Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    For those who are asking about why they see 21st instead of 22nd or whether it will release at midnight etc., let me just put this here too:
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    For those that have 21st: it's because the EP is released in a region close to you at midnight that you're included in as well. So if you live in the UK you get it at 11 pm 21st June because central Europe gets it at midnight. If you're in the US I think those in the PST time zone actually get it at 9 pm because it's released midnight EST (unless this is the other way around but I don't think so). If you're in NZ you get it at 2 am I think, because that's midnight in Sidney. And so on :)

That means NZers and Australians (and VPN users) have to wait approximately 9 hours now, Europeans approximately 17 hours, and Americans approximately 23 hours! Hope I didn't miscalculate but it's +- that :D
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They have done confirmed a rolling midnight release for this EP. To break it down: What they are actually saying is if it's midnight around the release date where you. Then you can start downloading the EP. And it keeps going like that until it's available for the whole world to download. Think of the rolling midnight this way. Think of a line dominoes standing on end. Push one over at one end, and they fall in sequence. Hope that this better explains how the release time of this EP works. NZ will be the first to be able to start downloading this EP. While the West coast of North America, and Hawaii will be among the last to start downloading.
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    Thank you @sunman502 and @SimTrippy!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes finally! Can turn aging back and have my toddler age to child after having my satisfaction of using the kiddie pool! All the waiting and house remodeling will finally pay off! :)
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's so close now! 16 and 1/2 hours until the release here, but I might sleep and play in the morning (if I can from all the excitement). And I still can't decide which season I start with, they all seem so good!
    ShySimz wrote: »
    Thank you @sunman502 and @SimTrippy!
    You're welcome! :)
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    us west coast is at 9 pm Thursday
    bandit5 wrote: »
    I believe they said that that's if you have pre-ordered the EP before hand. All others except VPN people will have to wait until midnight their time in order to start downloading.
    edited June 2018
    sunman502 wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    I believe they said that that's if you have pre-ordered the EP before hand. All others except VPN people will have to wait until midnight their time in order to start downloading.

That's incorrect. If it releases at 12 am EST, then they will indeed have it at 9 pm PST. See post above. That is to limit the rolling release to 5 time zones, instead of every individual variation :)
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is too enormous to read through the whole thing, but does anyone know if you can download it before the release time? Our internet connection is patchy. Sometimes it’s great, but it’s super slow right now. I’m in the UK and as it’s releasing at 11pm, if I only start downloading it then (and with their busy servers slowing things down too I imagine), then I probably won’t be able to start playing tonight. I have three young kids and was hoping to play tonight while they’re in bed, but if I can’t get it in a decent time then I won’t be able to play till they’re in bed tomorrow. It was so much easier to be a sims edit before kids - I remember when Sims 2 released and I played it all night and then slept till the afternoon the next day *sigh*. I have preordered by the way, I don’t know if that makes any difference.
    CAF84 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is too enormous to read through the whole thing, but does anyone know if you can download it before the release time? Our internet connection is patchy. Sometimes it’s great, but it’s super slow right now. I’m in the UK and as it’s releasing at 11pm, if I only start downloading it then (and with their busy servers slowing things down too I imagine), then I probably won’t be able to start playing tonight. I have three young kids and was hoping to play tonight while they’re in bed, but if I can’t get it in a decent time then I won’t be able to play till they’re in bed tomorrow. It was so much easier to be a sims edit before kids - I remember when Sims 2 released and I played it all night and then slept till the afternoon the next day *sigh*. I have preordered by the way, I don’t know if that makes any difference.

Aw that's unfortunate :( but no, no early release. What you can do, however, is use a VPN service so you can download when it's midnight in Australia. Then when in the UK you can download asa 3 pm.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2018
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    its Almost time so made this to celebrate the midnight release 552ed1bcabec48aa9621deb31a44614b.0.jpg

Great job!

Aussies and VPN users... about 6 hours now!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

@Cynel1 looks niiice! #hype
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm so excited!!! As soon as I wake up I'll be setting up the vpn!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Just over 14 hours for me. Only thing is, I just got invited to a job interview tomorrow. I guess it's good since I'm out of work, but the timing is abysmal lol. No staying up til midnight and I will have to wait until around mid-day tomorrow to play :(
  • KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    13 hours to go for me, now i wished i lived in Australia or New Zealand... good thing is that i have that entire day of :).
    Just over 14 hours for me. Only thing is, I just got invited to a job interview tomorrow. I guess it's good since I'm out of work, but the timing is abysmal lol. No staying up til midnight and I will have to wait until around mid-day tomorrow to play :(

Congratulations on the job interview!!! :) It may be unfortunate timing but think of it this way: we need the job to sustain our simming addiction haha :D Hope the interview will go well!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2018
    It really is the "Longest Day" today. Maybe the rollout is an EA/Maxis joke.

The Druids have been out celebrating at Stonehenge. Now why is that not in Seasons! :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Can't wait! Can't wait! Tomorrow is time to play the new expansion pack. Also, tomorrow is my birthday. They timed this release on my birthday... Now I know how special it feels.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited June 2018

Job interview is awesome, and Seasons will be there when you get back. Good luck! :)
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    So I was excited when I found out that it releases at 11 pm cause I thought I could stay up until then, get it downloading and then maybe get up early Friday when my husband went to work and play for a couple of hours before I went to work. Then I realized I had my husband’s schedule incorrect - he’s off tomorrow which means he likely won’t be up that early which means I likely won’t either. He’s been working early shifts for 2 weeks so I assume he’ll take advantage of his day off and sleep in and I will too since I just naturally wake up when he’s up moving around/getting ready - as is the case now haha.

SO I can’t decide what I want to do!! Hubby did volunteer to stay up and download it for me so I COULD, if I wanted to, go to bed early so I could still get up early and play for a couple of hours in the morning. Or I COULD go to bed/take a nap after supper so when it’s finished installing and he comes to bed he can wake me up and I could go play for a bit. Or I COULD exercise patience and just go to bed at my regular time with him, take advantage of him not having to work and sleep in, let him download it while I’m at work and just play when I get home haha. Decisions, decisions!! :lol:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    https://youtu.be/8PrNPhVexE4

Some more kpop summer songs
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    So I was excited when I found out that it releases at 11 pm cause I thought I could stay up until then, get it downloading and then maybe get up early Friday when my husband went to work and play for a couple of hours before I went to work. Then I realized I had my husband’s schedule incorrect - he’s off tomorrow which means he likely won’t be up that early which means I likely won’t either. He’s been working early shifts for 2 weeks so I assume he’ll take advantage of his day off and sleep in and I will too since I just naturally wake up when he’s up moving around/getting ready - as is the case now haha.

SO I can’t decide what I want to do!! Hubby did volunteer to stay up and download it for me so I COULD, if I wanted to, go to bed early so I could still get up early and play for a couple of hours in the morning. Or I COULD go to bed/take a nap after supper so when it’s finished installing and he comes to bed he can wake me up and I could go play for a bit. Or I COULD exercise patience and just go to bed at my regular time with him, take advantage of him not having to work and sleep in, let him download it while I’m at work and just play when I get home haha. Decisions, decisions!! :lol:

I'd say we give your hubby the simming hubby award of the year xD