Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I play sims 4 on this?

Comments

• Options
    Ages6AndUpAges6AndUp Posts: 2 New Member
    the laptops won't run the game at all? or just won't run it at the highest quality? also, will it work for cats and dogs?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Ages6AndUp wrote: »
    the laptops won't run the game at all? or just won't run it at the highest quality? also, will it work for cats and dogs?

The specs you posted are below requirements. The game requires desktop hardware. laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements on desktop. When you buy a laptop you are stuck with the specs you buy. I have seen people with those specs in tech who have had issues with the game. I would not advise buying a laptop under requirements or you may have issues. It may or may not run or run well. Every computer is different though those specs are low end. When your computer is under requirements, the game may play one day and not the next. This game has mandatory patching and just a patch can do an under-powered computer to where the game will no longer play .
  • Options
    perrielaineperrielaine Posts: 1 New Member
    So.... I know someone already asked about a laptop that had a graphics card of an Intel UHD Graphics 620 who was told that this wouldn't be sufficient for gameplay, but I recently bought a new laptop with this GPU without thinking about if it would be able to support TS4. Am I going to damage my laptop by playing the game?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So.... I know someone already asked about a laptop that had a graphics card of an Intel UHD Graphics 620 who was told that this wouldn't be sufficient for gameplay, but I recently bought a new laptop with this GPU without thinking about if it would be able to support TS4. Am I going to damage my laptop by playing the game?

That card is under the minimum game requirements. You could well damage your laptop. The game might not even work at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ExoticuniExoticuni Posts: 3 New Member
    Can I use this laptop to play Sims 4? Dell Latitude Laptop Core 2 Duo P8400 Dual-Core 2.2GHz 4GB Ram 320GB HDD Win10P? I already bought it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    Exoticuni wrote: »
    Can I use this laptop to play Sims 4? Dell Latitude Laptop Core 2 Duo P8400 Dual-Core 2.2GHz 4GB Ram 320GB HDD Win10P? I already bought it.

That's an older laptop designed for things like very basic schoolwork, and with a tiny hard drive. It won't have graphics power to play the game. It's probably well under the minimum basegame requirements. Sorry :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Exoticuni wrote: »
    >
    > Can I use this laptop to play Sims 4? Dell Latitude Laptop Core 2 Duo P8400 Dual-Core 2.2GHz 4GB Ram 320GB HDD Win10P? I already bought it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's an older laptop designed for things like very basic schoolwork, and with a tiny hard drive. It won't have graphics power to play the game. It's probably well under the minimum basegame requirements. Sorry :(

But it met the requirements it has 4 gigz of memory. And more space than 9. And it's not old
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Exoticuni wrote: »
    >
    > Can I use this laptop to play Sims 4? Dell Latitude Laptop Core 2 Duo P8400 Dual-Core 2.2GHz 4GB Ram 320GB HDD Win10P? I already bought it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's an older laptop designed for things like very basic schoolwork, and with a tiny hard drive. It won't have graphics power to play the game. It's probably well under the minimum basegame requirements. Sorry :(

But it met the requirements it has 4 gigz of memory. And more space than 9. And it's not old

you need 4gb ram just for the game. You need more ram to run windows, origin and other programs. You also need a processor and video card that meet requirements which your laptop does not meet. You need a mid level gaming desktop or higher end gaming laptop to run this game
  • Options
    My laptop came today and I downloaded it and it worse perfectly.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My laptop came today and I downloaded it and it worse perfectly.

For now. It will likely not last very long as it's not designed for gaming. I would start saving up for its replacement sooner rather than later. I suggest you start now.

I have killed a computer by pushing it past it's limits and almost killed another.

One of my desktops died from a hard drive physically breaking. And the original 1 GB RAM stick was registering at around 250 MB. The desktop originally only had an integrated graphics card (not designed for gaming) and I played SEVERAL HOURS of Sims 2 with all EP's and SP's on the highest settings I could set it at DAILY. Integrated graphic cards are on the motherboard. RAM is installed into the motherboard. Due to the overheating of the graphics card, I overheated and permanently damaged my RAM. The hard drive I don't think was super close to the motherboard, but between it and my not so great cleaning of the desktop led to its physically breaking. Metal can only expand and contract so many times before it breaks and that's what I did to it.

