Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they going to???

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
Come out with a Sims 5? Any talk of it that anyone knows of? If they do I hope it is a combo of all the best parts of each game and what us players have to say. I love sims 2 the best so far. But it is getting so old I fear it will be harder and harder to find cc and mods for it.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2018
    Of course there will be a The Sims 5. What it will be is the big question. Mobile or MMO or Console. I'm doubting it is a pc game the next time. Maybe it's built entirely for Google Chrome. lol Hey, I can't help thinking it won't be for pc.

I have over 13GB of custom content for TS2 and can't actually put it in all at one time and have to 'theme' it so I can at least run a half decent game and I find more everyday I go searching. You aren't looking in the right places. MTS still has modders and custom creators making content for TS2. People are still creating content over on Tumblr and Simblr or whatever they are called. And there are many modders over on Cradle of Darkness site still creating amazing stuff. And I know of many who have their own websites, searching for new stuff has become a little harder the way Google bumps TS4 to the front of the page when searching, but ignore that and dive deeper into search engines.

ETA: Granted the link below is one about four years ago, but some amazing stuff on there. Bet not many have seen it.

http://gioiellats2.blogspot.com/

ETA: here are a few Ts4 to TS2 conversions indexes,

https://ts4tots2conversions.weebly.com/conversion-database
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Thank you Cinebar. But I hope they did one for PC as I have no other game machine. LOL Thanks for the links.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I don't think there will be a five. I am sure they will attach the Sims name to something, but I don't think the series itself will continue. If it does I really don't think it will be the best parts of all, or even one for that matter.

There is still tons of CC and mods being made everyday. MTS almost always has something new, and Tumblr is very popular now for Sims 2 CC. You should check this site on a daily basis or so to a bunch of the stuff that is released on different sites, especially on Tumblr so you don't have to search it yourself.

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't think we'll ever get a proper Sims game again. I think from here on in, if they go forward, it will be micro-transactioned app / mobile games. I still believe TS4 was a pitiful effort at a recent iteration, shallow and with no substance, and I think that any subsequent attempts at sims will be the same, if not worse. I think EA are preying on the younger gen now, that has grown up with this kind of thing as the "norm" , and leaving those of us who remember games with quality, love and care put into them, behind. We're no longer of use to them because some of us refuse to pay out money for the rubbish games they churn out today.

Some of the custom content that you can get for TS2, particularly if you like to play period games, just about changes the entire game as we know it. There is deity worship, markets where sims can sell their goods like items made from basket weaving, or spinning, a huge array of produce, useable wells and buckets, apiary ... the list goes on. For something a little more up to date, there are activities like Surfing. People do amazing things for a decade old game and it still surpasses the last two.

Personally, I'm glad that EA no longer touch Sims 2 or 3. Sadly, it seems that everything they touch, they ruin. It was a great day when they ceased patching TS3. I don't have to update my mods, and for the most glaring errors, if possible, the community has fixed them. I would rather take a community fix to be honest - at least I know it will be done properly.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Thanks guys. I may glad for the good outlook that sims 2 lives on for a long time yet. I love cc and mods.
  • Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    I hope that if there is no Sims 3, they at least release a Sims 3 Ultimate Collection for free where you can choose which SPs and EPs you want if you don't have enough space.
    edited May 2018
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Thank you Cinebar. But I hope they did one for PC as I have no other game machine. LOL Thanks for the links.

