March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you thread by JaniHyun

ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
I just wanted to say thank you to someone who tried to gift me(my name is JaniHyun on the Store) an item on the store yesterday. It was a really kind gesture.
Unfortunately I was unable to recieve the item.(there was no download button when I clicked the item so I guess there was an error with the gifting)
But I appreciate your kindness and I just wanted to say a big thank you to you(even tho I don't know your name here on the forums) and I hope that my thank you message reaches you :heart:
Post edited by ItsJanier on

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Does the item show in your Purchase History? If so, you should be able to download it from there.

Try logging off and back on again. Sometimes gifts don't show up as owned until you do.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @MiaSkywalker it does not show up in my Punchase History. I always log off when I'm not using the store so that can't be the issue here. Thank you for the tips tho :smile:
    Do you log off from the website in your browser, or are you talking about in the game? I had meant logging off the site from your browser.

Although if it's not showing up in your purchase history, then chances are the gifting didn't go through. I know that problem has happened off and on over the years, and I don't know that anyone has ever figured out why it sometimes happens.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    That's happened to me a few times. So frustrating. I always felt so bad because the gift-giver wasted their simpoints :c
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @Nomiko13: I don't think the simpoints actually get used in that case. At least, every case I know of where the gift didn't go through, the gifter never lost his/her points. It's just that for whatever reason, the site refuses to allow that gift. Sometimes if you try again in a day - or even a few minutes - it will work. But it's not always obvious that it didn't work from the sender's side, unless he/she looks at him many simpoints are left.
    Do you log off from the website in your browser, or are you talking about in the game? I had meant logging off the site from your browser.

Although if it's not showing up in your purchase history, then chances are the gifting didn't go through. I know that problem has happened off and on over the years, and I don't know that anyone has ever figured out why it sometimes happens.

I log off from the Sim 3 Store site every time because there are other people who uses my PC sometimes.
    Yeah it happened to me once before when another kind person tried to gift me something. In that case I was able to find her from the Forum and let her know that there was a problem with the gifting.

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @MiaSkywalker In my experience, when it's happened to me (attempting to gift and be informed that it didn't send), my simpoints got wasted unfortunately, despite using them to gift others. So I just assumed that happens to others who tried to gift me. :c
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Omg thank you SO MUCH @Mikezumi & @Netzspannung :love: I love those gifts!
    You two are way too kind :heart: