Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @TresaofPern One thing you can try is, plan the event without the toddler, then click his/her portrait to 'Bring Here.' That's how we would bring them to restaurants pre-Seasons. This workaround isn't as helpful, however, if it's a birthday party for the toddler. You'd have to choose a different sim as the birthday boy/girl.

Oh I have done it that way before. I mentioned sending the toddler to daycare because there wouldn't be any other adult at home once my sim goes to the restaurant.

I see. The game is going to send them to daycare anyway once you leave.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2018
    @IceyJ

Thanks I never thought of the bring here action as I always take them with me-) I have not tried anything with a calendar yet as I have set the summer season to 28 days just to try slowly go figure out whats new but have copied and paste how to do that because I know I will want to in future :)

I just saw @TresaofPern's quote up there does this mean the bring action you suggested won't work after all?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I send my parent sims out to eat alone to have some adult private time. If I wanted to spend time with the kiddies, I'd go to a park where there are things for them to do and places to play with other kids. We can pack lunches and bring them along almost like a family picnic. You could edit the park and add the wagon cooler so kids can get food for themselves, too.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am loving Seasons so far. I haven't experienced the lag in my unmodded or modded saves. I have noticed that my sims are now obsessed with getting water, the cow plant and sleeping in the wrong beds. I know the water thing was an issue before so that's not new but the later two are. A bit annoying but not game breaking because I'm still enjoying it.
    edited June 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @IceyJ

Thanks I never thought of the bring here action as I always take them with me-) I have not tried anything with a calendar yet as I have set the summer season to 28 days just to try slowly go figure out whats new but have copied and paste how to do that because I know I will want to in future :)

I just saw @TresaofPern's quote up there does this mean the bring action you suggested won't work after all?

No, it works. I just tried it myself. I think she just meant that she's done it before.

Now, there is a separate bug that makes it appear that the toddler is still at daycare after you bring them. It can be ignored in this scenario and will eventually fix itself when you travel again.
  • BryanneGamesBryanneGames Posts: 1 New Member
    I am so excited to get this pack! I hope it is as fun as it looks!!! :)
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I made an easter holiday where the flower bunny was supposed to show up, but she never did. A few days later on valentine's day, however, my sims went on a date at the Chez Llama restaurant and flower bunny was the host there.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    Thank @IceyJ

so pleased about that as my particular style of game-play has always been about the family going almost everywhere together in previous series and I wanted to do similar with this series as well -) I am currently testing the few mods I have left to check but I am slightly worried by the fact that I have made a 28 day (i think it is) summer season to test a few new things before I start getting into other seasons and up to now my summer period has consisted of thunderstorms and rain every other day if not actually everyday? There has hardly been a moment where my sims can enjoy summer weather or the barbecue so am also wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as my test family and pets are constantly stressed by the rain and thunderstorms all the time?..
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My sim was out on a date when I spotted this which the game did, not me. No wonder the Flower Bunny skipped my house.

29116167268_253f530f69_h.jpg
  • Aijah2211Aijah2211 Posts: 40 Member
    this is such a wonderful expansion :) I really like it so far!!
    @Dannydanbo

Thanks is so funny lol :)
  • XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    So there is rain, and moodlets when you are wet, but what are the ways to keep your sims dry ?
    There is no rain gear category, and I doubt the raincoats are coded to do that on their own. I don't want all of my sims to have umbrellas.
    Are sims protected from rain in cold outfits ?

Your sim can stay dry by taking an umbrella .. and your sim will take out the umbrella Everytime it rains. And no their unfortunately not.
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2018
    4irq3SF.png
    Two Sims one....body? This is the new glitch I'm getting with Seasons lol. I tell them to read their set skill and they both went outside in the snow and became ONE person! They then stood outside until they were frozen almost to death. It wouldn't let me switch between Sims and wouldn't let me cancel the actions and wouldn't let me reset either!
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
    Thank @IceyJ

so pleased about that as my particular style of game-play has always been about the family going almost everywhere together in previous series and I wanted to do similar with this series as well -) I am currently testing the few mods I have left to check but I am slightly worried by the fact that I have made a 28 day (i think it is) summer season to test a few new things before I start getting into other seasons and up to now my summer period has consisted of thunderstorms and rain every other day if not actually everyday? There has hardly been a moment where my sims can enjoy summer weather or the barbecue so am also wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as my test family and pets are constantly stressed by the rain and thunderstorms all the time?..

