Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Argh! Why you gotta make these threads. I end up staring at the days left like they're going to change minute to minute. :D So hyped for this pack. And thrilled it was announced only a month out instead of 4 or 5!

but one of the previous countdowns started in the 90s. so 20s isn't that bad.
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Argh! Why you gotta make these threads. I end up staring at the days left like they're going to change minute to minute. :D So hyped for this pack. And thrilled it was announced only a month out instead of 4 or 5!

but one of the previous countdowns started in the 90s. so 20s isn't that bad.

I remember that! I think I don't start staring until it hits under 30. But then it goes soooo slowly. And this is Seasons, which magically makes it even slower.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Right??

I was in the living room watching my nephew play Zero Horizon Dawn (he just started) and there was snow and I was like, "Sims is going to have snow in Twenty-Four Days!!!". And it felt really far away suddenly. But still exciting :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I make one for all the packs coming out.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I make one for all the packs coming out.

I sure do enjoy them cat thanks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    23 Days and counting!!!!!!!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member

23 days until winter! :D
    edited May 2018
    question. are you going to play the seasons like they are or are you going to set them?

its a question for everyone,
    rjssim wrote: »

lol winter is coming

lol winter is coming

isn't that from game of thrones?
    question. are you going to play the seasons like they are or are you going to set them?

its a question for everyone,

i'm going to start on winter I think

lol winter is coming

yes it is @friendsfan367

lol winter is coming

yes it is @friendsfan367

i finally have hbo. :)
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    ravel wrote: »
    I just realised the release date is holiday here, Midsummer's eve, so I have the whole day free (or at least most of it) to play season! Lucky coincidence :smile:

Oooooh. Now I know what custom holiday I want to make! I wish it was a holiday here. That's awesome.

Great idea! Might try that myself, bonfires and saunas are big part of it in my country, and we already have them in game :smile:
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited May 2018
    Cool! 23 days and I've just finished my last German essay.
    What a time to be alive. (sorry, the overtiredness doth speak)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    itsug wrote: »
    I just realised the release date is holiday here, Midsummer's eve, so I have the whole day free (or at least most of it) to play season! Lucky coincidence :smile:

Heh, you are absolutely right, and whats even better, I dont have any plans for midsummer eve this year. :D
    #Swedenftw

whats midsummers eve?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer

cool. i love learning about differnt countries i've never been out of the us.

Here it's basically celebration of starting summer, when many people start their holidays and retreat to their summercottages. But it's celebrated in many countries and in different forms.

I love learning about different countries too! Now that we can celebrate holidays with seasons, I hope we get more stuff like the day of the dead and diwali! I really liked those updates and went straigh to read more about them :heart:

And there are also American things in game that are different from what we have here in Finland. Thanksgiving is something we don't have here, but I've seen it in tv-series etc. Also something I really like that we have here, is that Valentines day is not just for lovers, but it's literally called ystävänpäivä, "friend's day", and is about friendship too.
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Here it's basically celebration of starting summer, when many people start their holidays and retreat to their summercottages. But it's celebrated in many countries and in different forms.

I love learning about different countries too! Now that we can celebrate holidays with seasons, I hope we get more stuff like the day of the dead and diwali! I really liked those updates and went straigh to read more about them :heart:

And there are also American things in game that are different from what we have here in Finland. Thanksgiving is something we don't have here, but I've seen it in tv-series etc. Also something I really like that we have here, is that Valentines day is not just for lovers, but it's literally called ystävänpäivä, "friend's day", and is about friendship too.

That’s wicked cool. I didn’t realize how much I’d appreciate custom holidays until now. I’d love to see & read of different things celebrated around the world because I’d like to put it in my game, too - like friendship day.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    A US Countdown.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180622T00&p0=137&msg=The+Sims+4+Expansion+Pack:+Seasons&font=cursive&csz=1

Disclaimer: Time is based on previous expansion pack releases and are in no way confirmed by EA.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Can't wait! I haven't played since April because I couldn't take anymore of the eternal sunshine.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    This pack is going to bring so much realism to the game! Ugh, I can't wait. It's so close but it seems very far away...
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Isn't it awesome seeing almost everyone truly excited about this EP? After watching this forum go almost dark, with gloom and doom speculation running around like a hyperactive active toddler on a sugar rush, it's like someone flipped a switch and we're (Most of us, anyway) happy and chatting again in a civilized manner. Funny how the prospect of spending money on our game makes us so happy. And I will be on Origin at midnight the morning of June 22 to download Seasons. I can hardly wait.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    So excited for this expansion! Seasons was always my favorite pack so I can't wait for it. June 22nd can't come soon enough :smiley:
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m ready for it to be here! I’ve got a Joy family ready to go already just need seasons lol
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    So excited! I just got my vacation time approved for the day of and the few days before. I get Sims tunnel vision whenever new stuff is being released, and I can't focus properly on my work!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Are we able to change seasons at will rather than the game do it for us?