Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get a second urban city

124...Next

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes!! More like the Bronx tbh, abandoned homes, street litter probably. A city that's kind of shabby but not all that perfect, but great!

Amen. I'm ready for places like that. Even though players can use cc to build that kind of lot, they always stand out like sore thumbs because all of the worlds are just so...perfect.

Edited to add: If they ever give us a world like that, I need, need a pool table again, a couple of one armed bandits. and pinball machines.

MasonGamer wrote: »
    I have a city in mind I'd like to see but what are the odds they'll say " we can do something like that."

I'm essentially building the city in the Game so for me it already exists.
    I just need the skyscraper of my dreams.

538ca026ecad04140421f675-750-563.jpg

where the arrow is pointing to is a penthouse that is editable.
    I think that the team should be able to build something like that. The only question is: will they? There was an almost identical building in TS3. There was a club up there and I added an observation deck.

That old world architecture would be a nice change from what's been in the game so far.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't want another city full of skyscrapers. We have that with San Myshuno and we don't need a repeat and I don't think they would make a repeat even if we wanted it. When they gave (as in free) us Newcrest, people lost their plum because it was only similar to Willow Creek. I doubt they'll make that mistake again.

I want a new city more along the lines of The Spice Market, full of Brownstone type buildings that look a little older, a little run down. There could be a mid range district, a poor, run down district, a warehouse district (lofts and shops) and a renovated district where the yuppies are moving into, each with it's own park to hangout in.

The mid range district could have a large park with a big playground for kids because it's a more established neighborhood for families.
    The poor, run down district could have a group of basketball courts in chain link fences and a community garden for all to share.
    The warehouse district could have skate park.
    And the renovated district could have a walking/jogging park with exercise stations along the way.

I want little corner shops and deli's and a real neighborhood feel.

Edit to add: And the ability to build apartment like we had in S2, not shell buildings.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think it would just be better to allow people to build apartments anywhere and add some animations to the elevator (even just a woohoo option). I like to see other worlds first, like a more tropical/beach world.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I think it would just be better to allow people to build apartments anywhere and add some animations to the elevator (even just a woohoo option). I like to see other worlds first, like a more tropical/beach world.

If we get buildable apartments like I described above, we could build them anywhere.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd love to see some Tokyo-inspired city or a modern Chinatown. A beautiful urban setting with lots of lights, lots of old buildings and lots of dirt too. It would be a great place for shopping, celebrity bars and thieves stealing discreetly.

tumblr_nwos33OsOe1uyw5lto5_1280.png

tumblr_nwos33OsOe1uyw5lto9_1280.jpg

By: ICHOSIM
    Unfortunately, "Chinatown" content is no longer working because many custom content is not up to date. Is broken.

545a7142374337.57cac6aeaa860.jpg

Photo by: Zaki Abdelmounim

tumblr_ohcfcv4I111vqvqeeo1_1280.jpg
    By:Liam Wong

tumblr_p6wg8efeyW1vm8ltno1_1280.jpg
    Xavier Portela

F8594EBEB720E66D9E791493160FC46A6DF1D0F7
    <3
    By: 2814 -Birth of a New Day
    Post edited by Tahabata on
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'd like more apartments, and to be able to have multiple livable floors. So if we could build apartments, that'd fix a lot of it.

I would like another city too tho, maybe a superstar/performing arts type theme as has bee suggested. I'd like there to be dancing and and singing asperations and careers, to go with the skills, as well as different forms of dance. There could be a ballet/opera house, some broadway type theaters, concerts we could actually attend where professional singers and DJs performed, a Gala/Ball type event that was super formal and/or with crazy fashion where sims would ballroom dance and sip fancy cocktails. You could form a band and play music together that was actually cohesive and perform in dive bars and grungy nightclubs. Hell, throw in some kind of fashion career too, with runway shows as another type of performance--I mean, San Myshuno has a fashion district, but what's really "fashion" about it? San Myshuno is great for mingling and having some casual fun, and is very warm and inviting, but I wish there was a city with the vibe of a glitzy concrete jungle where sims were trying to "make it big" or die trying--maybe literally, with bad performances that could result in dying from embarrassment.

But I can see how all this has too much overlap with other packs--can't have bands cause they're too much like groups, can't base things on singing and dancing and DJing cause those came with Get Together and City Living. It's really a shame, cause a lot of the packs feel like they leave the theme incomplete, and then they can't go back later because it would be too similar, and people would be annoyed they have to pay for something they feel like should have gone with a pack they already bought.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I'd be up for it, so long as it had a different feel/theme. A European or Asian city would be awesome. I'd love to see traditional and ancient buildings mixed in with modern towers. Something like Rome or Shanghai.
  • triniwaytriniway Posts: 16 Member
    San Myshuno introduced apartments, great festivals and features. It would be so cool to have another city and maybe it could be combined with a futuristic theme (build mode items, outfits, body mods). How about a cyberpunk version? Flying vehicles, robots NPC or playable that have new "abilities" and traits, police AI NPCs could be added. I'd love having a driving skill among these and visual upgrades on vehicles would be amazing
  • MikeytMikeyt Posts: 42 Member
    I would love a new city world. My dream city would be a mix between New York City and London. You could have one district with big, tall skyscrapers and another with smaller brownstone, Victorian townhouse architecture.

One thing that I think is vitally important is that the neighborhoods have more spaces to build community lots. San Myshuno feels so restrictive as a city due to the low lot count outside of apartments.
  • SaskaSaska Posts: 9 New Member
    I agree with the Chinatown suggestion by @Tahabata, and all of the pictures kind of made me think of Blade Runner a little bit, so I'm also seconding @LeGardePourpre with the cyberpunk city suggestion!

Overall I think all of the cities should be very different from each other, it would be much more interesting that way. So getting a second urban city seems like an interesting thing to ask, but only if it has nothing to do with San Myshuno IMO
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    I'd love to see a city like Bridgeport with the addition of celebrities and late-night content. There's not much in TS4 in the way of night life. On the other hand, I'd also love to see a rural world with farms and windmills.