Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please improve the behavior of Sims in bar lots.

One of the things that has bothered me most while playing The Sims 4 is the behavior of Sims in certain community lots, especially in bars.

This is because it seems like the Sims have an absurd fixation on televisions while they are in those lots, which causes several of them to simply stop around the television and just hang around and do nothing else.

There are lots of fun objects that can be added to these lots for the Sims to use, such as the bubble blower, the card table, foosball, and a few others. The problem is that, as you can see in this image, even though the lot is full of Sims (ignore bear fantasies), none of them use the objects I mentioned. Objects are standing there, and it's extremely rare to see Sims in bar lots interacting with things other than: televisions, bar, stereo or microphone. And that's a problem.

pMZQjzV.jpg

We expect Sims to make better use of the objects we add to the lots, but they don't. They always have a very large fixation by televisions or bartenders.

Please change this, and let Sims also have a better chance of using other objects like the ones I mentioned.
tenor.gif

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    This is a good example of when traits should come in. Every single Sim shouldn't have the same unbroken fixation on the same object. Some Sims should prefer foosball, others should want to play darts, still others should want to play poker or use the bubble blower.

This is the reason that one of the most common complaints about TS4 is: all Sims feel the same.

The oddest thing? It's gotten worse as the game ages. When the game was first released and there was little to do, it seemed like the Sims spread out more. Some would be dancing or watching the television. Others would be playing with the VR rigs or having a drink.

They've all been somehow lobotomized and then assimilated.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    This is a good example of when traits should come in. Every single Sim shouldn't have the same unbroken fixation on the same object. Some Sims should prefer foosball, others should want to play darts, still others should want to play poker or use the bubble blower.

This is the reason that one of the most common complaints about TS4 is: all Sims feel the same.

The oddest thing? It's gotten worse as the game ages. When the game was first released and there was little to do, it seemed like the Sims spread out more. Some would be dancing or watching the television. Others would be playing with the VR rigs or having a drink.

Yes, exactly
    tenor.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Put the tvs under the building. That ends the problem.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

You are so right. I literally had to create some groups that hit certain bars and added play pub games as an activity of the group. Now at least they are rotating through the games.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd rather just see Maxis forward-face the weighting of attraction to objects etc to us in a config file or something.

They keep tweaking things and sometimes it is not what people want. This is why there are mods that prevent autonomy to computers, dancing at a stereo, getting a glass of water, etc, etc.

Mods are all very well, but I'd like to be able customise the level of attraction rather than simply activate or deactivate it.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only behavior I'm most bothered with Sims in bars is how much money they waste ordering drinks constantly. If it's not the tv, it's all the money they waste on drinking. Sims are alcoholics and need to go to AA or rehab.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ItsSimerellaaaItsSimerellaaa Posts: 9 New Member
    Well, from the picture it looks like the sims are doing many things... I don't see the tv????? *scratches head*
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It seems to be this way with every lot type they programmed the Sims to only really care about the few specific items they set for each lot type bars get television stereos and the mic and they ignore everything else which is very annoying. I swear if they add a pool table ever and its not a bar approved item...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    The only behavior I'm most bothered with Sims in bars is how much money they waste ordering drinks constantly. If it's not the tv, it's all the money they waste on drinking. Sims are alcoholics and need to go to AA or rehab.

Yes!! I can't leave them alone for a second or my sim that has $200 to his name will waste $60 on a drink and go back for another one!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    It seems to be this way with every lot type they programmed the Sims to only really care about the few specific items they set for each lot type bars get television stereos and the mic and they ignore everything else which is very annoying. I swear if they add a pool table ever and its not a bar approved item...

I think I saw something that basically sims 4 sims are coded to do certain stuff on certain lots. I believe it was a modded that said that. So I'm guessing the required items are what they will use on the lot because the coding tells them so and that's why they ignore other objects.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    HA!

I visited the lighthouse island in brindleton bay, and everyone was upstairs in the office, reading books.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    At my bars they either drink constantly or play card games constantly.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I've had to alter all my bars and add basements to them. That way the lot still qualifies as a bar, but all the required objects are in the basement and my sims act somewhat normal.

The one thing that still bothers me about bars is the drink stealing :|

Can't have my sims order anything, it's always gonna get snatched by some random sim and the money gets wasted.

I'm also bothered by the fact that all the sims just order sweet&spicy. They never freakin order anything else so if I settle for stealing someone's drink after mine has been stolen all I've got to choose from is a bunch of sweet&spicy glasses :/
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Well, ordering drink also takes a lot of time.

Some Sims sometimes talk to bartender and he instead of making a drink, talks .

Not even gonna mention what happens when u order a drink for a group.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @agustd OMG I really HATE the drink stealing. There are times my sims have to order 3 drinks before they actually get to drink it.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    The fixation on TVs and compulsive drink buying and stealing really irritates me too. Luckily drink stealing has become way less of a problem for me (idk why) but the other issues are still happening. I've never thought of adding basements, thanks ya'll! And I completely agree @Cynna. This reminds me of a semi-related issue since it happens a lot at bars and cafes = the musical chairs, oh my god the musical chairs. Please just sit down and stay down I'm literally begging you :lol:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    You know, now that I look at this post again, it seems as if the Sims just aren't programmed to make use of newer objects in base game venues. It's like the bubble machine is invisible to them because it's not on the Acceptable Activities List. If one of those bears tried to use the bubble machine, I imagine that the Sim police would rush in to cuff him and bring him in for re-education.

That's a really serious problem with TS4.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg