March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My name is & 5 facts about you.

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My name is hermitgirl of course

-I'm a nurse and took care of my parents until they passed, it was rough
    -Mother of two young adults and we get along great
    -I have generalized anxiety disorder and try hard to stay positive and mindful
    -I love sci-fi and (good) horror through any media, and I love playing games
    -I'm an INTJ... just took the test after like 20 years, things don't change much
    egTcBMc.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    My name is Acacia

1. My name is of Greek origin and can mean 'everlasting' and is a type of tree found in Africa
    2. I'm from New Zealand
    3. If I remember correctly, I have the INTJ personality type (The Architect)
    4. I aspire to be a biologist
    5. I love to draw and can often be found sketching on any scrap paper I can find
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    My name is Acacia

1. My name is of Greek origin and can mean 'everlasting' and is a type of tree found in Africa
    2. I'm from New Zealand
    3. If I remember correctly, I have the INTJ personality type (The Architect)
    4. I aspire to be a biologist
    5. I love to draw and can often be found sketching on any scrap paper I can find

I love to draw too!
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • PrincessBride89PrincessBride89 Posts: 2 New Member
    My name is Becca :smile:

1. My favorite color is aqua or turquoise.
    2.I LOVE the ocean
    3. I love all animals, but dogs hold a special place for me.
    4. I love black and white movies from the 60's (especially those with Vincent Price)
    5. I speak Spanish and English :blush:
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi my name is Charlie!
    1. I’m British but my American friends always tease me about biting fingers which gets really annoying.
    2. I love to sew, draw, take photos, and write.
    3. I have a retired service dog named Lilly.
    4. The show good girls is my life.
    5. I’m still in high school sadly.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • TwinsmamaTwinsmama Posts: 76 Member
    My name is Rhonda
    1. I have 3 children all boys, 2 are 21 and 1 is almost 6, one of my 21 yr olds has cerebral palsy
    2. I have osteoarthritis
    3. I have anxiety and depression problems
    4. I like to laugh...so I laugh a lot
    5. I have played The Sims since the Sims 1 and love them all
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    My name is Renna

1. I love writing fiction
    2. I'm Indonesian
    3. I'm an anime enthusiast
    4. I follow cats' accounts on Facebook and Instagram
    5. I get nervous/tense easily
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • BuzzLightyearBuzzLightyear Posts: 1,029 Member
    This thread is a really good idea :smile:

My name is Linzi.

1) I live in England.
    2) I love animals.
    3) I have a qualification in Japanese which I have never needed :lol:
    4) I play loads of games including GTA, assassins creed, The last of us, although sims will always be my favourite as been playing it since I was 13 and used to love taking the steps away from them when they went swimming :lol:
    5) I’m also a Hufflepuff.
  • PinkabluPinkablu Posts: 18 Member
    I'm Emily!

1.) I'm a digital artist, though I don't draw as much as I should ;A;

2.) I have the weirdest little dog named Sweetie. She's part chihuahua and part Chinese crested--or at least we think she is. She was given to the shelter when I adopted her as a puppy. She has hair on the top of her body but she's naked underneath. I joke that she's a little werewolf because the fur pattern reminds me of that, and she also went into the shelter on a full moon (yeah, I actually looked it up...)

3.) I'm in school to hopefully become a social worker of some kind, but it's early and plans could always change ;) (I really do want to help others though, having gone through extensive therapy myself)

4.) I tend to wear the same things (I hate clothes shopping because I hate trying on clothes). Namely the same jacket, hat and sunglasses. I wear the shades because eye contact is tough for me and they help lessen that anxiety. Plus, summer time is really bright. Especially against concrete.

5.) Well this is an obvious one. My favorite colors are pink and blue, but I also adore pink with brown. Just fills me with a sense of happiness. Makes me think of cupcakes.
    @wavves

You said you graduated with a degree in cinema?? Are you hoping to become a director or something along those lines? I'm curious because I'm hoping to one day attend school for cinema, but of course that's expensive and it's just a dream right now xD
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited May 2018
    Pinkablu wrote: »
    @wavves

You said you graduated with a degree in cinema?? Are you hoping to become a director or something along those lines? I'm curious because I'm hoping to one day attend school for cinema, but of course that's expensive and it's just a dream right now xD

@wavves

( @Pinkablu Because you're a new member you can't tag people, so I did it for you :smiley: I also gave you an awesome to help you on your way to full membership!)
    Omg thank you! Haha, I keep reading what I can/can't do then forget as I reference other posts for my own xD

Thank you so much for the point, I gave you one back <333
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Omg thank you! Haha, I keep reading what I can/can't do then forget as I reference other posts for my own xD

Thank you so much for the point, I gave you one back <333

That's ok :)
  • BlackStarSagaBlackStarSaga Posts: 27 Member
    My name is Roxanne. And yes, I know and heard the song Roxanne xD Many times!

1. I got a Scottish Fold kitty on my last birthday and his name is Nugget c:
    2. I've played Volleyball and Badminton for over 8 years and got alot of awards but I loved playing more than anything!
    3. My favourite color is purple
    4. I live in Canadia (Yes we live in igloos)
    5. I LOVE horror movies! (If anyone has any good suggestions please let me know!)
    tenor.gif?itemid=4762014
  • wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    @wavves

i'm not really sure what i want to do, i've had a few internships in different fields in tv/film which have been amazing! maybe something in post production. obviously being a director would be awesome, but i'm not sure i'm fit to be one haha @Pinkablu
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    My name is Nia

1. I am an incoming Senior majoring in Environmental Design (Architecture) in Colorado and I'm pretty sure it's because I love building in The Sims
    2. I'm a huge sci-fi nerd
    3. I absolutely love the rain
    4. I want to start a youtube channel this summer
    5. I was born in Turkey
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    This thread is a really good idea :smile:

My name is Linzi.

1) I live in England.
    2) I love animals.
    3) I have a qualification in Japanese which I have never needed :lol:
    4) I play loads of games including GTA, assassins creed, The last of us, although sims will always be my favourite as been playing it since I was 13 and used to love taking the steps away from them when they went swimming :lol:
    5) I’m also a Hufflepuff.

I love that I'm finding some fello UK simmers!! And Hufflepuffs all the way! > how come you learnt Japanese?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    I'm Emily!

1.) I'm a digital artist, though I don't draw as much as I should ;A;

2.) I have the weirdest little dog named Sweetie. She's part chihuahua and part Chinese crested--or at least we think she is. She was given to the shelter when I adopted her as a puppy. She has hair on the top of her body but she's naked underneath. I joke that she's a little werewolf because the fur pattern reminds me of that, and she also went into the shelter on a full moon (yeah, I actually looked it up...)

3.) I'm in school to hopefully become a social worker of some kind, but it's early and plans could always change ;) (I really do want to help others though, having gone through extensive therapy myself)

4.) I tend to wear the same things (I hate clothes shopping because I hate trying on clothes). Namely the same jacket, hat and sunglasses. I wear the shades because eye contact is tough for me and they help lessen that anxiety. Plus, summer time is really bright. Especially against concrete.

5.) Well this is an obvious one. My favorite colors are pink and blue, but I also adore pink with brown. Just fills me with a sense of happiness. Makes me think of cupcakes.

Social work is the field I'd love to end up in, I was a youth worker for a summer (I got let go because of funding - I was a youth worker in a better area (they can pay for mistakes to go away) so don't think their kids need as much help and services) I loved it. I've been through the ringer myself and had a difficult few years in my most influential years, since then I've wanted to help others that might be in my situation and not known who I can talk to or just where I can escape for a bit.

"wahoo" - aquaman
    lotary wrote: »
    My name is Renna

1. I love writing fiction
    2. I'm Indonesian
    3. I'm an anime enthusiast
    4. I follow cats' accounts on Facebook and Instagram
    5. I get nervous/tense easily

I too follow too many animal accounts on facebook, probably more than my friends or actual people. They're just too cute!

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Hi my name is Charlie!
    1. I’m British but my American friends always tease me about biting fingers which gets really annoying.
    2. I love to sew, draw, take photos, and write.
    3. I have a retired service dog named Lilly.
    4. The show good girls is my life.
    5. I’m still in high school sadly.

I bite my fingers too, more so when I'm nervous or really don't know what to do with my hands. What breed is Lilly?

"wahoo" - aquaman
    texxlady wrote: »
    My name is Pamela.
    1. I live in Texas and yes I hate snow.
    2. I'm an old simmer having played since the original Sims.
    3. While it wasn't always so I now have issues with agoraphobia and social anxiety.
    4. Which is why it's kind of surprising that I started a YouTube channel recently to try and come out of my shell more.
    5. I've been happily married for almost thirty-five years.

Me and my boyfriend did this and it helped so much, it also made us go out and do more stuff together because we could film it and edit it all together. It's amazing what a camera can do to a person. I love a bit of snapchat for that reason.

"wahoo" - aquaman
    @PastelMermaid My name is Jessica too! :p

1. My favorite color is Mint green
    2. I've met Chris Hemsworth
    3. I am a huge nerd
    4. Sims is my life
    5. I was homeschooled

woah woah woah, you met Chris Hemsworth? tell me everything! - he is definitely one of my favourite avengers! > bootiful and too funny.

Jessica's need to stick together :wink:

Sims is literally all I think about when my mind drifts off - what will they do, what's next for them - I have written out what I have done so far and made a small story following (sad I know)

"wahoo" - aquaman
    By the way - Hufflepuff here

Hufflepuffs all the way!

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Cloudiiii wrote: »
    HiYa! My name is Kitty ...
    - I live in Australia
    - My hobbies are painting, Caligraphy and creative writing
    - I'm in year 9 (.... I think that's a freshman in the USA but I don't really know!)
    - I tell alot of really.... REALLY bad jokes
    - And I have a bit of addiction to Unicorns.... Oops!

Unicorns and mermaids are life. I have so much unicorn stuff you could call it a mini shrine > it's bad but I love it and because I'm easy to shop for I have so muuuuuch

"wahoo" - aquaman
    mcrudd wrote: »

I've only been able to run a 5K but that's amazing, you should be so proud of yourself

Thank you, I did 10k everyday for preparation it was hard work and I loved running, but when my brother went missing I had an emotional breakdown and started comfort eating and are too heavy to run now, I would injure myself trying to run with this weight, I am trying my best to work through it so I can start losing weight and running again, it makes life so much more happier doing something you love <3

That's amazing. You should be so proud of yourself for trying to build yourself back and doing it for you! It may take time but time is the best healer and you will be so proud of yourself when you come out the other side. Baby steps is the beginning, they say it takes 3 gets to break or get into a habit.

You've got this and I believe in you!

"wahoo" - aquaman