Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smarten up TS4

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    So.. TS4 was planned to be online but then developed to be an offline game. Still.. how come now after all these stuff packs & updates can we not have brighter sims, sims that can remember, or even sims who act according to the traits they are given?
    I don't want a Sims 5. I don't trust the franchise enough anymore to get roped into buying endless expansion packs and stuff for a game that can't live up to it's name.

Because once the game releases the studio makes most of their money by selling DLC. Funding for Sims 4 was also cut which leaves the studio with fewer hands to devote to the core of the game, at least without seriously impacting their DLC production. We’ve seen how the free updates tackle small areas of the game and usually don’t dig very deep at all when implementing core changes.

I also think that the base engine they have to work with is beyond their programming capabilities either because it’s poorly designed and would require a significant overhaul to change and not break, or because they don’t understand how to change it. When they implement new systems like toddlers or pets we see they can in fact make unique AI when it’s made from scratch, but what’s already there seems to be impossible for them to upgrade or even tweak.