Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I don't mind at all. The news is already on the internet of you really wanted to search for it. XD September 9th is when I'm due, but the birthday will likely be scheduled for a week before that on the 3rd. Mine have to be scheduled because of c-sections. sadly.
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I don't mind at all. The news is already on the internet of you really wanted to search for it. XD September 9th is when I'm due, but the birthday will likely be scheduled for a week before that on the 3rd. Mine have to be scheduled because of c-sections. sadly.

Aw, I'm sorry that must be hard! I can't even imagine how excited you must be though! That's so crazy!
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I have started working on it! I am planning on putting it up on my simblr once I get it fully going and will def link it here when I do!
    Can't wait!! I'm so excited to see your story!

Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Babush89Babush89 Posts: 6 New Member
    This looks like a great challenge! Very creative and VERY well thought out! :-)
    Babush89 wrote: »
    This looks like a great challenge! Very creative and VERY well thought out! :-)

Thank you so much! I'm very glad you like it! :)
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that my first year of college is wrapping up and soon it will be summer, yay! I think I have less than 30 days now. I had to restart my story on Twitter following the MySims Legacy Challenge, and I have been updating frequently. I have a bunch of pictures I still have to turn into posts, but that's ok.
    I just wanted to let you guys know once summer comes out, this challenge will get a major update. I want to go over each generation and make sure everything makes sense, etc. Most of the changes will happen in the later generations so you don't need to worry about the first few generations. Also with news of the 3 packs that are coming out this year 1 Ep, 1 SP, and 1GP a lot of people are speculating Univesity and Witches, myself included (I have no idea for the other one) but if we do get witches in the sims 4 I thinking of making a generation revolving around that based on the MySim Yuki, however, if we don't get witches I will be very sad, but I will come up with something new :)
    Sorry, this is kinda a lengthy paragraph, thank you all for being interested in this challenge it really makes me happy to see you guys enjoying it, and I hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    I'm expecting/hoping for: University and Witches because of hints that have been in things. Like the witch and fairy costumes for example >.<

as for the stuff back. I feel like it might be an improved babies back of some kind. strollers, cribs, ect.
    edited June 2019
    Hi Guys! I just wanted to let you know since the latest Expansion Pack I will be updating the rules a bunch to be more accurate. I think I've also made it so that now every MySim has their own generation, if you go to the front page you will see that it's in the midst of being changed, and I'll let you know once I am fully finished and let me know if you guys have any feedback!

Also I wanted to know your thoughts of DJ Candy and Leaf;

Leaf is a Hardcore Elvish Rockstar and DJ Candy is a DJ, I don't want to put two generations in the same career, do you think I should put DJ Candy in the Social Media career since she likes to party and hang with friends? Let me know your thoughts!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    @alexis3142 Oh my gosh that's so exciting!! Thank you!! Personally I am on the DJ Candy generation right now, and she is a DJ, pianist, and produces her own tracks via the music station. I haven't put her in the music career at all because I'm kind of having her "freelance" so to speak.

I think the music career would be better suited for Leaf, or becoming a famous musician if Get Famous is installed? And DJ Candy may be good for the Social Media career or maybe even solely freelancing. There's already Jenny (gen 15) with the Social Media career, Internet Personality branch. Or perhaps she could be a Critic of the Arts?
    edited June 2019
    storyy wrote: »
    @alexis3142 Oh my gosh that's so exciting!! Thank you!! Personally I am on the DJ Candy generation right now, and she is a DJ, pianist, and produces her own tracks via the music station. I haven't put her in the music career at all because I'm kind of having her "freelance" so to speak.

I think the music career would be better suited for Leaf, or becoming a famous musician if Get Famous is installed? And DJ Candy may be good for the Social Media career or maybe even solely freelancing. There's already Jenny (gen 15) with the Social Media career, Internet Personality branch. Or perhaps she could be a Critic of the Arts?

Yeah, I'm not too sure just yet, nothing is super set in stone. Thankfully most of the changes I want to make are for the later generations. I've gone through all the descriptions and kinda put together which job I think would be best for the MySim and their personality. I'll just list them here and you guys can let me know if those sound good!
    1. Chef Gino- Culinary
    2. DJ Candy- Social Media (Freelance Musician?)
    3. Elmira Clamp- Writer (Author)
    4. Ol' Gabby- Fisherman?
    5. Hopper- Veterinarian
    6. Poppy- Gardener (Floral Designer)
    7. Dr. F- Scientist
    8. TOBOR-Astronaut
    9. Chaz McFreely- Athlete (Professional Athlete)
    10. Lyndsay- Freelance Explorer (Jungle Adventures)??
    11. Buddy- Secret Agent
    12. Morcubus-Business (Criminal)??
    13. Goth Boy- Fast Food Employee (Part-Time)
    14. Violet- (Stylist?? Critic??)
    15. Gonk- Conservationist
    16. Jenny- Tech Guru (eSport Gamer)
    17. Trevor Verily- Actor/Actress
    18. Zombie Carl- Doctor
    19. Leaf- Entertainer (Musician)
    20. Yuki- Criminal??

I italicized/bolded the ones I'm having trouble deciding, let me know your feedback everyone!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    Here are my thoughts :)

- DJ Candy - Freelance Musician
    - Ol' Gabby - Fisherman + Freelance Woodworker (This goes hand in hand... no pun intended, with the handiness skill, and can lead him to some of the hidden locations as well!)
    - Lyndsay - Perhaps Archaeologist? Since one of her goals is to level that skill anyway!
    - Morcubus - Either Criminal (Boss) or Business (Management)
    - Violet - Critic (Arts)
    - Yuki - Social Media (Internet Personality) - From what I read of her on the MySims Wiki page, she is just like a gothic kawaii dream girl lol. I could see her as like, a famous YouTuber or Instagram influencer... some type of internet personality.

