March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My name is & 5 facts about you.

Comments

• AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Heyo, name’s Gray.

1. I live in the US, but I’ve traveled a lot and now am fluent in 6 (almost 7) languages.
    2. I love to draw. I went to art school and almost took graphic design as my major, but I ended up in psychology and I now work as a PI (private investigator).
    3. I love and am fascinated by all animals, bugs, reptiles, etc and have had a lot of pets.
    4. I’m an INTJ and a Slytherin.
    5. I’m very particular about how I look. I have 4 piercings all around my left ear, 1 on my right earlobe and 1 septum piercing. My bangs are colored teal, while the rest isn’t colored. I also have a lot of tattoos. A rose and tree tattoo on my left sleeve, a wolf and spirits tattoo on my right, and a phoenix tattoo covering my entire back. I also like to wear a ton of rings and bracelets. Of course, I can’t wear all of these when working.
  • AUtschigAUtschig Posts: 79 Member
    edited May 2018
    My name is Alexandra.
    1. I have been married almost 10 years (anniversary in August).
    2. I have one daughter and 3 cats.
    3. I am a Gryffindor (or Gryffinpuff if I'm being super accurate).
    4. I am working on my MSW (master's in social work, macro concentration).
    5. My hobbies include knitting & crochet, reading, diamond painting, and playing Sims!
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Hey Simmers!

My name is Sarah
    1.) I'm from the tiny island of Guam (probably explains my obsession with all island themed/styled objects in the Sims).
    2.) I dance Tahitian and Hula as well as play the ukulele.
    3.) I have a 5 year old Pomeranian named Koda (after the little bear from Disney's Brother Bear)
    4.) I love arts & crafts, although I never seem to finish projects :lol:
    5.) I'm shy and socially awkward--but I'm also the complete opposite when I'm with people I'm comfortable around.
    guam.jpg
    Home sweet home -- Guam :heart:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited May 2018
    this is an awesome thread to get to know the users! :)

My Name is Jessica

1.) I have 2 Ponys
    2.) I speak 5 (6) languages
    3.) Can't live without music
    4.) I'm Swiss
    5.) I love to read and to write
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Hello!

I’m Bubbz.

1. I can touch my tounge to my nose, this is called Gorlin’s sign. Only 10% of people can do this.
    2. I’m an avid Fortnite and Sims player.
    3. My favourite color is green.
    4. Up until I began singing lessons, I was an untrained alto who is currently transitioning into the soprano range.
    5. I like CC shopping
    Oh hamburgers!
  • PinkabluPinkablu Posts: 18 Member
    @wavves

I would have replied sooner but I was waiting for that sweet, sweet membership to kick in B)

But yeah that's so cool! I'd LOVE to go into TV or directing. My gf is a movie buff, so she got me into it all too and ever since I've entertained the idea of going into that industry. I love coming up with stories, but I don't know if I want them to be written, drawn or filmed if I ever felt ready to get it out there xD
  • postlamppostlamp Posts: 5 New Member
    My name is Abby:
    1. I have a cat and dog.
    2. I have created about a billion sims families with almost exact duplicates of my pets.
    3. I'm weird enough to be a Hufflepuff.
    4. My dog is called Zuko (after the villain in Avatar, the cartoon).
    5. As you may be able to tell, I'm completely obsessed with animals.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    23kels89 wrote: »
    Hey Simmers!

My name is Sarah
    1.) I'm from the tiny island of Guam (probably explains my obsession with all island themed/styled objects in the Sims).
    2.) I dance Tahitian and Hula as well as play the ukulele.
    3.) I have a 5 year old Pomeranian named Koda (after the little bear from Disney's Brother Bear)
    4.) I love arts & crafts, although I never seem to finish projects :lol:
    5.) I'm shy and socially awkward--but I'm also the complete opposite when I'm with people I'm comfortable around.
    guam.jpg
    Home sweet home -- Guam :heart:

I love the fact your dogs name is Koda! > brother bear is such an underrated movie!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    edited May 2018
    Astreon wrote: »
    Heyo, name’s Gray.

1. I live in the US, but I’ve traveled a lot and now am fluent in 6 (almost 7) languages.
    2. I love to draw. I went to art school and almost took graphic design as my major, but I ended up in psychology and I now work as a PI (private investigator).
    3. I love and am fascinated by all animals, bugs, reptiles, etc and have had a lot of pets.
    5. I’m very particular about how I look. I have 4 piercings all around my left ear, 1 on my right earlobe and 1 septum piercing. My bangs are colored teal, while the rest isn’t colored. I also have a lot of tattoos. A rose and tree tattoo on my left sleeve, a wolf and spirits tattoo on my right, and a phoenix tattoo covering my entire back. I also like to wear a ton of rings and bracelets. Of course, I can’t wear all of these when working.