I also had a laptop that was not designed for gaming, it was minimum requirements to run Windows XP. It was designed for school work. I played Sims 2 on it with a few EP's (all that had been released, but Seasons and Pets had not been released) for a few hours a day, 4 days a week, for 6 weeks. 4 years later, I had an instance where at least one of the fans did not turn on when I tried to turn on the computer. The computer refused to turn on due to the fan not turning on. Thankfully, it never did it again, but I replaced the laptop at that point.

Yes, both computers were older when they failed or started to fail, but if my desktop had been a laptop, I probably would have been lucky to make it to 3 years with as hard as I gamed on it. And I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to replace a computer within 3 years of buying it.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Hope this is ok to post on this thread...
    My laptop, now that I got cats & dogs, just simply isn't running Sims 4 the way I want it to. So I'm looking for somewhat budget friendly laptops (can't be pc, i'm soon off to college) that will definitely run cat & dogs without crashing, and maybe other expansions & stuff packs on better than the lowest settings lol. I think i've narrowed it down to 2 laptops, but if you know of any better laptops for cheap i'd appreciate it.
    So my question is, will these laptops run the way I want them to? Which one is better? Is there much of a difference?

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
    15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display
    8GB Dual Channel Memory, 256GB SSD
    8X DVD Double-Layer Drive RW
    Up to 15 hours of battery life
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000
    8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
    8GB, DDR4, 2400MHz; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
    Hard drive 1TB + 8GB Hybrid
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX 4GB GDDR5

Thanks a bunch! I'm not tech savvy so I don't know much about laptops so any advice is appreciated :)

Neither laptop meets requirements

for this game you need laptop specs below

Video Card : Nvidia gtx 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor; Intel I5 or I7 quad core. the series number will end in HQ or MQ . These are processors meant for gaming

8gb computer ram

hard drive space , at least 500 gb ( do not look at laptops with only one 256 gb ssd)

windows 64 bit

This is entirely incorrect. The Sims 4 runs on my 840M at 60fps on Ultra settings. People do not need that much power to run The Sims 3 & 4.
    It also runs at 80fps+ on a GTX 760 2GB card.

People don't always have the money to buy the latest and greatest, so if they want to a PC that's good enough to play TS3 & TS4, a lot of these laptops will do it.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    My laptop, now that I got cats & dogs, just simply isn't running Sims 4 the way I want it to. So I'm looking for somewhat budget friendly laptops (can't be pc, i'm soon off to college) that will definitely run cat & dogs without crashing, and maybe other expansions & stuff packs on better than the lowest settings lol. I think i've narrowed it down to 2 laptops, but if you know of any better laptops for cheap i'd appreciate it.
    So my question is, will these laptops run the way I want them to? Which one is better? Is there much of a difference?

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

Thanks a bunch! I'm not tech savvy so I don't know much about laptops so any advice is appreciated :)

Processor; Intel I5 or I7 quad core. the series number will end in HQ or MQ . These are processors meant for gaming

8gb computer ram

hard drive space , at least 500 gb ( do not look at laptops with only one 256 gb ssd)

windows 64 bit

This is entirely incorrect. The Sims 4 runs on my 840M at 60fps on Ultra settings. People do not need that much power to run The Sims 3 & 4.

People don't always have the money to buy the latest and greatest, so if they want to a PC that's good enough to play TS3 & TS4, a lot of these laptops will do it.

The issue isn't always will it run. The issue also is will it be safe for the computer or will it give a high chance of reducing the life of the computer.

And if your computer is a desktop that could also be why. Laptop versions of hardware tend to be weaker so you need "better" insides than you do on a desktop.

Not to mention the closer to higher end gaming you get the better the laptop will be suited to handling the heat that is generated. So a couple hundred more dollars now, may save them more money in the long run as they aren't having to replace it as often due to the wear and tear, both of general usage and of high amounts of pushing components to their limits.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    The issue isn't always will it run. The issue also is will it be safe for the computer or will it give a high chance of reducing the life of the computer.

And if your computer is a desktop that could also be why. Laptop versions of hardware tend to be weaker so you need "better" insides than you do on a desktop.

Not to mention the closer to higher end gaming you get the better the laptop will be suited to handling the heat that is generated. So a couple hundred more dollars now, may save them more money in the long run as they aren't having to replace it as often due to the wear and tear, both of general usage and of high amounts of pushing components to their limits.

