Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you, @Shadami for your lovely comment.

I have sent you a PM, @alexis3142 to get your okay about the generation I'm replacing the vampire one with. Would you mind checking it out, please to let me know if it's okay to use and fits with the rest of your challenge? Thanks. :)

Also was wondering how do you know if you got the Experimental Food Prints? Do you just take a shot with your phone or is there a special message that comes up? Same with the 27 Living Recipes, how do you know you have them?
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    I have sent you a PM, @alexis3142 to get your okay about the generation I'm replacing the vampire one with. Would you mind checking it out, please to let me know if it's okay to use and fits with the rest of your challenge? Thanks. :)

Also was wondering how do you know if you got the Experimental Food Prints? Do you just take a shot with your phone or is there a special message that comes up? Same with the 27 Living Recipes, how do you know you have them?

I'll check my messages! For the experimental photos when you are eating them like at a restaurant you will get an option when you click the dish, and it says "Take Photo of Experimental food" that is how your sim will take a picture of it and it will end up in your inventory. As for the 27 City Living Recipes, you sim learns them when they eat food at a food stall. For instance, if your sim orders and eats Pufferfish Nigiri your sim will them learn how to cook it!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Thanks so much for the update! I'm so excited to see the descriptions when they're ready :) I am currently on Elmira's generation. I named her Mira and she has already completed her aspiration while working her way up in the Freelance Writer career! I wanted to try it out because I haven't had a save where I played through that career. I'm playing on Long so I'll have her master the regular career as well :wink: I love this challenge lol. Besides the standard Legacy challenge, this is the only one I haven't lost interest in after the first or second gens :heart:

Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck with school!
    Thank you, @alexis3142 for clarifying that for me. Really am enjoying this challenge it is different to the "Original Legacy Challenge" in that the time is not so restricted for the sim's lives and you can tackle it at your own pace. Thank You for your hard work on putting this together. <3<3

Hi all, and @alexis3142 Chapter 2 is up and ready to read. You can find it in the same place as before. To save time, however, I will link you all to it every time a new chapter goes up in case it runs too far away from us.

You can find it here...

MySims Challenge - Chapter 2 - Gen 1

storyy wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the update! I'm so excited to see the descriptions when they're ready :) I am currently on Elmira's generation. I named her Mira and she has already completed her aspiration while working her way up in the Freelance Writer career! I wanted to try it out because I haven't had a save where I played through that career. I'm playing on Long so I'll have her master the regular career as well :wink: I love this challenge lol. Besides the standard Legacy challenge, this is the only one I haven't lost interest in after the first or second gens :heart:

Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck with school!

I'm so glad you love this challenge it means a lot to me! And I'm so glad you haven't lost interest, I mean even if you do that's all right it happens to me too, I'm just glad you are enjoying it!!
    Thank you, @alexis3142 for clarifying that for me. Really am enjoying this challenge it is different to the "Original Legacy Challenge" in that the time is not so restricted for the sim's lives and you can tackle it at your own pace. Thank You for your hard work on putting this together. <3<3

Of course! I'm happy to clarify anything, I'm so glad you are enjoying it! I had so much fun putting this together I'm just so happy people are playing it and enjoying it! And I love chapter two! I can't wait to read more!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2019
    I really like the idea of the "Long age" option, @alexis3142 because it gives the opportunity to work on the skills for not only your founder sim and their partner, but any heirs they have at any age also. So, thanks for that. <3

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I really like playing on long age myself even though it means it takes longer to switch generations xD I get to spend more time with my Sims :3 and don't have to stress over being fast to achieve goals.
    edited August 2019
    Hey all, the next chapter of @alexis3142 MySims Challenge Story is up for reading. I'm not Italian and can't speak it, even though a little is in my latest story, but google is your best friend for things like that. You are welcome to leave a comment on my blog if you feel like it. See all chapters here...

MySims Challenge - Gen 1- Chapter 3
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

edited August 2019
    Could I ask another question, @alexis3142. Can your Sims use the potions they earn by completing perks and aspirations? I know in the rules you said that your Sims were allowed to use the youth potion once per generation, but since the others are earnt, not by cheating, but by fulfilling perks and aspiration goals, I wondered if it was okay to use them when needed. I haven't used any money cheats so I thought this may be a fair trade off. Let me know, thanks. <3<3

@Jendowoz0612 if it helps, I play this challenge very relaxed. I don't use money cheats to begin with, but I do get lots of potions for being a celebrity. I use the potions sometimes to put my Sim in a particular mood to serve what they'll be doing. Once or twice I have given them the sleep potion before work or school if they didn't get enough sleep to make it through the day lol.

Obviously I didn't write this challenge, but I feel as though @alexis3142 wouldn't mind if you use the regular aspiration/celebrity potions in your game! There also doesn't seem to be a point system so... I don't think you'll be penalized :)
    edited August 2019
    Could I ask another question, @alexis3142. Can your Sims use the potions they earn by completing perks and aspirations? I know in the rules you said that your Sims were allowed to use the youth potion once per generation, but since the others are earnt, not by cheating, but by fulfilling perks and aspiration goals, I wondered if it was okay to use them when needed. I haven't used any money cheats so I thought this may be a fair trade off. Let me know, thanks. <3<3
    storyy wrote: »
    @Jendowoz0612 if it helps, I play this challenge very relaxed. I don't use money cheats to begin with, but I do get lots of potions for being a celebrity. I use the potions sometimes to put my Sim in a particular mood to serve what they'll be doing. Once or twice I have given them the sleep potion before work or school if they didn't get enough sleep to make it through the day lol.

Obviously I didn't write this challenge, but I feel as though @alexis3142 wouldn't mind if you use the regular aspiration/celebrity potions in your game! There also doesn't seem to be a point system so... I don't think you'll be penalized :)

No worries guys, you can use regular potions as much as you want, the only reason there is a limit on the potion of youth is that it gives you more time that sim or generation. Just to make it a little challenging. And no you definitely won't be penalized, these are guidelines of how you play, it's not like you have to stick to everything 100% so no worries!

And thank you for your help @storyy I'm so glad you are still enjoying the challenge!! And I definitely don't mind haha
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2019
    Thanks @storyy and @alexis3142 I thought that might be the case, but just wanted to check. :)<3

@alexis3142 the next chapter is up and I've put it in a new thread as well, and linked it back to here, so I'll still keep updating in both spots so your thread keeps coming back to the front page and being noticed as I think other people need to see what a great challenge this is. <3

@storyy do you have yours written up somewhere? I'd love to read it if you have. <3

edited August 2019
    @alexis3142 or @storyy When I eat at a restaurant, none of the dishes seem to come up with the ones I'm supposed to take a picture of. I have a list of those that are supposed to come up, but I never see any of them when the menu comes up to order for the table. Is there something I'm missing or can it be any food that comes up with that message to photograph it? In the menu there are Chef specials, is there any connection to them?

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 you have to visit a restaurant that has an experimental menu. You can edit this in build mode if you don't own the restaurant - you can load a preset menu (that's what I do)

These dishes will be on black plates and you can click on them and choose "eat and learn experimental food". Your Sim will take a picture of it while they're eating it. Hope that helps :)

Sorry to randomly pop in like this but I've been stalking the thread @alexis3142. Looks like a great challenge and I'd be keen to try it :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 I had the same problem with the experimental recipes ... I found that the pre-made Chez Llama restaurant features all 20 recipes in its default menu ... So I placed it in my world and boom ... All the experimental dishes ... So got that part done ...
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, @Pebblycat that really helps <3 I didn't know you had to get the food in, (download it). You should do this challenge it's so much fun, and because it's relaxed, particularly being allowed to use "long " age if you choose to, you can take your time and really get Your Sims' skills up. Like @storyy it's a challenge that you never get bored with and really helps you get to know the careers really well and all the perks that go along with them.

Thanks @AuroraBoreallis :) is that a maxis-made one or a gallery made?

• AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 Chez Llama is a Maxis made one that comes with your game ... Check in "your library" it should be there ... That is where I found mine ... Glad I could help ...
    Love your avatar, @AuroraBoreallis <3

edited August 2019
    @Jendowoz0612 - to answer your first question, no I do not have my stories written out anywhere. I was doing that for a bit with a different challenge and it kind of took me out of the game a bit. But thank you, that's very sweet. I'll check yours out!

Also, I second what the others said about experimental food! Chez Llama is already in your library for you to place or you could get another restaurant from the gallery... OR you could modify other restaurant menus to serve experimental food.

What I usually do in a new save is occupy either or both Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade with restaurants and other retail lots. Newcrest usually will have spas, a gym, a nice park, community pool, restaurants, a bowling alley, some cafe's, etc. Mag Promenade I'll usually put in a couple of shopping areas and maybe a club (regular/comedy).

I really utilize the gallery for all this because I am not much of a builder myself. There are some absolutely stunning builds out there. I personally play without CC (except replacement eyes/skin) so the gallery is an incredible resource for me to find lots without any CC that also fit the style of my game or the look of the worlds in which I'm placing them.

I hope this helps! :blush:

**ETA: Also just note that your Sim needs to have at least a level 5 (I believe) cooking skill to learn a lot of those recipes. At least the experimental foods. I'm assuming this is for your first gen so they probably DO have a high cooking skill but just as a reminder! :)**
    edited August 2019
    What I usually do in a new save is occupy either or both Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade with restaurants and other retail lots. Newcrest usually will have spas, a gym, a nice park, community pool, restaurants, a bowling alley, some cafe's, etc. Mag Promenade I'll usually put in a couple of shopping areas and maybe a club (regular/comedy).

Now that is a great idea putting the restaurants and other community lots in Magnolia Promenade, I hardly ever use that world. Thank you, @storyy then I can use all the lots in the world I'm in for the different generations.

Now that is a great idea putting the restaurants and other community lots in Magnolia Promenade, I hardly ever use that world. Thank you, @storyy then I can use all the lots in the world I'm in for the different generations.
    @Jendowoz0612 That actually reminds me of another fun thing I like to do - each heir, when they're ready to separate from their parents, moves to a different world! Gianna started in San Myshuno since that's the hub for new foods, and she opened her restaurant in that warehouse that was made into a residential lot. Viola moved to Del Sol Valley to become a world famous musician/DJ. Her daughter Mira moved to quiet Willow Creek where she met Duane Talla (from Sulani and now a YA). It's perfect because I wanted the Ol' Gabby gen to move to Sulani, so I think the perfect inspiration for that will be that they are half Sulanian (is that right lol?).

I think one reason I get bored of other challenges is because you have to stay on the same lot the whoooole time. I like to switch it up :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I had no idea the experimental food came on different colored plates than all other foods!!! :O thanks for mentioning that! @Pebblycat !!
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I have started this challenge @Jendowoz0612, I hope I can keep it going. I only tend to get through a few generations of legacy challenges :#

That’s how I remember which ones they are @Shadami :)

I also noticed, not sure if anyone else had this problem, but there seems to be a bug when framing the photographs of the experimental dishes. When framing them they all revert to one of the dishes (can’t remember which one). So I got them back by using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    Yes I noticed that also. @Pebblycat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top