Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Historical Sims Thread?

I haven't seen one of these yet so why not make one myself! I don't see many historical simmers on here who only play with historical families (like me) so I'm hoping to find some more with this thread. I currently need to stack up on some more historical sim screenshots but until then here's a few. Please share your own historical sims/historical sims screenshots!
(One of my 1899 sims Elizabeth "Lizzie" Florence)
litNGID.jpg
(Lizzie and her secret girlfriend/lady's maid Theodosia)
SV5nGHz.jpg
(An 1820 portrait of my sim Eliza from my Eliza Through History series http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16483940#Comment_16483940)
VVeJs14.jpg
(Lizzie looking a bit grumpy while I'm trying to get the poses sorted)
9gJtZtt.jpg

I might add a few more soon. Feel free to share your history challenge sims if you are not a historical sims player like me!
Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
P2Wn3TO.jpg

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Great idea!
    I haven't played with a historical family for a while but I might do it again soon!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Outfits are CC? Interesting idea. Do a lot of it in TS2 (medieval), but none in 4.
  • PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    I've always wanted to play historical sims but I don't really like using custom content. Really hoping the team release some kind of pack with medieval/victorian/other historical clothing and items some time in the future! I just love the idea of playing in different eras.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I really love your historical pictures - always seen them in other threads! They're amazing!
  • FairytalesFairytales Posts: 64 Member
    I’ve wanted to do this for a long time. Where can I get some historical CC?
    26394146969_b2752af22f_m.jpg
  • historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    @fairytales It depends on what era of history you want to play in! Historicalsimslife (blogspot link here https://historicalsimslife.blogspot.co.uk/ ) is a very good historical cc maker but they mostly do 1700s/rococo cc
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
    I'll post a few more historical sim screenshots on this thread after I make my simblr. I'll be stocking up on a few more historical sims screenshots then
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I've been able to find 18th century clothing to a degree, but they haven't been updated and interfere with the game. I had to clean out my mods folder, as a result. :'( I really do wish I could have found the little white linen cap women wore during that time frame. It was supposed to help keep their hair clean in between washings, which didn't occur too often and certainly never during the winter months. :open_mouth:

[img][/img]I7yVcRp.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bombtoribombtori Posts: 30 Member
    Wow! Your screenshots are awesome! I just started a historical legacy family. Two sisters born in the late 1870s. Their parents died when they were teenagers, and they are heiresses to their large Victorian house. The money starts to dry out, so one sisters marries an up and coming businessman. Her husband doesn't get along with the younger sister, and resents having to care for her wellbeing. They clashed a lot. She was turned into a vampire though and attacked him before running away. Now, I am going to play the legacy through the decades with the older sister's descendants mirroring the vampire sister through the decades. The non-vampire sister just had 3 girl triplets though -_-

Anyways, I don't use CC. I am trying to get by on expansion pack clothing. A lot of people wear the same things haha.
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have always been interested in playing a historical family since Sims 3 but never actually got around to doing it. I didn't realize that there were historical clothing for the Sims 4 to download. I've looked before but could never find anything. Thanks for the link!!

I love those pictures too!!

What kind of houses do you put the sims into to make it even more historical?
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm actually in the process of collecting CC to do a Historical 100 Baby Save should be challenging and fun to keep those kids entertained without using a TV/Computer. Probably going to set it in a vagueish Medieval setting because there's been a fair amount of stuff out there converted from Sims Medieval.

There's actually quite a bit of decent historical CC out there now compared to when I last looked two years ago. Definitely makes me happy but I still hope we'll get some sort of historical based pack or maybe a Medieval type spin-off game at some point.
    ~ ~ ~
    I also posted this on the romantic screenshot thread so sorry if you are seeing this twice
    Here is my couple from the 1700s!
    I don't know why the pictures are so low quality. Soon I'll take more (hopefully better quality) pictures of them
    UwSexQA.png
    PMxPtq2.png
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    Wow, these screenshots look amazing! could you please let me know where you found that carriage pose? thanks!
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I love the idea of this thread, even if it's quite old, so I will contribute to it!
    TY0k8eC.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't play historical sims Not at the moment.. but in two gens- I'm going to have a Royal family appear and the King is going to be wearing old fashion clothes (the Wife will die shortly after moving to the town) but they're already have an heir. Would I be able to share him?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    I purged all of my CC a while back when there was an update that messed up a lot of script mods and haven't really used any since, but I have tried to recreate one historical person as a sim (just in modern clothes instead of a toga) recently

unknown.png
    800px-Meister_von_San_Vitale_in_Ravenna_013.jpg

Flavius Belisarius, a sixth century Byzantine general

I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that