Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please don't add horses to a Farming EP

I'd rather see horses/Pegasus, uinicorn, & centaur get their own horsey pack with stick horsey for kids. Miniature horses that never grow. With all the horse breeds, racing, and actions, it could easily have a game pack by itself.

I want Farming to be fleshed out with machines and real work. If there isn't a buggy/carriage or plow, then horses really don't have anything to do with farming. With farm animals that you get supplies from, things you can do with those supplies(making stuff), fences- electric/barbwire/board with x/falling down stick fence, harvestables, rag dolly, antiques, machines, sprinklers, pre-made barn/build/buy barn parts with spaces you can put supplies or stack till there's no more room. Hopefully not inflated with CAS to the point of limiting the stuff I just mentioned. B):p<3

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I'd rather see horses/Pegasus, uinicorn, & centaur get their own horsey pack with stick horsey for kids. Miniature horses that never grow. With all the horse breeds, racing, and actions, it could easily have a game pack by itself.

I want Farming to be fleshed out with machines and real work. If there isn't a buggy/carriage or plow, then horses really don't have anything to do with farming. With farm animals that you get supplies from, things you can do with those supplies(making stuff), fences- electric/barbwire/board with x/falling down stick fence, harvestables, rag dolly, antiques, machines, sprinklers, pre-made barn/build/buy barn parts with spaces you can put supplies or stack till there's no more room. Hopefully not inflated with CAS to the point of limiting the stuff I just mentioned. B):p<3
    I agree. Horses would be better fleshed out in their own pack . They could do barrel racing, rodeo stuff and or others things having to do with horses. I want to see chickens, pigs, cows, goats and sheep in a farm pack. More crops like corn, grain, hay, etc. I want the animals to be able to reproduce, to be able to sell them, to use as meat, and also to produce things like eggs, milk, have a butter churn, a canning station, farm implements, a tractor, and I would love to see a sewing machine in this pack..... an old one and a newer one....maybe wool from the sheep, or a cotton crop could be used for fabric. This would also be a good place to include off the grid stuff if you want. I would love to see a farm pack!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I absolutely agree with the first two posts and have said basically the same thing on other threads when this comes up.
    Many people who live in a rural lifestyle do use and have horses but they aren't integral to running a farm. If they add them in a farm pack either they and their activities will be lacking or other aspects of actual farm life will be.
    egTcBMc.png
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Horses are not something that can be done in a game pack. They’re way over a game pack’s budget.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I agree. Horses would be better fleshed out in their own pack . They could do barrel racing, rodeo stuff and or others things having to do with horses. I want to see chickens, pigs, cows, goats and sheep in a farm pack. More crops like corn, grain, hay, etc. I want the animals to be able to reproduce, to be able to sell them, to use as meat, and also to produce things like eggs, milk, have a butter churn, a canning station, farm implements, a tractor, and I would love to see a sewing machine in this pack..... an old one and a newer one....maybe wool from the sheep, or a cotton crop could be used for fabric. This would also be a good place to include off the grid stuff if you want. I would love to see a farm pack!
    There are many farm related things to add to it. Horses just has too much to add with it and would really hurt a farming EP. Farming isn't about racing ect., it is about making a living off the land & animals & getting produce from animals.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with the first two posts and have said basically the same thing on other threads when this comes up.
    Many people who live in a rural lifestyle do use and have horses but they aren't integral to running a farm. If they add them in a farm pack either they and their activities will be lacking or other aspects of actual farm life will be.

You can bet it will. EPs aren't what they were in Sims3. Horses have next to nothing to do with farming as in crops and supplies. We don't have cars ect. so carriages wouldn't be viable. They could be used for the plow, but that could be added in if you have the Farming EP. It isn't as if they haven't done that already/put things in if you have so and so pack. Also, for those who do love horses, they would be cheated. CAS would be huge for them, their actions, their supplies, and the jumping ect. they do. It would be way too much for a Farming EP and would bloat it with unrelated stuff. I'm not a horsey person, although I grew up riding them, but if they had the supernatural horses then it would be a have to have EP.

edited May 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Horses are not something that can be done in a game pack. They’re way over a game pack’s budget.

I meant EP pack. I know the animations would be way too much for a pack. :) I had listed it as an EP when I put ideas in other threads. forgot. But, I meant EP because I was hoping mythical horses could go with it.

Post edited by davina1221 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

This.

I meant EP pack. I know the animations would be way too much for a pack. :)

It’s not just making animations. The amount of engineering work is also too much for a game pack. A simple example would be routing. For instance human Sims, cats, and dogs can all turn their bodies around at any place to walk the other way. For horses this isn’t always possible due to space constraints and new routing logic is needed for them. Horses have a lot of these unique behaviors that require significant engineering work.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited May 2018
    Was thinking of something else I wrote earlier about horses EP and mythical horses.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If vampires can fit in a GP, so can horses.

Lol. Vampires and horses are not remotely close. Vampires are nothing more than just regular Sims with a few twists. Even the modding community can make all kinds of occults like mermaids, fairies, sorcerers, etc. because how easy they are to make. Horses meanwhile are an entirely different type of Sims and dramatically more expensive to make.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I say wait and see. they might bring horses in a game pack.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Are you familiar with the cow from TS3 online store? It was a cow, that was confined to a pin with a small assortment of animations and only a handful of interactions with Sims. Like the hamster cage on a larger scale. That is the type of large animal that a GP could introduce. A free roaming horse would require a significant amount of new programming, well beyond what they can use on a game pack.

Lol. Vampires and horses are not remotely close. Vampires are nothing more than just regular Sims with a few twists. Even the modding community can make all kinds of occults like mermaids, fairies, sorcerers, etc. because how easy they are to make. Horses meanwhile are an entirely different type of Sims and dramatically more expensive to make.