Thank you for all the work you've put into this challenge! I am loving it so far :)
    storyy wrote: »
    Here are my thoughts :)

- DJ Candy - Freelance Musician
    - Ol' Gabby - Fisherman + Freelance Woodworker (This goes hand in hand... no pun intended, with the handiness skill, and can lead him to some of the hidden locations as well!)
    - Lyndsay - Perhaps Archaeologist? Since one of her goals is to level that skill anyway!
    - Morcubus - Either Criminal (Boss) or Business (Management)
    - Violet - Critic (Arts)
    - Yuki - Social Media (Internet Personality) - From what I read of her on the MySims Wiki page, she is just like a gothic kawaii dream girl lol. I could see her as like, a famous YouTuber or Instagram influencer... some type of internet personality.

Thank you for all the work you've put into this challenge! I am loving it so far :)

I love all your ideas and thank you for helping! And I'm so glad you are loving it that really makes me happy!! As I go through each generation and put them in their respective careers I'll adjust the skills and collections to match as well, you are the best thank you! And I love the idea of making the Yuki generation into like an internet personality, I could not figure out what I wanted to so with her, but it works so well!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    You're so welcome! I'm glad that I could help you out 😊 Sometimes you just need a fresh pair of eyes lol. I can't wait to see all your updates, and to play through them as well! ❤️❤️❤️
    Hey everyone!! I know it has been a while since the last update, I've been working full time waiting for college to start up again, but anyways... Every single generation has now been updated, this challenge is now a full 20 generations. I'm super excited to share this with you all!! I'm so happy that I've actually finished writing all the rules. There are still a few things I would like to add, as I would like to write a description for each generation but I honestly couldn't wait to just update everything first.

Also, I just want to say thank you for all your help, I would really like for you guys to share screenshots and stuff with me because I'm so excited that people actually like my challenge since I've put so much work into! So thank you all! I hope you are enjoying the challenge, and if you are just checking this out for the first time welcome to the MySims Legacy thread please any feedback, and posting screenshots, and telling stories are welcome!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    I am excited to get back to it and continue through with all 20 generations! :) Been not having a chance to play lately xD so hopefully I can get back to it soon.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    @alexis3142 very excited about your challenge. I will even use Newcrest purely for this challenge I think. Once question, do we need to get the figurines as well, or just use them as the rules for each generation? Looking forward to beginning this challenge.

Also can I replace the vampire generation with something else, say the new Freelance fashion photography update, as I've never been keen on playing the vampires. I might one day but would prefer not to include them in a legacy challenge. :)<3
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

@alexis3142 very excited about your challenge. I will even use Newcrest purely for this challenge I think. Once question, do we need to get the figurines as well, or just use them as the rules for each generation? Looking forward to beginning this challenge.

Also can I replace the vampire generation with something else, say the new Freelance fashion photography update, as I've never been keen on playing the vampires. I might one day but would prefer not to include them in a legacy challenge. :)<3

By the end of the challenge, you must complete the MySims Trophies collection, so you have a while to do that. And of course! I can write up a generation for you if you would like! Or if you want, you can just make one up on your own, but let me know! I'm so excited that you are trying out this challenge!! <3
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2019
    A couple more questions. @alexis3142 Do we need to start like the legacy challenge or just get a house and begin without cheats so in a starter home and the amount we normally start with?

Happy to make up a different one to replace the vampire one, but will base it on yours and let you know.

Also I'll be using CC if that is okay but only for the looks of my generations and some clothing, nothing else, not CC furniture with upped comfort and such.

I decided to go with Willow Creek. It has more lots I can use for future generations.

A couple more questions. @alexis3142 Do we need to start like the legacy challenge or just get a house and begin without cheats so in a starter home and the amount we normally start with?

Happy to make up a different one to replace the vampire one, but will base it on yours and let you know.

Also I'll be using CC if that is okay but only for the looks of my generations and some clothing, nothing else, not CC furniture with upped comfort and such.

I decided to go with Willow Creek. It has more lots I can use for future generations.

It's up to the player, I prefer to start as a normal legacy challenge because I like to start from nothing, but I know lots of other players prefer to start with a house or use freerealestate to buy their first, so really it is up to the player!

And yes Custom Content is ok as long as it doesn't give you an advantage over other players, but then again like its really up to you, I don't want to make this challenge extremely difficult since it is so long.

Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2019
    I've started with a starter house and only got the money that a single sim starts with, so haven't cheated with money. So that is how I'll go about it I think. So no cheats in that way or with CC either. I'll even have the first chapter up shortly, to read. I'll put the links to my story blog here, @alexis3142? So people can read it.

I've started with a starter house and only got the money that a single sim starts with, so haven't cheated with money. So that is how I'll go about it I think. So no cheats in that way or with CC either. I'll even have the first chapter up shortly, to read. I'll put the links to my story blog here, @alexis3142? So people can read it.

Yes of course! I would love to read it, you can post links and screenshots I'm so excited to see!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    This sounds like a fun challenge. Bookmarking for possible later play (when I don't have so many challenges going). Good job on finishing it!
    edited September 2019

I couldn't believe it the first trophy I found was chef Gino and the second one I found was DJ Candy the second one needed for Gen 2. Another amazing thing was the Male Sim I met was in the fitness career but he was a DJ and loved music, so fits in so well with the next generation. @alexis3142.

Wow! Congrats on that!!
    I just read the first chapter, and I love it already!!!

Also once the Realm of Magic pack comes out I'll update a generation to deal with witches, but since its new and not everyone might not be able to get it, ill leave both versions up. (It will most likely be Violet's generation to be updated (even though she's like thought to be a vampire I didn't want to have too many generations with vampires) who knows what I'll do haha
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top