Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build the House Challenge

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
This is a challenge to take just the rooms on the lot and build a one story house. You can add hallways, porches, will need a roof etc.

The name of the lot is the same as the title of this thread. It is under my name as it is here in these forums.

The challenge is to build the house and re-upload it to the gallery and post pics of it here.

Here are some screen shots of what's there:

hcRBBeF.png

b8epxii.png
Post edited by catmando830 on

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love the idea! What hashtag should we use?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I love the idea! What hashtag should we use?

Build the House Challenge is the name of the lot, you could just use my forum name, same in gallery, to find it.
    This is what I've done so far. A lot of wasted space.

UGz6kDW.png

SAKPaC6.png
    I fixed some of the wasted space. Someone please do this challenge with me, or at least comment on what you think of what I've done. Thanks

4ei5MyS.png

RGpYfa7.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your home looks very nice! :) It looks great how you have placed the rooms together! The layout design looks very nice and makes good use of space. The added curved porch is a nice touch in the build.
    Please someone try this and post pics.
    Has anyone started on this challenge yet?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've thought about trying this, I love building challenges! But I have a few questions:

1. Which packs are used in these rooms? I don't have all the packs and some things would probably disappear. If that happens, can I replace the missing objects with other things? Or is this only for those who have all the packs that you currently own?
    2. Do we have to upload the finished product? Or can we just post screenshots here? I don't go on the gallery much, mostly play in offline mode because the gallery lags my computer/game to the point it's almost unplayable. :( If I do download anything, which is rare, I use the online gallery.
    3. Can we decorate the hallways, porches, etc. that are added to the build? Or should they be left empty?
    4. Can we add landscaping and/or objects to the lot?
    5. Lastly, in relation to #2, could you perhaps give us a list of the rooms you used? That way I could just find them in my game and go from there rather than having to use the gallery at all.

Thanks, I really like this challenge, it's a great idea and I LOVE your Tiny House Challenge since those are the kinds of builds I enjoy creating the most. :)

EDIT: Just thought of one more question. Can we change the color of the objects, wallpaper, flooring in the rooms?

Nevermind... :(
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    I'm gonna give this a go!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Okay, I've scrutinized the images you provided of the rooms and unfortunately, I can tell right now that this challenge won't work for me because I don't have all the packs you do. I don't have; Cats & Dogs, Parenthood or Jungle Adventure. The only rooms with objects that wouldn't almost completely disappear or morph into other stuff is the Laundry Day room, the room with the hot tub and I think the bathroom. Oh well...

For those who do try this challenge, good luck and have fun! :)
    edited June 2018
    So this challenge was indeed exactly that - a challenge! - however, I think I managed to pull together a pretty nice home without having to change/update/add too much...

E50frtJ.png

1P0D25L.png

OEnGrC8.png

I felt compelled to update a few of the windows, so that they matched a bit better from the outside. I added a door to the living room and dining room so that the family has better access to the master suite. I also added a window to the kitchen, laundry room, and secondary bedroom to add some visual interest from the outside. As you can see, I did a little landscaping too. The family now has a few extra spots to rest, relax, do yoga, grill, and dine outdoors.

Hope ya like it!

Cheers,
    Ro
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
    So this challenge was indeed exactly that - a challenge! - however, I think I managed to pull together a pretty nice home without having to change/update/add too much...

E50frtJ.png

1P0D25L.png

OEnGrC8.png

I felt compelled to update a few of the windows, so that they matched a bit better from the outside. I added a door to the living room and dining room so that the family has better access to the master suite. I also added a window to the kitchen, laundry room, and secondary bedroom to add some visual interest from the outside. As you can see, I did a little landscaping too. The family now has a few extra spots to rest, relax, do yoga, grill, and dine outdoors.

Hope ya like it!

Cheers,
    Ro

That is awesome - how do I find it on the gallery
    Oops. Sorry. You should be able to find it HERE.
    So anyone else do this challenge yet?
  • AVewwySmolPotatoAVewwySmolPotato Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm going to try this! I kinda suck at making houses, but I'll try my best to contribute!
    Ah, just realized I don't have all the packs. I'll try to replace some of them, but I'm not sure that's allowed? Sorry if this breaks the challenge.
    Ah, just realized I don't have all the packs. I'll try to replace some of them, but I'm not sure that's allowed? Sorry if this breaks the challenge.

No, replace what you don't have, it's okay.
    It's pretty difficult to replace everything without stylising everything, do you think you could make a base game version?
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    This is a challenge to take just the rooms on the lot and build a one story house. You can add hallways, porches, will need a roof etc.

The name of the lot is the same as the title of this thread. It is under my name as it is here in these forums.

The challenge is to build the house and re-upload it to the gallery and post pics of it here.

Here are some screen shots of what's there:

hcRBBeF.png

b8epxii.png
    This looks fun (kind of like what I do with Maxis rooms so they don't show up in gold) I will use hashtags #catmando830 or #BuildtheHouse so you can find what I made.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.