Yes, me, too. I'm not into tablets, consoles, phone games etc. But I just saw where Grant is taking surveys over on Twitter about ideas for years away packs (for TS4?) lol maybe it never ends. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KyarameruAiKyarameruAi Posts: 3 New Member
    @Cinebar Personally I don't think a Sims 5 will come out. Anything is possible though, but I doubt that even if it does that it will be first distributed on any devices other than PC, EA already usually stays exclusively on origin to distribute it's games, and if not it would just be in a disk. Origin is only accessible from PC already, and distributing it on mobile or console would just limit the game and make it alot harder to program the graphics due to how limited making a mobile game is to a PC game, slightly same with console. And displaying it as an Mmo would just ruin the Sims' purpose, which is to simulate the life of a family , and again, it would be a lot harder to program it online and it would just ruin the general purpose. Not saying it won't happen and I don't want to crush your opinion and wishes, I just want to display my own ^^.
  • joBaggerjoBagger Posts: 37 Member
    Hi to all TS2 fans!
    I agree with Cinebar that if TS5 ever appears , it will be not for pc any longer. I also agree, knew it for years, EA targets ( preys on) the younger generation which is not PC friendly. So iMO EA will continue with The Sims Mobile and that's that. At least WE have our TS2 and TS3( with mods) and our imagination. And a Happy TS2Simming to us all!
    Well said joBagger
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    It's possible, historically there has been 5 years per run before the next generation of the game came out. However it's all a matter of just what more can they do with the game that they haven't rolled into 3 or 4 and isn't mod able in 2 (and 3 or 4 for that matter). I doubt any incarnation will make anyone 100% happy with it. And is why mods exist. I have a laundry list of things I didn't like about TS2 but there were far more things I did like and all but a few of the things I didn't like you could fix with a mod. I am playing TS4 demo as I type this to see if any of the few things that couldn't be modded changed in 4. I'm on the fence about buying it even at a discount.
    StoneRyno- I love love love sims 2 and love mods and cc. Have played it non stop almost daily since it came out except for about a year when I got sims 3. Gave up on sims 3 and never liked it as well anyway. I just don't ever want sims 2 to not be here and able to play on future computers because of its age. I also have been thinking lately of getting the sims 4 now that it has toddlers and giving it a try. But I hear it is boring. Still might get the base game well cheep and play it on the side. Thanks for your input and that of everyone who has responded to this feed.
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    @kamra19610 with the popularity of these games I'd be shocked if a long time from now they are no longer playable. I mentioned in another thread about how 16bit applications are obsolete yet people have painstakingly made it possible to continue to play many of those games even today. Many of those games are 30 years old give or take today. I imagine if it weren't for the popularity of them they may not have the workarounds today to play them. And in 30 years from now it is anybody's guess if 32bit will have the same fate as 16bit. Especially given that despite computing being 64bit almost no software is made 64bit but still 32bit. Even games like Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons online that have pushed 32bit to the breaking point still don't have 64bit despite the need for it to have gone 64bit with all that they tried to make 32bit do.
    @Cinebar Personally I don't think a Sims 5 will come out. Anything is possible though, but I doubt that even if it does that it will be first distributed on any devices other than PC, EA already usually stays exclusively on origin to distribute it's games, and if not it would just be in a disk. Origin is only accessible from PC already, and distributing it on mobile or console would just limit the game and make it alot harder to program the graphics due to how limited making a mobile game is to a PC game, slightly same with console. And displaying it as an Mmo would just ruin the Sims' purpose, which is to simulate the life of a family , and again, it would be a lot harder to program it online and it would just ruin the general purpose. Not saying it won't happen and I don't want to crush your opinion and wishes, I just want to display my own ^^.

Well, probably not for another three years, according to The Sims Community site Maxis has supposedly said TS4 last three more years or they have plans for at least three more years...argh, I'm ready for a new game. :D
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Yes, they are planning Sims 4 content for at least 3 more years. They said "Seasons (the new pack) is just the tip of the iceberg."

Lol, I remember someone claiming to be an ex guru said on Reddit they want to make Sims 4 the Skyrim of Sims. Apparently they were telling the truth!
  • joBaggerjoBagger Posts: 37 Member
    Skyrim of Sims!!!!!!?????? I don't believe it! Imposssible, pardon my saying so. Skyrim with the open world? In which I could imerse myself for hours just fishing and sightseeing? I sometimes open Skyrim and just follow my character from one corner of the world to the other....
    How come?
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well, probably not for another three years, according to The Sims Community site Maxis has supposedly said TS4 last three more years or they have plans for at least three more years...argh, I'm ready for a new game. :D

Well look at the bright side. You won't have to get let down again for a long time if ever! No being disappointed in a new game if there isn't one! :D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2018
    ROFL... "Skyrim of Sims" :D:D
    If only TS4 had as much love and care put into it as Skyrim, it might have been a whole different experience.

As it is, players pretty much seem to have to play how EA tells them they should.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well look at the bright side. You won't have to get let down again for a long time if ever! No being disappointed in a new game if there isn't one! :D

LOL :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The way things are going, I'd guess that TS5 will arrive about the same time the Titanic does in Boston harbor under its own power. And in about the same condition the ship currently is in.

Sims Resource still has lots of good TS2 content as well. A while back downloaded a lot of Victorian, from stuff to walls & floors.
    The way things are going, I'd guess that TS5 will arrive about the same time the Titanic does in Boston harbor under its own power. And in about the same condition the ship currently is in.

Sims Resource still has lots of good TS2 content as well. A while back downloaded a lot of Victorian, from stuff to walls & floors.

LOL!!! :joy::D