I agree. I have an 820M (so not much worse) and I played on medium-high for two years. Even though that wasn't the reason why I stopped (though I was suggested here that I should), I did notice fps drops along with the fans being louder by the end, so I'm quite certain that even if not completely, but a part of my laptop is - to some level at least - damaged.
    And as for the 760 card, unless we're talking about a laptop, a 760 is above the recommended requirements.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Content removed by EA_Mage

Yes, I know what the requirements are.

I am aware that they do make the cards I mentioned anymore, but you're knocking back video cards that are greater than the ones EA recommend for Max settings. Nowhere, anywhere, does it say you need to have the most expensive video cards available to play The Sims 4.

Nor do you need desktop gaming cards in laptops to play The Sims 4. The current line of laptop video cards are more than ample for the Sims 4.

The current desktop lineup you're saying people need to buy is overkill. Not everyone has money to buy the best of the best.

The point I'm making to YOU is, if people ask if they can play the game on this PC you need to be honest. You don't knock back more than capable video cards just because they aren't the current line up. A lot of PC's still sold will have older cards in them, and as long as they exceed the recommended requirements EA states, it will work.

The point I was making, is if the game works at 60fps with Max Settings on the 840M, it means laptops cards are more than capable and you do not need to be telling people they need desktop cards in Laptops to play The Sims 4.

---

Post edited by EA_Mage
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • Options
    @Seera1024 wrote: »

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Laptop gaming chips are designed for gaming. I always tell people that integrated graphics are pretty much a no go, but it's silly advice to say that Gaming Laptops can't play games because they have Laptop cards.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited June 2018

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Content removed

I am aware that they do make the cards I mentioned anymore, but you're knocking back video cards that are greater than the ones EA recommend for Max settings. Nowhere, anywhere, does it say you need to have the most expensive video cards available to play The Sims 4.

Nor do you need desktop gaming cards in laptops to play The Sims 4. The current line of laptop video cards are more than ample for the Sims 4.

The current desktop lineup you're saying people need to buy is overkill. Not everyone has money to buy the best of the best.

The point I'm making to YOU is, if people ask if they can play the game on this PC you need to be honest. You don't knock back more than capable video cards just because they aren't the current line up. A lot of PC's still sold will have older cards in them, and as long as they exceed the recommended requirements EA states, it will work.

The point I was making, is if the game works at 60fps with Max Settings on the 840M, it means laptops cards are more than capable and you do not need to be telling people they need desktop cards in Laptops to play The Sims 4.

---

I don't think you know much about specs. A GTX760 is roughly similar to a 1050 but probably just a tad bit worse since it's older and they have probably tried to improve the technology for the 10XX series. It's not like the 1050 is 5 times stronger than the 760. So no, a 1050 isn't an overkill. A 1080 would be.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Just to note, We helped the OP privately. OP has already bought a laptop. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @DeKay wrote: »

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Content removed

---

I don't think you know much about specs. A GTX760 is roughly similar to a 1050 but probably just a tad bit worse since it's older and they have probably tried to improve the technology for the 10XX series. It's not like the 1050 is 5 times stronger than the 760. So no, a 1050 isn't an overkill. A 1080 would be.

I know what specs I'm talking about, the issue I keep seeing is people more about people telling people that they can't play on Laptop Graphics cards. And I gave the 760 as an example, because if that card can do it, people posting recently about the 960 not "meeting EA Requirements" for example, and saying they must buy a 10xx chip, is just making people pay more for something that will do almost the same, or slightly better.

Most of us play TS4 with Vsync on, so it won't honestly make a difference as long as it plays at 60fps. People are posting Laptop cards in this thread that would play the game, and they're being told "it doesn't meet the specs" when it meets it plenty.

An MX 150 2GB will run The Sims 4 on the best setting as 60fps, and @phoebebebe13 said it wasn't good enough, and they need to get a desktop card.

That's purposely misleading people.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi folks,

Debating what specs are needed for best performance or to even just run the game is perfectly fine.

However, attacking each other and derailing the thread is not. If you wish to debate what specs are needed/recommended, please set up a separate topic to do just that.

Also a friendly reminder to all - if you feel responses in a thread are inappropriate, please report them. Tagging me in a thread and then continuing to argue is NOT OK.

Thanks,
    EA_Mage
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    @DeKay wrote: »

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Content removed

---

I know what specs I'm talking about, the issue I keep seeing is people more about people telling people that they can't play on Laptop Graphics cards. And I gave the 760 as an example, because if that card can do it, people posting recently about the 960 not "meeting EA Requirements" for example, and saying they must buy a 10xx chip, is just making people pay more for something that will do almost the same, or slightly better.