Well you sound awesome and from what you've described I love the look! > I too am pretty covered in ink and have my hair a particular way (trying to change it up but only time will tell) I have the left side of my head shaved with my head tattoo on show, icy blue/blonde "mermaid" hair. 2 full sleeves down to my fingers, my chest done, most of my right leg and a fair amount of coverage on my left (again down to my feet) even one on the bottom of my right foot and a giant 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mermaid on my back (not finished>about 5 hours left to go)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

That's amazing. You should be so proud of yourself for trying to build yourself back and doing it for you! It may take time but time is the best healer and you will be so proud of yourself when you come out the other side. Baby steps is the beginning, they say it takes 3 gets to break or get into a habit.

You've got this and I believe in you!

Thank you, that is so sweet of you to say <3

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    This thread is a really good idea :smile:

My name is Linzi.

1) I live in England.
    2) I love animals.
    3) I have a qualification in Japanese which I have never needed :lol:
    4) I play loads of games including GTA, assassins creed, The last of us, although sims will always be my favourite as been playing it since I was 13 and used to love taking the steps away from them when they went swimming :lol:
    5) I’m also a Hufflepuff.

I love that I'm finding some fello UK simmers!! And Hufflepuffs all the way! > how come you learnt Japanese?

That's 3 Hufflepuff now I think ! (I am)
    By the way - Hufflepuff here

Hufflepuffs all the way!

Oh well, 4 then !
    postlamp wrote: »
    My name is Abby:
    1. I have a cat and dog.
    2. I have created about a billion sims families with almost exact duplicates of my pets.
    3. I'm weird enough to be a Hufflepuff.
    4. My dog is called Zuko (after the villain in Avatar, the cartoon).
    5. As you may be able to tell, I'm completely obsessed with animals.

5 :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

Hufflepuff love <3

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Heyo, name’s Gray.

Well you sound awesome and from what you've described I love the look! > I too am pretty covered in ink and have my hair a particular way (trying to change it up but only time will tell) I have the left side of my head shaved with my head tattoo on show, icy blue/blonde "mermaid" hair. 2 full sleeves down to my fingers, my chest done, most of my right leg and a fair amount of coverage on my left (again down to my feet) even one on the bottom of my right foot and a giant plum mermaid on my back (not finished>about 5 hours left to go)

Thanks! Your look sounds awesome too. I especially love blue hair since it’s so nice to look at, and yea wow definitely sounds like a lot of tattoos :)
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hi.
    My name is Lyric.

1) Pretty much everyone who knows me here knows this already, but I love to draw and animate. I draw pretty much everyday. Though, i'm kind of a slow animator. I have too many WIPs that aren't even close to being finished. :sweat_smile:
    2) I am in a ton of fandoms and I have a ton of original characters.
    3) I am in the LGBT community (I'm Bi) and so are the majority of my original characters. I also have a lot of same-sex ships. So many i can only name 2 opposite-sex ships i like. XD
    4) I also love writing. Though I haven't had the motivation to write lately.
    5) One of my favorite games besides Sims is Tomodachi life.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Heyo, name’s Gray.

Well you sound awesome and from what you've described I love the look! > I too am pretty covered in ink and have my hair a particular way (trying to change it up but only time will tell) I have the left side of my head shaved with my head tattoo on show, icy blue/blonde "mermaid" hair. 2 full sleeves down to my fingers, my chest done, most of my right leg and a fair amount of coverage on my left (again down to my feet) even one on the bottom of my right foot and a giant plum mermaid on my back (not finished>about 5 hours left to go)

Thanks! Your look sounds awesome too. I especially love blue hair since it’s so nice to look at, and yea wow definitely sounds like a lot of tattoos :)

What is it that you do for work?

I was thinking about bleaching it again to make it all the same "white" blonde... but I kinda re fell in love with it yesterday so I might leave it for a bit (plus my new septum bar matches and it's quite satisfying) - I do need a hair cut though so I can grow my shaved side out easier and not lose the motivation to do so :smiley:

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    My name is Mitchell Marie Banjo
    1 My favorite animal is the elephant because they are people. My second favorite is all the other ones.
    2 My favorite colors are green and blue, also lime, orange, yellow, turquoise, pink and certain shades of beige.
    3 I had no idea there were so many wizards on this forum. I myself am a muggle.
    4 I really really like cheeseburgers.
    5 I play the Sims.
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    @Nomiko13 It's cool to have a rare personality type, indeed. xD I haven't seen anyone with INTP here, actually. I think that the conversational part of learning a language is one of the hardest, at least to most of the people. I still feel like my pronunciation in English isn't that good yet, though I don't have a lot of opportunities to practice it anyway.

