Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch for TS2 Ultimate Collection?

loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
Apparently there is one, from end of April this year. I was wondering if anyone had patched and if it sorts out the graphical issue with the dark square shadows everywhere on Windows 10? I'm reluctant to reinstall and patch if it's not going to make a difference to this.

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    It's not a patch, it's a graphics and settings thing. You can follow these instructions, or look at my tutorial to make sure your graphics settings have been corrected.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    It's not a patch, it's a graphics and settings thing. You can follow these instructions, or look at my tutorial to make sure your graphics settings have been corrected.

OK, thanks, I'll take a look at that. But this Reddit thread suggests there's also a new patch, so I was wondering if the patch did anything to address the square shadows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/8ev3mk/sims_2_ultimate_collection_update/
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

OK, thanks, I'll take a look at that. But this Reddit thread suggests there's also a new patch, so I was wondering if the patch did anything to address the square shadows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/8ev3mk/sims_2_ultimate_collection_update/

I wouldn't know about a new patch, but the black shadows are consistently a problem with newer graphics cards, so I doubt that it's in the patch because they'd have to do a lot of work with making the game recognize a variety of newer graphics cards...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I heard there was a patch. I don't know about it though as I haven't had my game update since I downloaded it, and don't even have Origin installed. I fixed the issues myself. I would rather use a mod to get rid of the black boxes then to trust any updates through Origin. :s
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I heard there was a patch. I don't know about it though as I haven't had my game update since I downloaded it, and don't even have Origin installed. I fixed the issues myself. I would rather use a mod to get rid of the black boxes then to trust any updates through Origin. :s

Yesterday Sims 2 updated randomly for me. Of course, I do use origin since I play other games on it. I think that might have been just another update from being previously installed but there wasn't any notes for it so no idea really. I do know ever since the latest update my game has been running smoother.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »

Yesterday Sims 2 updated randomly for me. Of course, I do use origin since I play other games on it. I think that might have been just another update from being previously installed but there wasn't any notes for it so no idea really. I do know ever since the latest update my game has been running smoother.

I think when I have the time, I'm gonna go ahead, reinstall and hope for the best! I do miss TS2...
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

From what I heard the new update that just came out was supposed to make it more compatible with Windows 10. I don't know how true that is though. Maybe @crinrict knows?