Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Do we know if holidays off work are paid or not?
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,092 Member
    You're welcome @BabySquare :)! I'm glad I could help B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I really want to know if we can schedule events that are not parties.

For example, I don't let my sims age, but I still want to mark their birthdays by having them go out to a restaurant to celebrate.
    Does anyone know if this sort of thing can be scheduled on the planner?

Yes, just schedule any event at a restaurant on their birthday. Birthdays will already be marked on the calendar. They won't age unless you use the cake.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    mariah6194 wrote: »

I went looking for that tweet.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

They mentioned something about it on the livestream how for example you could create a kid's birthday party as an event in the morning, and then have another birthday party in the evening with the family where the actual aging up took place. So basically you could just celebrate a birthday without aging them up in it :-)

Thanks, I'll have to go watch the stream again. :) I know there's a lot I missed/forgot.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    LiELF wrote: »
    @BabySquare I suppose, as far as birthdays go, you could also schedule one day per season as a "birthday holiday" so that whenever you want a Sim to celebrate a birthday, just make the event on that holiday. You can set gift giving and any other traditions that you want for those days. This would work well for rotational players (like myself) who like to play with aging off but still mark an age transition in a Sim's life. Having one birthday holiday in each season would allow the freedom to choose what time of year you want each Sim to age up. So, say, if you have a household where you want to celebrate a child's birthday in the Spring, you just wait for that "holiday" to approach, and arrange the event on that day. This also allows to customize the birthday traditions to fit the seasons. A winter birthday for a teen might involve gifts/presents, remembrance, and party spirit, but then the group goes out for activities like ice skating, hot chocolate and snowball fights.

I do feel like once we get used to using the calendar for custom holidays, we'll really be able to make our games suit our individual play styles. I plan to have some kind of spooky or dark themed holiday in every season because the variety of each weather ambience will add new flavor for every one and make them all seem very different. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing what traditions have been added to individual packs. I'm hoping for some kind of plasma drinking holiday for my Vampires. >:)<3

Thank you :) there's some really cool ideas here; I love the idea of going for hot chocolate on a winter birthday.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @BabySquare I suppose, as far as birthdays go, you could also schedule one day per season as a "birthday holiday" so that whenever you want a Sim to celebrate a birthday, just make the event on that holiday. You can set gift giving and any other traditions that you want for those days. This would work well for rotational players (like myself) who like to play with aging off but still mark an age transition in a Sim's life. Having one birthday holiday in each season would allow the freedom to choose what time of year you want each Sim to age up. So, say, if you have a household where you want to celebrate a child's birthday in the Spring, you just wait for that "holiday" to approach, and arrange the event on that day. This also allows to customize the birthday traditions to fit the seasons. A winter birthday for a teen might involve gifts/presents, remembrance, and party spirit, but then the group goes out for activities like ice skating, hot chocolate and snowball fights.

I do feel like once we get used to using the calendar for custom holidays, we'll really be able to make our games suit our individual play styles. I plan to have some kind of spooky or dark themed holiday in every season because the variety of each weather ambience will add new flavor for every one and make them all seem very different. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing what traditions have been added to individual packs. I'm hoping for some kind of plasma drinking holiday for my Vampires. >:)<3

I'm stealing all these ideas!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Pack launch time info:

It's a rolling midnight release. If you live in UK, it'll be available at:
    Fri, 22-Jun-18 at 00:00 CET
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    There is also this ... xD
    lexus20 wrote: »
    So it is releasing at midnight after all! :D

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.

SimTrippy wrote: »
    There is also this ... xD
    lexus20 wrote: »
    So it is releasing at midnight after all! :D

Sounds like it if you're in Australia, New Zealand etc (sorry, not sure what time zone New Zealand's in)

All I know, is 7am PDT is 3pm in the UK, and 10am PDT is 6pm in the UK, so the UK should have it by 6pm.

Jinx :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yeah their communication around this has definitely seen better times xD But IF we are getting it at midnight ... someone won't have her most productive day yet at work this Friday :naughty:
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @SimTrippy I’ll be so happy if it’s midnight I might cry lol
    edited June 2018

I would cry too if it weren't too busy preventing my brain from melting while trying to pick a starting season.

"Winter. Fall. No winter. Definitely fall. Let's go with winter. Yes, winter. Or ... fall????"
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member

I would cry too if it weren't too busy preventing my brain from melting while trying to pick a starting season.

"Winter. Fall. No winter. Definitely fall. Let's go with winter. Yes, winter. Or ... fall????"
    Lol I’m having a similar problem my solution is to have one save fore each season lol

Lol I’m having a similar problem my solution is to have one save fore each season lol

I was considering that too. But I'm almost sure I'll go with winter. Or fall. But probably winter. xD
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I'm glad I have multiple saves to get to so I can just pick all of them :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited June 2018

I was considering that too. But I'm almost sure I'll go with winter. Or fall. But probably winter. xD

Have you tried flipping a coin or rolling a dice? maybe write the seasons on cards and pull one out of a hat?
    Failing that, maybe sleep on it then go with your gut instinct.
    edited June 2018

Have you tried flipping a coin or rolling a dice? maybe write the seasons on cards and pull one out of a hat?
    Failing that, maybe sleep on it then go with your gut instinct.

Sleep. As if I'd be getting any sleep until release ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    It's so hard to decide! But I think I'm going with Spring. I just really really want to see the thunderstorms and I feel like it will be a change of atmosphere but still subtle enough to just enjoy the transitions as they escalate to the winter. My biggest decision now is how long I want my seasons to last. I know that I want to take one of my main households around the world for a "year" to experience the changing climate in all regions. I guess I should just start with 1 week seasons and then when I'm done with that I'll know better what I want to do from there.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Gardening changes question: Do we know yet if growth time will be affected for plants? I'm setting up and splicing more plants and wondering if I should hold off.
    Also someone asked earlier if the holiday work day off was paid. Are there more ways to cheat the system??
    egTcBMc.png
  • characterfan193characterfan193 Posts: 13 New Member
    Game Changer emails have gone out: (too few posts to link SimGuruKate on twitter)

Videos are up on Youtube now for those that went to EA Play
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yeah, midnight! Happy dance. :)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Confirmed by James from the Sim Supply that you can even jar up bee's and put them in your inventory and even set the bee's onto others as a possible mischeif/mean interaction. BEEEEEEESSSSSSS, Mwahaha.
    5vJrxmT.png
    More time zone clarification! Honestly, maybe best to just check your Origin a few times :D

edited June 2018
    Thought I'd put this here (still not all traditions though)
    G32Eaeo.png
    me7yiVd.png
    68rUUuZ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top