And I find it really cool you're learning Spanish from both Spain and Mexico. I guess the most noticeable difference is the "vosotros" conjugation, and probably the "z" pronunciation too. And your motivation to learn Spanish is just awesome! How noble. I'm pretty sure you're gonna be a really great doctor.

I don't know much about Italian pronunciation, though I find Italian language quite... attractive, lol. I do want to learn Italian, but later on (I'm really interested in Russian and German, so probably gonna try those two before Italian). And yeah, in Spanish you have to pronounce almost everything as is written, and I guess it is very different with Italian. Good luck with this language!

Yeah, it can be confusing, the grammatical structure is really different from that of English and Spanish, at least what I know from Japanese. t is quite a challenge, and I too left it but because I did not have any time left with all the university workload. Kanji can be a little overwhelming. xD There are too many kanji!
    gGelhII.png
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    *I left Japanese until know. (?) Only took a break until vacations, and good thing I'm free from school again. More Sims and Japanese for me! xD
    gGelhII.png
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    My name is Laurence

1. I'm Filipino
    2. I fear needles
    3. I like P!ATD
    4. I'm a sadist
    5. I'm trans

How does it feel to be trans? I know someone at my school who is transgender. He's Vietnamese, I think.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    My name is Laurence

1. I'm Filipino
    2. I fear needles
    3. I like P!ATD
    4. I'm a sadist
    5. I'm trans

How does it feel to be trans? I know someone at my school who is transgender. He's Vietnamese, I think.

You get dysphoria...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    My name is Laurence

1. I'm Filipino
    2. I fear needles
    3. I like P!ATD
    4. I'm a sadist
    5. I'm trans

You get dysphoria...

Hi @Shadyboop

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this deep and dark feeling.

I must be honest and say that I truly don't understand transgender. Having said that, I do have a firm belief that we are all born the way we are. I have a dear friend, we've been friends almost 30 years, he is gay and helped educate me to the fact that we are born how we are born.

I may not understand transgender but my dear @Shadyboop You have my support.

I sincerely apologize if I have over stepped any boundaries or if I have offended you in any way. <3
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    My name is James.

1. My goal in life is to be the first crossover episode of "Hoarders" and "Intervention," go to rehab and become an extreme couponer, gain weight because I bought too much food with all the money I saved couponing, be on "My 600-lb Life," get re-addicted to drugs trying to lose weight, go back on "Intervention," go to rehab, get out and be a fitness nut, win "The Biggest Loser," and use the prize money to buy stuff to hoard and start all over again.
    2. When I die someday I don't want to be buried or cremated, I want someone to throw my body in the woods so coyotes and stuff can eat it.
    3. I'm as dumb as a brick
    4. I play Minecraft and Victoria 2
    5. I don't know what else. Tonight I'm going to get plastered out of my mind on 80-proof vodka, can't wait for that.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    My name is James.

1. My goal in life is to be the first crossover episode of "Hoarders" and "Intervention," go to rehab and become an extreme couponer, gain weight because I bought too much food with all the money I saved couponing, be on "My 600-lb Life," get re-addicted to drugs trying to lose weight, go back on "Intervention," go to rehab, get out and be a fitness nut, win "The Biggest Loser," and use the prize money to buy stuff to hoard and start all over again.
    2. When I die someday I don't want to be buried or cremated, I want someone to throw my body in the woods so coyotes and stuff can eat it.
    3. I'm as dumb as a brick
    4. I play Minecraft and Victoria 2
    5. I don't know what else. Tonight I'm going to get plastered out of my mind on 80-proof vodka, can't wait for that.

You have the same name as my best friend
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    Hi! I'm Ashlee!

1. English is my native language, but I taught myself French, and now I'm fluent and have a Bachelor's degree in French.
    2. I've lived in seven American states and Montréal, Québec in Canada.
    3. I've been playing The Sims since before the first game was released, when they had a building demo.
    4. I'm a huge Harry Potter maniac, and I'm a Hufflepuff!
    5. I have four guinea pigs: Eleanor Pigby, Lucy Diamond, Marigold Lily, and Elvira Bellatrix!
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    My name is Pam
    1. I have 1 cat, 2 Shih Tzus, and a Cairn Terrier
    2. I am a coffee-a-holic
    3. My favorite flowers are Daisies & Sunflower
    4. I am a cancer survivor
    5. I have 1 child, a son, he's 24 and is the one who really introduced me to The Sims.