Most of us play TS4 with Vsync on, so it won't honestly make a difference as long as it plays at 60fps. People are posting Laptop cards in this thread that would play the game, and they're being told "it doesn't meet the specs" when it meets it plenty.

An MX 150 2GB will run The Sims 4 on the best setting as 60fps, and phoebebebe13 said it wasn't good enough, and they need to get a desktop card.

That's purposely misleading people.

No one on this thread said a 960 wouldn't not meet the requirements. Heck, I was actually recommended a 960m like 3 years ago. This year I bought a new on with a 1050 just cuz the shop I buy at don't have 900 series cards anymore.

As for what Phoebebe said about 'desktop hardware', I don't think she meant the laptop HAS to have a desktop video card. She just meant that the game is probably gonna play much smoother on desktop and also for cheaper.

Also, there's no way your game runs the game at 60fps the whole time. If you are on your laptop now, I will love to see proof that the fps actually stays at 60fps (using the in game fps counter) with the camera moving around. Make a video of it or a gif. Cuz I'm really curious.

The game is broken and a lot of the big lots won't run the game at that fps even with v-sync on. It usually jumps all over the place for me and sometimes stays at 30fps. I think only the lots in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are smooth. All the new worlds are just terrible in terms of fps.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6"
    Windows 10 Home

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

8gb computer ram

windows 64 bit

Some of your points I can agree with and some I can't. The problem is the person may be able to run it but some people tend to play outside of that systems capabilities and that is where they run into problems. It may run as if there is nothing wrong for a little bit and then the glitches and not bugs may start showing up. I do not see Sims 4 demanding a lot of power as COD or Doom however seeing it relies heavily on AI systems it still requires a lot of computing processes just to run and if you want to run Sims 4 at it's fullest glory you still cannot come half stepping. Another thing the major components must complement each other in order for the system to work efficiently meaning do not use an weak CPU with an strong GPU. As the game progresses specs may need to be increased, as dual cores are now basically obsolete when it comes to computing. Having multiple cores while not making the system faster it just makes processing more efficient giving one the illusion that their system is faster so it is better now to have four cores(which may become obsolete as well soon) or more to game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a side laptop with the mx150 and it can not run the game, and if it does the lag is horrible and the laptop ends up shutting down.Just a heads up.I know you have the mx130, but I assume the mx150 is more updated, so that's why I put my experience down.

@phoebebebe13 is right with the 256 ssd, I bought a gaming a laptop a month ago and didn't realize the storage space was so small, I basically can only have the sims 3 on it, but that's okay for me as I have my MSI with my other games on it, but def not a good idea with the 256 ssd
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Hi guys! I'm looking for a new laptop but I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I know my prospects aren't the best, but:

I don't need all my settings on high to play. I just want it to run smoothly and look decent. I'm playing on a very old computer now and it runs okay on 32bit but I want it to run smoothly and fast on 64bit.

I'm looking at HP-ak002no as a possible computer to purchase. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD A6 9220 / 2.5 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    STORAGE: 256 GB SSD - (M.2)
    GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon R4

Do you think it's possible to play ts4 smoothly on medium-high graphics? As in, if objects, sims, 3D, and view distance are on high and the rest are low-medium and on laptop mode?

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    meepweep wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm looking for a new laptop but I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I know my prospects aren't the best, but:

I don't need all my settings on high to play. I just want it to run smoothly and look decent. I'm playing on a very old computer now and it runs okay on 32bit but I want it to run smoothly and fast on 64bit.

I'm looking at HP-ak002no as a possible computer to purchase. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD A6 9220 / 2.5 GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    STORAGE: 256 GB SSD - (M.2)
    GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon R4

Do you think it's possible to play ts4 smoothly on medium-high graphics? As in, if objects, sims, 3D, and view distance are on high and the rest are low-medium and on laptop mode?

No that's under the requirements. You will not even have enough space to install the full game plus any cc. What's your budget? If you're going for higher settings then you need a higher end laptop they are not cheap, desktops are cheaper and better.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    No that's under the requirements. You will not even have enough space to install the full game plus any cc. What's your budget? If you're going for higher settings then you need a higher end laptop they are not cheap, desktops are cheaper and better.

Oh, okay! Thanks for the response. I would like to buy a computer for under 700 usd. I have been looking into desktops a little bit, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with those to be honest. Do you know of a desktop that meets requirements but doesn't break my budget?