Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a Royalty Game Pack?

This was in Sims Freeplay and this could very well work for Sims 4.
A magnificent castle has appeared shrouded in mystery! Only those who are chivalrous, valiant, and honorable can lift the curse upon it and become the king or queen. Hurry, Sim Town is waiting for the rightful heir to the throne!

• Lower the drawbridge and open the gates to the majestic Northern Glade Castle! Complete the Royal Lineage quest to explore the castle at level 14+.
• Take the throne as the queen or king of Sim Town! Create your royal family with perfect princesses and playful princes.
• Be covered in fairy dust from magical and mischievous fairies. Complete the Royal Lineage quest to welcome pet fairies to your family!
• Hit a bullseye in the new archery hobby. Become an archery master to unlock spectacular statues for your courtyard garden.
• Entertain royalty as a hilarious Jester. Perform sidesplitting dances and acts to unlock the throne room.
• Ascend to the throne room to issue decrees! Take rule and affect Sim Town in new exciting ways.
• Dazzle onlookers with jewel-studded crowns, gorgeous flowing gowns, and commanding royal attire!

I would just add having an estate with like a palace with multiple homes for all your heirs to live on.

Would be nice for the King or Queen to impact like laws in the Sim world.

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruNinja @simgurukate
    look at this fun idea
    they look at the forums a lot
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want royalty, but that isn't quite how I want it.

I want the drudgery of 'the boxes' for the ruling monarch.
    I want the struggle to avoid scandal, especially as the royal children go through their teens and young adult years.
    I want the risk, if appointing an evil sim as a duke (or duchess), that they will plot to overthrow the monarch.

The life of a monarch is similar to a politician, but with no campaigning, no politics, and lots of ribbon cutting. Scissor cramp is a serious issue for the Royal sims.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    I want royalty, but that isn't quite how I want it.

I want the drudgery of 'the boxes' for the ruling monarch.
    I want the struggle to avoid scandal, especially as the royal children go through their teens and young adult years.
    I want the risk, if appointing an evil sim as a duke (or duchess), that they will plot to overthrow the monarch.

The life of a monarch is similar to a politician, but with no campaigning, no politics, and lots of ribbon cutting. Scissor cramp is a serious issue for the Royal sims.

Right.

For me I am in the middle of developing a Monarchy, as well as a government where Democracy and Aristocracy collide.

Speaking for my own style. My Kingdom is in more of a Medieval-Fantasy theme.
    However I would like the idea of a Modern day Monarchy, restored.

If this is done. I want the full effect.
    Starting with the Coronation, the Divine right to rule.
    the Crown, I'm thinking The Imperial State Crown.
    Oaths, Orb, Sword, and scepter, The throne.
    I want to be able design the Castle.
    It's fine if the Castle or Palace is on a Special Lot Type... that way I can Build two, one for Living, the other for Work.

I think there should be offices, because I'm getting tired of using Clubs to hold titles.

My monarchs would be pretty Epic, He's kind of a better version of King Henry VIII, Strong, Confident, Benevolent There is a Queen, But she is a Queen of her own right. (Two Kingdoms Merge.) Ruthless and Vindictive.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    I love the idea. I have two modern royal families in my game and I would love if they would include a royalty game pack. Or at least add two more spaces when naming my sims. It drives me crazy that I can get so close to putting a Princess Elizabeth into the game but then I have to put abbreviations. It would be nice to be able to give them titles, not just royal.

I also would love to add more drama and having to deal with teens and young adults in the spotlight or seeing another part of the family try and take over. So much potential drama!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I would like If It doesnt work as mobile quest...
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sure. There's two things everybody loves right now: superheroes, and royal weddings.

Both would be great to have in The Sims, and it's crazy that Maxis hasn't jumped on the bandwagon yet, especially when the royal baby-bubble will probably burst sooner rather than later. They should strike while the iron's hot.
    wJbomAo.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Please no. To me adding monarchy to the game would be like adding religion. Maybe the folks in the US don't understand because they only associate it with fairytales and royal weddings but monarchy is a (anachronistic) system that is still a thing in some European countries (I'm talking about what I know, that's why I talk just Europe) and it is very politically charged.
    For me it's a big NO since I really despise monarchies and believe they shouldn't exist anymore.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    @AlbaWaterhouse
    Monarchy is still used in some Asian countries, several African countries, a bunch of middle eastern countries, there's even a north American country that is technically attached to a monarchy.
    There are 43 countries are a sovereign state, with a monarch at its head. In addition to that there are 53 countries in the Commonwealth, of which Queen Elizabeth II is the head, and is reigning monarch of 16 of those countries.
    Basically, close to half the countries on earth are either under a monarch, or are attached to a monarchy.

Constitutional monarchies have little to do with politics in the normal sense. For example, the Queen of England has no real political power, instead,
    As Head of State, The Monarch undertakes constitutional and representational duties which have developed over one thousand years of history. In addition to these State duties, The Monarch has a less formal role as 'Head of Nation'. The Sovereign acts as a focus for national identity, unity and pride; gives a sense of stability and continuity; officially recognises success and excellence; and supports the ideal of voluntary service.

