Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    As much as I will always see 4 as a watered down version of other series even I am excited for this seasons pack because I am sure it will add so much more depth to the game (little off topic but also love the way they did Vampires in 4-) so I just wanted to drop in and say that despite loving other series more than this one I can still get excited about something in 4 :)
  • TeailTeail Posts: 2 New Member
    Finally! I am so excited for all the seasons to make the game more realistic ! :cookie:
  • GenSimGenSim Posts: 14 New Member
    I can't wait! Been wanting this for a loooong time
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Anyone else clock the GLASS ROOF at the beginning?!

Glass roofs will be part of the pre-EP patch if I'm not mistaken :love:

Yes, and there will be different types of glass roofs apparently :)

(edit: there we go, that's better xD couldn't figure out how to post a tweet)
  • simplypashonSimsimplypashonSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Are the sims included in the trailer, in the game?
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    This might be helpful to some of you. I found it entertaining. https://simsvip.com/2018/05/25/the-sims-4-seasons-short-twitter-qa/
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    No picnic basket, no sunbathing, no thick snow.
    Looking back at previous expansions we're getting a lot. But I just can't cope with that snow being just a terrain paint.
    Guys why do you agree with it. Don't you think that game would look much nicer in winter?
    Hopefully we'll get some more interesting info next week

How do you know there's no sunbathing? How do you know there's no thick snow from a short clip in a trailer? :|
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Looking back at previous expansions we're getting a lot. But I just can't cope with that snow being just a terrain paint.
    Guys why do you agree with it. Don't you think that game would look much nicer in winter?

How do you know there's no sunbathing? How do you know there's no thick snow from a short clip in a trailer? :|

Right. We know there will be blizzards, which implies thick snow. Until proven otherwise, I"m going to assume that flat snow was from an early snowfall that hadn't had time to accumulate or had partly melted. Or it could mean Willow Creek just done'st get much snow
    image.png
  • ShaThompShaThomp Posts: 17 Member
    SNOOOOOWWWWW!!!! :D

Right. We know there will be blizzards, which implies thick snow. Until proven otherwise, I"m going to assume that flat snow was from an early snowfall that hadn't had time to accumulate or had partly melted. Or it could mean Willow Creek just done'st get much snow

That's exactly what I think! We haven't seen the blizzards so there could very well be thick snow. That's what I'm going to assume too until we have actual proof.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member

Because sims where building a snowman and creating snow angels.. You can't make it without a thick snow.
    R u being serious? What confirmation do you need?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Anyone else clock the GLASS ROOF at the beginning?!

Glass roofs will be part of the pre-EP patch if I'm not mistaken :love:

Yes, and there will be different types of glass roofs apparently :)

(edit: there we go, that's better xD couldn't figure out how to post a tweet)

yaay :) thx!
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Did you guys notice that the outdoor holiday lights actually twinkle :o
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member

Because sims where building a snowman and creating snow angels.. You can't make it without a thick snow.

I live in the UK where snow never has any depth to it, I've still created snow angels and snowmen. As long as you have snow, you can still play in it. Also this is a computer game, I would rather they can still do activities in all levels of snow.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Are the sims included in the trailer, in the game?

Probably not, because there's no new world they'd be housed in. But they often upload the marketing Sims to the Gallery.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

You could do that in sims 3 without heavy snow. Are you being serious?
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

Nope, in Sims 3 you can't actually. If the snow isn't deep enough the game won't let you make snow angels and stuff.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I haven't seen the forums this active since Vampires were announced!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just watched the trailer again to get the squee's and good feels. Love watching the colors on the trees change and the leaves falling off. Man this is gonna be so fun.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited May 2018

Nope, in Sims 3 you can't actually. If the snow isn't deep enough the game won't let you make snow angels and stuff.

Well I've never noticed that, I was just playing the sims 3 the other day and my sim made a snow angel when it hadn't been snowing long. :s

Tbh I was just annoyed at that person for being so rude.
  • TamBell93TamBell93 Posts: 17 Member
    Can't wait!!!
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member

Well I've never noticed that, I was just playing the sims 3 the other day and my sim made a snow angel when it hadn't been snowing long. :s

Tbh I was just annoyed at that person for being so rude.

Sorry if I upset you, never meant that.
    It's just I really can't deal with the snow being like this. It takes away all this winter feeling
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Knowing there's no new world now is a bit disappointing cause there's no beaches in the game....pack still looks pretty good so far but beaches will be missed for the summer qq
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    With seasons I'll have all my favourite elements of Sims 2 (and 3 with the adventures GP). Looking forward to it!
  • maggiecarlinmaggiecarlin Posts: 1 New Member
    Can't wait! June 22 can't come soon enough!