Vampires are sims with a few physical tweaks like fangs pointy ears but they had two versions a light form and a dark form. Plus there is a ladder for strengths and weaknesses which altogether took up a lot of data space.

Horses with all the breeds and saddles and bridles plus a buildable barn or stable and fencing along with show jumping, racing and just riding horseback in general also would take up a lot of space.

So, yes, they are different themes but similar in scope.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Vampires are sims with a few physical tweaks like fangs pointy ears but they had two versions a light form and a dark form. Plus there is a ladder for strengths and weaknesses which altogether took up a lot of data space.

Horses with all the breeds and saddles and bridles plus a buildable barn or stable and fencing along with show jumping, racing and just riding horseback in general also would take up a lot of space.

So, yes, they are different themes but similar in scope.

Sorry but nothing you said in your comment suggests that they’re “similar in scope.” And no, whether something “takes up a lot of data space” isn’t what matters. Engineers for example can spend years working on codes that end up taking a negligible amount of space.

And how do you even begin to compare horses and vampires? Vampires are simply just normal Sims with some new CAS assets to make them look slightly different. They have some special interactions with special animations. Some design work went into how their needs, strengths/weaknesses, skill tree, social interactions, etc. work. Adding some new B/B assets and a small new neighborhood that’s all there to it.

Vampires are like making Unicorns after you have already made horses. Horses themselves are actually a new type of Sims altogether like toddlers, cats, and dogs were and they require a ton more work from all disciplines, be it art, animation, design, or engineering.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2018
    I agree. In a farming pack, I would like them to go all out adding farming in the ways you suggested, and expanded gardening, rather than add horses.

I also think horses shouldn’t be a priority with TS4. Sure, you’d be able to care for them as you could a cat/dog, but where would you ride it? From one side of your tiny lot to the other? Or a public area a few feet away? TS3’s transportation system made horses worth making.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Actually I would like horses with farming but only if they can pull a plow and wagon etc. I love playing eco minded and old time. But if not able to do this and only for recreation then definitely on their own. Sk8rblaze lots of people own & ride horses even in cities. They just have to make use of stables & park trails which could be on a larger lot(s).
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2018

Are you familiar with the cow from TS3 online store? It was a cow, that was confined to a pin with a small assortment of animations and only a handful of interactions with Sims. Like the hamster cage on a larger scale. That is the type of large animal that a GP could introduce. A free roaming horse would require a significant amount of new programming, well beyond what they can use on a game pack.

of course I do. I own it.
    I agree game packs are limited.
    that type of item from the sims 3 store could easily end up in a stuff pack, it was premium content.
    if they can make other life states by game pack, it's a possibility.
    what do we know anyway, we don't make the packs they do.

I would happily take,
    horses
    cows
    pigs
    goat
    chicks
    bees

in one pack, but this is the sims 4, where features get drained like a vampire diaries ripper does to a human :#

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member

That cow was stupid! It really is. That stupid cow will only gives you milk, there were a few choices of flavours depending what you fed your cow with but sometimes they refuse to take my chocolate! Other than that, we can play tic-tac hoof with them which I find incredible stupid too! I understand the game was made with a sense of crude humor but this isn't funny to me at all. They could've made the animal in a productive way that closely resemblance what an animal does in real life and how it contribution benefits to the human world, rather than making these animal looks incredible idiotic with limited animation out of the norm behaviours.

The Sims Game
    I totally disagree. I liked the cow and chicken from S3. Yes, they were locked to a barn and coop, but they did what they were meant to do. You have the basic normal actions of milking the cow and collecting eggs from chickens. Plus, each had fun interactions to give the game that quirky style that all sims games should have. If you didn't collect the eggs, they became chicks that could be played with.

And, because they were tied to an object like the barn and coop, they didn't take up space in your family household slots. Not only do I hope for the return of the cow and chicken, but I hope, in a farm pack, that they add several other farm animals for my sims to take care of and collect goods from.

1. Pygmy goats tied to a large rock or object they climb up and jump from and provide milk.
    2. Rabbits in a hutch that can be held and petted by kids up through elders.
    3. Sheep in a shed that can be sheared for wool.
    4. Pigs in a sty that provide pork meat.
    5. Ducks/geese in a pond that provide eggs.
    6. And, maybe just for fun, a donkey tied to a barn that sims can mount and ride around the barn or run the risk of being bucked off into a mud puddle.
    7. Honey bees in a hive box providing honey and wax.

The addition of these animals will make our farms feel full and complete and give our farm sims a lot of chores to do.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    If they give us farming, please give us a world with large lots, no 20x30 lots, PLEASE!
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I might be alone, but I like the fact that TS3 has horses but TS4 hasn't. It makes the games more unique instead of carbon copies of eachother.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    If they give us farming, please give us a world with large lots, no 20x30 lots, PLEASE!

I would love to have small off the grid kind of farms. For a small family that just likes that kind of lifestyle. It should be a good mix of both, a bigger amount of big lots but also some small ones for different type of playstyles.
    It should always be about options.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I'm pretty neutral about it, but if they do add animals, I would hope they would be cows, pigs, etc., that could be sold or slaughtered for meat (in a very, very, rated E way) so that recipes that require meat can be cheaper (kinda like how using your own vegetables makes plates of food cheaper).
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I wouldn't mind also if farm animals were "tied" to an object as long as they are functional enough to produce milk, eggs ect.. and have interactions with. I'd rather they not take up a house slot if possible and I would think a more free ranging animal would... such as a horse.
    egTcBMc.png
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Well, it looks like farming could potentially be the theme of the next pack with the recent teaser that came out. It showed a scarecrow.