They are figureheads and role models.

Royal families are fascinating.
    The royal family of Norway have been a continuous line since Harold Fairhair
    Japan is the world's oldest extant continuous hereditary monarchy, dating back to 660BC, that's about 1000 years more than Norway!

Monarchies bring their countries enormous amounts of money from tourism. They are the original cult of celebrity, and are certainly a lot healthier to follow that the Kardashians (that is what you end up with people following when you don't have a monarchy). :p
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I mean it is OK. Not everyone likes it, however, I have never been here for vampires or supernaturals so I never purchased it.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I was originally against the idea when I read the thread title. But you know it could actually work.

It's a more out there idea for a pack, sure, but so was into the future in ts3 and that was one of my faves. If they redid the time travel concept perhaps you could travel to the past as well as the future and that is where the royal family concept can come in.

I know a lot of Sims players want more historical sort of clothing and locations so this would make them happy at the same time because the past would be very low tech and have different dress standards than the future or the present.

What do you think @YankeesForever ?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    If they redid the time travel concept perhaps you could travel to the past as well as the future and that is where the royal family concept can come in.
    But a lot of people also want to play as modern royals.

I prefer Modern Royals. I would love if a Guru could consider it? Is there anyway to get our voices heard?
    I prefer Modern Royals. I would love if a Guru could consider it? Is there anyway to get our voices heard?

I agree. I would love to have modern royals in my game.

There have been several other posts about this idea over the years, I would really like to hear what a Sim Guru would have to say on the matter. Clearly, there is demand for it by some fans.
    Sigma4life wrote: »

I agree. I would love to have modern royals in my game.

There have been several other posts about this idea over the years, I would really like to hear what a Sim Guru would have to say on the matter. Clearly, there is demand for it by some fans.

Yes to all this!
    @YankeesForever I mean if you look a a few days back in this forum, you will see there is a post about wanting tiaras added to the game. There seem to be a few people who are interested in the topic.
    Sigma4life wrote: »
    @YankeesForever I mean if you look a a few days back in this forum, you will see there is a post about wanting tiaras added to the game. There seem to be a few people who are interested in the topic.

I am shocked we already don't have them minus CC. You can have crowns, ect, so I am glad I am not the only one interested. They had a video during TS3 that was about the royal family and the bonus in adding it in TS4 is you give something new to the game that hasn't been added.

Also there have been plenty of sims who were royalty.

Ichtaca's come to mind right away: The Ichtaca family is a pre-created, yet playable family featured in Isla Paradiso, from The Sims 3: Island Paradise. The family consists of the late Adalia Ichtaca, her two sons Guillermo and Rubisel, Guillermo's wife Carolina, and their two children Liliana and Everado.

According to their family description, they are descendants of the ancient island royalty and live in a large home, save for Rubisel, who lives in a houseboat. Rubisel also has a crush with Linda Scott who is also pregnant with his infant, Unborn baby Scott.

But they had no royal titles.

The Vanderburg family reside in Hidden Springs, a world that can be downloaded from The Sims 3 Store. It consists of Catarina Vanderburg, her two children, Sebastian and Francisca, and her husband Renauld Vanderburg. The family is said to be the royalty in the town.

They also had no royal titles.
  • BellanotBellaBellanotBella Posts: 14 New Member
    If the Sims Team goes through with a time travel pack (as mentioned on a Twitter Q&A), perhaps Sims from the future could go back to medieval times and seduce the royalty with their technological prowess. Then, in the present, they would own a castle and royal titles. And, if a scientist were to go back in time and tell them about science and technology, going back to present would change the current worlds. Due to the technology being introduced in the past, the worlds could have evolved and upgraded with new futuristic tech. I am so hyped for this pack now!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I want modern Royals with a fantasy twist since medieval ones wouldn't make sense with the current game and worlds. They'd be more like celebrities than Disney-esque royalty though. The royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Harry has made me curious about the history, life and roles of royal families lol. I watched an interesting documentary on the late Princess Diana and now I'm invested
    mika wrote: »
    I want modern Royals with a fantasy twist since medieval ones wouldn't make sense with the current game and worlds. They'd be more like celebrities than Disney-esque royalty though. The royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Harry has made me curious about the history, life and roles of royal families lol. I watched an interesting documentary on the late Princess Diana and now I'm invested

I have always been! have you read up on the royal families of other countries(They are just as fascinating) Like Lesotho, Lichtenstein, ect
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A lot of the outfits royals wear are based on versions that are generations old, so they should work in a modern setting or a historical one.
    mika wrote: »

Watch The Crown. It's a pretty realistic view into the life of a modern monarch.
    MV5BMjAxOTA2Mjc3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMxMzIxNDM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Victoria is also worth watching, since she made a lot of changes to how the royal family are perceived.
    80095676.jpg