Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only Time Will Tell - Casting Call for Generation 2

SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
Hello all! Early Civilization (generation 2) will be here shortly so I'm in need of new blood!
Please keep in mind this is a history challenge, so I will only be using Sims with an Early Civilization background. If you're not sure, feel free to ask or simply leave the details about the sims country origins out.
Submit as many as you wish!
  1. I will most likely be changing hair style, clothes, etc to fit my own needs, but I may leave it alone if you wow me enough. I will also be aging them up and down as needed
  2. "Breeder" preference is totally up to you, but some Sims I need will have a specific orientation and gender
  3. I need only a few Main Sims (most will be current family members) but I do need a mass amount of background characters!!

* 2 love interests for Male Heir
1. Innocent, friendly, caring. From a wealthy/important family of your choosing
2. Stubborn, strong-willed, doesn't easily show her good heart. This Sim will start out as a slave, you can make her background anything you wish

* Love interest for Heirs male sibling (please include family story on this one if you decide to submit)
1. Shy, quiet, naïve. From a wealthy/important merchant family

* Gods/Goddesses (I may or may not use them in the story)

* Slaves (not all will be used but most will get a small appearance)

*Families from Town
I need a wide variety, most will get a small appearance. Number of family members is up to you

Here is a list of all submissions at this time.
Post edited by Sarahkay on

Comments

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I've created a god for submission...

Name: Garm, God of Hedonism
    Bio: Garm is the god of Hedonism, Debauchery, Music, & The Arts. He is revered by creative sims & those that want to party. With this reputation he is also known as a trickster god to many (and is the embodiment of evil to some sims). Also, being a god originally from the northern lands makes Garm one of 6-9 Gods of War for the sims that worship him.
    Note: Garm can be found in the gallery using #OnlyTimeWillTell #GodofHedonism
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    @VanPelt81
    Is he based off a real god? There's a god in Norse mythology named after him however he's more closely related to chaos than anything. In any case, thank you for the submission. :)
    He is loosely based off of Loki (with some Caligula thrown in to make his backstory interesting).
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I wonder if Kastor counts as a submission? :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I wonder if Kastor counts as a submission? :smiley:

I actually have him in another story! It's just taking me a while to get enough of the plot worked up to make it public. My mind tends to wander back to this story. :#
    edited July 2018
    Hehe @Sarahkay I'm looking forward very much to that story then but that also means I can still submit a sim here >:)

ouckuc.png

Name: Nazanin of Assyria (which means sweetheart, lovely or delightful)
    Adult traits: (because she's a teen atm) Romantic, Materialistic, Art Lover
    Bio: As daughter and only child of a rich Assyrian merchant in Akrotiri, Nazanin has everything she needs and could possibly wish for. She herself doesn't think much about where the luxury surrounding her has come from and is highly interested in other social classes - from a certain distance, of course. Speaking to a peasant? Exciting! To a scribe? Enlightening! Passing a beggar? Inspiring, but scary. Living like middle class? An adventure, but only for a day. Nazanin will soak everything in that has to do with "different" of what she is used and will be sincerely interested since she is a kind and caring young woman. And yet she is used to a certain standard and once that would be taken from her, she would have a very hard time to get used to the new situation.
    However, her love of the unfamiliar and new originates from her parentage, too. While her family still celebrates the customs of their homeland, she has grown up in Greece and seen more of their culture than her parents will ever do - effect of isolating themselves from society. However, it's not so easy to live as close relative to a wealthy foreigner because everyone knows their greed and wiliness!
    Note: You could also make her the merchant's wife, or an Assyrian slave, or... whatever comes up in your mind :D
    Link: for convenience, because she comes with quite some cc, here
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney Actually, I already have an idea of the role Nazanin would fit very well with the her backstory! Especially since she is currently a teen and I wont need to age her back, haha!
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    jRFt4ht.png
    Name: Lingyue
    Traits: Loner, Good (currently a teen)
    Bio: Lingyue is a quiet, kindly girl who suffers from generally poor health. She is the only child of her mother's second marriage, the result of an early death on the first husband's part and a need to further her financial status with a second husband. The second marriage was scandalous due in part to the man in question being far from their ancestral homelands and foreign in every sense. However, he came with ships, goods, and connections which is all it took. Thus Lingyue was born to a father whom she has never seen and a controlling mother with little interest in maternal love. It wouldn't be a stretch to say her mother is ashamed of her, fathered by a foreigner and possessing a weak constitution. Despite this, she cares deeply for her mother and seeks to fulfill her numerous demands. Her point of origin is intended to be China.

Y1z8hKs.png
    Name: Ghadana Parthia
    Traits: Hot-Headed, Loves the Outdoors (currently a teen)
    Bio: Ghadana is the only child of two doting parents. Their family hold a decent position in society and she wanted for very little through her life. She is outspoken with a delicate temper and this gets her into more trouble than she'd care to admit. She wishes to travel and sail but it is the one thing her parents refuse her on. The closest she gets is accompanying her father as he works, managing the haphazard ports and trading where they live. Her point of origin is intended to be the Ancient Near East, specifically Armenia.

I've got them uploaded to the gallery under the hashtag OnlyTimeWillTell. Lingyue does use more CC than Ghadana and if you're interested in anything particular, I can share/link it for you. Lingyue comes with her mother and Ghadana has both her parents as well. I've enjoyed reading your history challenge so figured I'd try to contribute!
    6riwm5.png
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    I recently made this sim for a challenge on the forums:

"Awaking in September, Olive is one of the goddesses of fall harvest. Although her brothers and sisters embrace a more authoritative attitude, she loves spending time on Earth. She frequently walks with her bare feet to feel more connected to mother nature. While she loves being what she is, she cannot help but feel a longing for a mortal life. This longing has become a part of her, and she embraces the gloominess. Sometimes she catches herself daydreaming about having a family with a mortal, yet knows she must not abandon her duty."

42355186791_21142ec61c_k.jpg
    edited May 2018
    @littlemissgogo thank you! They both have very interesting back stories!
    @AspenSims She is gorgeous!! I'm not sure how she will fit into the story, but hopefully I can find a spot
    Just wanted to give you all a heads up! Casting call will close on the 14th of this month. I'm almost done with staging and will begin casting (or re-dressing) very soon. :)
    I'd like to remind everyone that you have no max amount of sims you can submit. The more there are, the happier I will be!
    Ooops, is it already that time? There's still one submission haunting my gallery, hope she can be finished by this afternoon. She's meant to for the slave-love interest for the male heir but it's completely okay if she won't make it :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited July 2018
    2lw7n2q.png

Name: Daphne the Handmaid
    Bio: Born as a slave into a wealthy Greek family, Daphne could call herself lucky that she wasn't sold but raised there. Growing up she became quite a challenge for the masters sometimes with her reason-driven and almost eloquent character. However, as an adult she may not have changed so much but has learned to keep her mouth shut as is appropriate for a slave. (Please do not confuse her outspokenness with that she'd condemn the institution of slavery - she has grown up in the belief that the gods determine which mortals are slaves and which are masters. She does submit to her owners and knows they rather treat her well!)
    When her body and face began to change in puberty, her mistress found that she was beautiful - well, at least more beautiful than herself who had seen almost two decades more than the girl. To keep her husband away from the potential threat, she claimed Daphne as her personal handmaiden. Thus it came that from that day on, the young woman spent most of her time in the women's quarters and while that life has done her good, she still had to endure the one or the other injustice by her aging mistress who becomes more bitter with each moon that passes by watching her husband's attention directed onto younger women. And while Daphne is the only one who always has to carry out the more strenuous chores such as fetching water for her mistress's bath, she also pities the old woman and likes to at least see the outside when doing errands for her, in some kind a privilege not many slaves get to enjoy.
    Link: here with cc and skin, but without the default eye replacement

Btw, that necklace she's wearing is her slave mark that she must wear outside. There's also an outfit without it :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited July 2018
    Household: Slave Trader
    Names: Jafar Sahanas (Slave Trader); Nero & Julius Marcelli (Hired Guards); Genghis Tsoros, Aideen Ó Súilleabháin, Uðr Guðjohnsen, Malodia Mashaka, & Harambe Kasongo (slaves)
    Bio: Jafar Sahanas is a world renowned slave trader, exploring all of the known world (and discovering the unknown parts). He returns from his treks with slaves ready for auction. He always has some hired guards with him to help make sure said slaves stay bound.

Jafar's guards are standard punch clock villain mooks only in it for the coin.

As for the slaves, Genghis originates from lands to the east with vast meadows and horse riders, Aideen hales from the isles overcast with fog & rain, Uðr comes from the northern lands of the ice and snow (from the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow) and has a bardic background and worships a certain god of hedonism, Harambe comes from a lush, humid jungle to the south, and Malodia was a last second snag on the way back to the slave traders market. She was fetching water from the river when captured by Jafar's guards.

Can be found under the hash tags #OnlyTimeWillTell #SlaveTrader