Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple dog walking???

I would love to see an option to be able to walk all dogs in the household. It would help greatly time wise and could also be an after school job for teens.

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I didn't think of this.. It takes so long to go on a walk at the moment anyway, even a short one, this would be really helpful! I hate not walking my dogs, it's like IRL, I feel like I'm depriving them of their happiness when I can't take my dogs out.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @Bonjourwoman this is a great idea! It would make things so much easier!
    LittelMsSam has a mod to make short walks even quicker if you're ineterestes @CoteDAzur
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    I have 5 dogs so my sims every other day spend a good amout of time taking the dogs for a jog which at this time is the quickest to get through them. I had 2 dogs, adopted 2 strays only to find out one of them were pregnant. I have no mods in my game. It became too tedious making sure they were kept up to date so once sims 4 came out, I didn't bother. LOL
  • MichelleeMichellee Posts: 35 Member
    In addition to what everyone else said, it would be nice if kids can walk the dog as well.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dogs are technically sims, so, have you tried to form a group with your dogs (the little blue plumbob above their heads) and take the group for a walk? Or how about a club for the owner and dogs where walking and pooping are requirements (or whatever comes closest). Neither one of these will make use of the leash, but as group, they should follow the pack leader.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Dogs are technically sims, so, have you tried to form a group with your dogs (the little blue plumbob above their heads) and take the group for a walk? Or how about a club for the owner and dogs where walking and pooping are requirements (or whatever comes closest). Neither one of these will make use of the leash, but as group, they should follow the pack leader.

I will have to try this.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Didn't work. Ah well, was worth the try.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I was just thinking about this the other day!
  • xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    I really hope they fix this because I have multiple, four, Dalmatians with only two sims and it takes forever to walk them.
  • christie181087christie181087 Posts: 1 New Member
    EA should definitely introduce a way to walk multiple dogs at once, the walks take long enough already let alone having to do it for more than one dog. They should also introduce a dog walker NPC service.
  • A1fabbyA1fabby Posts: 3 New Member
    LittleMsSam did one but it didn’t work for me. They say to go to the area where they spawn and I tried that and it still didn’t work. It’s frustrating
  • A1fabbyA1fabby Posts: 3 New Member
    Just an update, I tried it again properly and it worked!

The mod littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/178186586453/go-for-a-walk-with-more-pets-rabbitholes-with
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    I would love to see an option to be able to walk all dogs in the household. It would help greatly time wise and could also be an after school job for teens.

I totally agree with this!
  • kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    I love this idea! would save so much time. One of my houses adopted three big dogs and they all whine to be walked but it takes all night! Love the idea of making it an afterschool job, too!
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    I agree!
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    If you can walk all the dogs at one time from a lot man that would be fantastic
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • KARENsLIFE_7X7KARENsLIFE_7X7 Posts: 13 New Member
    It would be better ifs the walks were shorter. How can your family get together for events, dinner, partys, or play time if it takes four hours of sim time to walk a dog? I agree. Shorten the times, but have the same effects as a great walk. Yes, agree for multiple dog walks, and as a teens after school job.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2020
    I nearly always go for the short walk so the sim has time to do something else that day.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    > @Bonjourwoman said:
    > I would love to see an option to be able to walk all dogs in the household. It would help greatly time wise and could also be an after school job for teens.

YES! My household had 3 dogs and it already takes long enough as it is to do the walk (even the short ones).. And of course as soon as I was done walking one another had the idea pop up that they wanted to go on a walk too. You should be able to select what pet(s) you want to take with you when you select to walk your animals. I also agree that a dog walker would make a great teen job!
  • Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    The title reminds me of something that I wanted in this game, people walking around together while having a discussion. What we usually see right now is people walking around, but never or rarely 2 people chatting while walking. It somehow feels more alive.
  • plantasimplantasim Posts: 28 Member
    This would be AWESOME!! why they never think on stuff like this? do they really think people only own 1 single pet?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It would be great!! Also I’d like a « walk nameofthedog with....nameofsim » interaction so if I can have my sim walk the dog with his daughter for instance.