It depends on what world you live in. Some will get more rain, others more sunshine or snow. Oasis Springs is probably the driest world you could live in. I've also heard that it rains a lot in Brindleton Bay. I started in the summer too, and even though I had 2-3 straight days of rain, it cleared right up and now the forecast shows a week of only clouds and sun.

If it bothers you too much, buy the 'Storm Chaser' reward trait as soon as you can. It calmed my sim right down. It might even help to have your sims declare that they love rain. It's under the friendly menu when talking to another sim. I don't know if there's anything to help pets, though. Maybe a wellness treat might help? As a last resort, you could move or just disable rain in the Options menu.
    After jumping through many hoops, my toddler finally got his birthday party at McDonald's.
    Y2N7vE8.png
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Seasons is amazing!! It's beautiful and I love the new build/buy/CAS objects! I love, love, love the things added to gardening and the gardening career addition too! Great job!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Crystal03 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue where when you travel, the calendar changes? I had a lottery day and some "?" on the calendar, plus certain weather. When I traveled and checked the calendar, everything was different. We traveled to the park because it was a nice, warm, sunny day- and we got there and it was overcast and cold. Plus, now my random (not already scheduled) holidays changed.

I had an issue where the actual day changed. My sim (who lives in BB) went to the hyjinks festivale on Friday and when it was over and fireworks were going off it hit midnight and should have been Saturday but instead when my sim got home it was Sunday. Never had that happen before and it had nothing to do with the game calendar as I have not yet done anything to the calendar.

I thought that was strange as my sim goes to most of the festivals and never lost a whole day before. My poor sim had to go to work with just 4 hour sleep.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AiChanAiChan Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > AiChan wrote: »
    >
    > ... Anyone else experience a glitch causing sims to just randomly die? :/ One second they were alive; I left the house to add something to another lot (without ever having pressed play), returned... and they were dead. Their urns claim they died by old age... but they weren't even old...
    >
    > I kind of wish I had realized this had happened before I saved. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just a thought, but from other info I've read - Did you have any flower bouquets around? There is an arrangement that causes Sims to age and will kill elders.

Nope. Though, that is kind of concerning... :P Good to know.

The odd thing is that they weren't even elders. They were both adults. o_0

Fortunately, I was actually able to bring them back. I was under the impression there wasn't actually a cheat to do this (and I am way too lazy to go the legitimate routes), but then I stumbled upon a cheat update per Seasons allowing players to revive sims that have frozen or overheated: Traits.remove_trait Ghost_Overheat

Experimentally, I replaced "Overheat" with "Oldage"... and it worked! :D

So... phew. :P
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's currently winter in my game, so l made my triplets some chili. From left to right, meet Leilani, Landon, & London <3
    SGSa1aS.jpg
    edited June 2018
    I'm so in love with Seasons! <3<3
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    It's currently winter in my game, so l made my triplets some chili. From left to right, meet Leilani, Landon, & London <3
    SGSa1aS.jpg

Awww they are adorable. Bet they are a handful though. My few sims that have had babies rarely get multiples - usually just one at a time. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    SGSa1aS.jpg

Awww they are adorable. Bet they are a handful though. My few sims that have had babies rarely get multiples - usually just one at a time. LOL.

Thank You! I'm still wondering how my sim even had triplets lol. She's either always had twins or a single birth, so this is a first. 3 babies at one time is a handful, but l still love my little tots <3:D
  • StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
    Huzzah and tally ho! I loved seasons in S3. And winter is the best season.
    @IceyJ

Thanks for the info on the weather I will make some further observations-) Your Toddler Birthday party looks awesome and yes I can guess how many hoops it took you to get there and get a pic like that :)

@Brexoxo

so cute kudos for managing 3 toddlers lol I just made a family one of every age group plus a cat and dog to test seasons and I am having to cheats needs constantly just to manage them lol :)

edited June 2018
    @IceyJ

Thanks for the info on the weather I will make some further observations-) Your Toddler Birthday party looks awesome and yes I can guess how many hoops it took you to get there and get a pic like that :)

@Brexoxo

so cute kudos for managing 3 toddlers lol I just made a family one of every age group plus a cat and dog to test seasons and I am having to cheats needs constantly just to manage them lol :)

Thanks! I try not to cheat with them because l see it as real life, you can't cheat your babies needs in real life lol. I have a 2 year old nephew who is so hyper. At least with the game, l can take a break if l want, but l can't take a break with my nephew. lf l want a break with my nephew, then l'll send him back to his mom (my sister) lol :D