Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about moderation because of the addition of a new CM.

HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
Just a question that I though might be helpful to simmers on the forum.
I'm already seeing tags to the new community manager for moderation purposes. I'm under the assumption moderation is going to stay the same and the CM is more of a go between between EA/the Devs and the community. Not that she can't or won't moderate but it's really a different function than what the moderators do now. Who should we be tagging if there is a question or issue?
Can anyone clarify?
egTcBMc.png

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I guess that the CM is taking over from Drake's role and at some point last year Drake handed most of the moderation responsibilities over to the new EA_ staff who seem to be the ones managing threads and changing user names
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Yes this is how I'm assuming it is and will stay... but you know what they say about assuming right? :D Opps can't say that here.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 Yes this is how I'm assuming it is and will stay... but you know what they say about assuming right? :D Opps can't say that here.

It makes a donkey out of you and me :);)
    I think the same ting is going to happen but I'm sure you'll get an official response :)
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Just a question that I though might be helpful to simmers on the forum.
    I'm already seeing tags to the new community manager for moderation purposes. I'm under the assumption moderation is going to stay the same and the CM is more of a go between between EA/the Devs and the community. Not that she can't or won't moderate but it's really a different function than what the moderators do now. Who should we be tagging if there is a question or issue?
    Can anyone clarify?

Hi all,

That assumption would be correct – the EA Community Forum Team will continue to take care of the moderation. All day to day forum related items (moderation, name changes, forum bugs, forum feedback etc.) should be sent our way!

@EA_Cian , @EA_Lanna , @EA_Leeloo are your dedicated moderators, @EA_Spectre lurks around as a forum administrator and I dabble in just about everything, so if you see me posting some threads don’t be surprised ;) .

There may be other EA_ folk who pop up every now and then (@EA_David and @EA_Mai as an example) to help out as needed.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @EA_Mage Thanks for clearing things up :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg