    You can compare game guides + reviews to see what's useful to your playstyle.
    Ambitions is a top favorite of mine simply for the self-employed careers.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I agree with @SimplyJen it is worth doing a bit of research before buying. I got many of my packs long after their release date and I found viewing YouTube Let's Plays very helpful.

As a builder I also look at the decor/building items in each pack for their usefulness. Both Ambitions and IP are good for that. Both come with new worlds which is always good. As a player who doesn't use mods or cc I find the actual Isla Paradiso impossible to play though because of the issues.

As you are not a Supernatural fan then may I suggest considering Showtime. Some players see this as another Late Night but I like Starlight Shores better than Bridgeport. The EP comes with a reasonable level of content and some new careers which are good fun.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita