Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Story progression to be Brought back?

2...Next

Comments

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I want an option so I can turn on or off which NPC should have progression.
    Story Progression is not that important to me. I love MCCC, but I don't really use its story progression. That being said, I don't mind if EA bring it back, however I wish it'd be easily turned on and off for certain households, like from Manage World mode.

Can you explain your play style if its not important? Do you just only concentrate on 1-2 families how about your interaction with the world? But yes that is why i have put it as an option so you can decide to turn certain household on or off. :) Right not you just do not have the options at all and the mods cannot do anything.

I think that people who chose that they don't want SP, not neccesary think it would make their game worse. Some people probably just don't care, and maybe believe that EA should focus on other, most important features. The other part are probably people who prefer to micromanage their worlds, similar like @AlbaWaterhouse is saying.

My reasoning is somewhere between that. I usually play rotationaly with families I created. They have friends among Townies, but either I don't really care that much about their progression, or if they're special for me I jump into their family every now and then, and make some changes myself.

I also really like TS4 pre-mades, and I like to have them as constant background in my game, so that's why I chose the option to be able to choose certain NPCs for story progression. Yet, I kind of doubt that EA would give as such toggle. I mean, that's something TS4 has a problem with, and I feel that if we got the official SP, it'd be either turned on for everybody or turned off for everybody. I understand your idea of giving options, but it doesn't really look like they do things like that (see vampires for example). It also could be the reason why people don't really want such feature.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't want any of it.
    update
    no-entry-sign.png

To those who have voted NO

Please to those who don't want it explain why will it be so bad or unhelpful? Or how will it ruin your game? Why don't you want NPC to run their own lives so you can be excited too discover what they have been up too? Is visiting your friends in real life dull and very bad? That is how SHOCKED I am with out any good explanation?

Do you know it can improve the quality of your game play? Have any of you played games where NPC had real activities instead of random generated ones?

I don't think story progression is bad. I just don't play that way. I know other simmers enjoy it and I wouldn't mind an option to have it on as long as there remains an option to keep it off.

I play with aging off and tell my own stories. I don't want the game to take over that aspect for me pure and simple. I play a mini god there and no one is able to make major life changes or grow old or die without my say so. I also play very differently with ever save. Not all worlds are happy, happy.. everyone get's married and has kids, goes to work and then gets old and dies. I personally find that boring pretty quick.
    My stories often have elements of major control .. such as alien invasion or a master vampire finding his bride. I'd be pretty upset if I went to the victim/brides house and she was already married with kids. I do genetic challenges where I only want my little people to breed with who I want them too. Period. I might have save games with only certain types of relationships, either because it amuses me or I have some over arching story where this is the "law". I can go on believe me...
    I don't appreciate being told that this way of playing would improve my game by the way. I apologise for this for some reason your choice of word set me off. So edited.
    I know how I like to play and I do enjoy my game very much. I don't want to take away your way of playing either. Right now you have to do it through mods. I wouldn't mind if it were officially added to the game but I want an out option if it ever is. To add in story progression would ruin my game not enhance it.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    All the options of 1,2,3,4,5
    I don't get the current majority opinion of not wanting this at all. No one's saying that it shouldn't be able to be, you know, turned off. And the franchise has a lot of different players. A lot of them play legacies or other generational games where NPC progression is necessary.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2018
    Story progression would be nice...if we had some real, in-depth options in addition to more "broad strokes" options for everything from marriage to population growth to which sims the game is and is not allowed to progress (on both a large and small scale) on its own. I like how MCCC gives us so many options for that sort of thing and I'd love to see it applied officially in the game. After all, the in-game options (population, aging, house filling) are pretty skimpy. Some meatier options would really help bring some additional depth to TS4 for more experienced players while also giving newer players something to tinker with from save to save to keep their experience fresh in each playthrough. A rising tide lifts all boats, and all that jazz.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't want any of it.
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I don't get the current majority opinion of not wanting this at all. No one's saying that it shouldn't be able to be, you know, turned off. And the franchise has a lot of different players. A lot of them play legacies or other generational games where NPC progression is necessary.
    Where in this game anywhere is there a option to "turn off" annoying features be it aliens abductions or alien night at the bar they do not give you any option to skip any feature highly doubt story progression would be the first feature they decide you rule and allow options to opt out of it.

I for one don't care about townies actually wish there was a way to stop them spawning and want to control every aspect of the Sims I create story progression does not interest me whatsoever.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I would like to see it but not if I can't turn it off at any moment of if there is not enough depth to it or it interferes with my rotational play. I want to have the option to choose who can progress/age or not in my game. If modders can do it then I'm sure EA can too if they put the effort into it.
  • Quania2007Quania2007 Posts: 14 New Member
    All the option of 1,2,3,4
    I was shocked that 23% did not want story progression when some consider themselves legacy simmers. I understand why builders wouldn't have a need for it. At least 77% want it so that's not so bad. I have been wanting story progression since the Sims 4 was announced. I like to play with multi-generational families and it gets annoying hoping from house to house or using MCCC update their skills whenever I can. I also miss the newspaper functionality that updated players with the latest events taking place in the neighborhood. They could reimplement that through the social media option on the PC.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I like to have an option to turn progression on or off in the menu.
    I'd like it back for other people and not for me.

Regardless of what they bring back this way, though, it will be "just right" for very few people and I suspect most will continue to mod it to get the options they want.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.