The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Seems like seasons have broke more mods lol
    I’d be surprised if it didn’t honestly lol it’s a huge chunk of changing code that’s been downloaded.

it never used to break things though.

But remember they had to go in and touched almost every part of the base game code. That code is what the modders have used to base them on. It totally makes sense to me that they would have to go back and do the same thing with mods. I’m not a tech person but my uncle and aunt are both programmers and part of my aunts job is writing code and making it work with different ones. I’ve heard the complaints lol

i'm not techy either so its amazing i understood you.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’d be surprised if it didn’t honestly lol it’s a huge chunk of changing code that’s been downloaded.

But remember they had to go in and touched almost every part of the base game code. That code is what the modders have used to base them on. It totally makes sense to me that they would have to go back and do the same thing with mods. I’m not a tech person but my uncle and aunt are both programmers and part of my aunts job is writing code and making it work with different ones. I’ve heard the complaints lol

I think of it like it’s a book being written. The base game is the idea for the story what you put in your outline in school but everything else stuff packs, game packs, and Expansion Packs are chapters and pages. Some are short some are long but they all get edited through the writing process. Right up until in the end when we get the published book. Sometimes it’s high quality and sometimes you close the book and say I want those two hours of my life back *cough*twilight*cough*

• Options

I think of it like it’s a book being written. The base game is the idea for the story what you put in your outline in school but everything else stuff packs, game packs, and Expansion Packs are chapters and pages. Some are short some are long but they all get edited through the writing process. Right up until in the end when we get the published book. Sometimes it’s high quality and sometimes you close the book and say I want those two hours of my life back *cough*twilight*cough*

i gave up prewriting my legacy. i would write it down then go in game and my sims would do the opposite of what i wrote.
  • Options

i gave up prewriting my legacy. i would write it down then go in game and my sims would do the opposite of what i wrote.

That’s why I have a general plan and I turn off autonomy when I need to lol
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Downloaded and installed now
  • Options
    LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Cause I'm Central Time, I have to wait for tomorrow :( for it to download

Just use a VPN service.

#tunnelbear ;)

(FYI for those considering this and to avoid me giving anyone bad advice: if you use a VPN service, make sure to preorder the game in your own region first. EA doesn't want you using this to pay less, but afaik they don't mind you using to download stuff you've already paid for. Happy simming disclaimer ;))

Yay! My VPN I got to watch new episodes of Poldark is now serving a dual purpose! Just put myself in Australia, and Seasons is downloading now! Can't wait!
  • Options
    I keep telling myself I’m almost there it’s 40mins before I get to leave and then 40mins home in under 2 hours I should be playing lol
  • Options
    FuntsiFuntsi Posts: 22 Member
    45 minutes until midnight and Seasons! I was so pumped up that I ended up buying My First Pet Stuff Pack from sales while waiting LOL. Happened to be rly cheap and I had that money ready in my EA wallet so eh... might as well get all the stuff packs.
  • Options
    KhuganKhugan Posts: 23 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    That went fast <3 Now I will quickly vacuum and then play xD

LOL don't break anything while you vacuum!
  • Options
    KhuganKhugan Posts: 23 Member
    To those of you lucky enough to be playing...
    Should I start a new save with Seasons, or continue setting up my new-ish town with homes and families and save it on a Sunday? Has anyone had any troubles with an older save? Thanks!
  • Options
    I keep telling myself I’m almost there it’s 40mins before I get to leave and then 40mins home in under 2 hours I should be playing lol

under 2 hrs is 0 traffic.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    This wait is killin' me. Lol I think I have like 7 more hours to go, or something like that. What is everyone doing to pass the time? Also what is the first thing you're going to do once it's downloaded?
  • Options
    This wait is killin' me. Lol I think I have like 7 more hours to go, or something like that. What is everyone doing to pass the time? Also what is the first thing you're going to do once it's downloaded?

i spent time looking for my missing coffee scoop.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,554 Member
    edited June 2018

That's a Teaser for the Release Trailer. Looks like the release trailer may be dropping tomorrow. Still 7 hrs and 5 minutes till we can download it on the East Coast. Remember though most of us will get it at by midnight tonight Tomorrow is still the official day it's out meaning some people will be buying It from stores.
  • Options
    VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    Although I was able to download seasons at midnight Australian time... I had to go to work, so I know how you all are feeling with how long you have to wait!
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    June 21 2018...that's the supposed release date for preorders on the origin store, right?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    June 21 2018...that's the supposed release date for preorders on the origin store, right?

If your on the pacific you get it at 9pm if on the east coast midnight. In between 10 and 11pm.
  • Options
    Is that the same for Europe?
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,613 Member

It follows midnight June 22 whatever time zone you are in, in US release at midnight eastern
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    46 minutes to go. I feel like a small child on xmas eve.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Us brits are currently in British Summer Time at the moment.
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Is that the same for Europe?

I'm not familiar with Europe's time so I can't speak for that.
  • Options
    LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    Khugan wrote: »
    To those of you lucky enough to be playing...
    Should I start a new save with Seasons, or continue setting up my new-ish town with homes and families and save it on a Sunday? Has anyone had any troubles with an older save? Thanks!

I have four saves, so I can start with a different season in each one. When I first opened it up, it asked me which season I wanted to start with. I am trying Spring right now, but am going to try a different one in each save. I haven't seen any major problems so far with using an old save.