Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Is Mortimer Goth Mean To My Sims?

mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
So I recently got the sims 2. So what happened on two separate occasions involved Mortimer Goth randomly going into my sims homes without their permission and then picking fights with them. Why does he do this?
Also, I’ve had a similar issue with this involving Beau Andrews from TS3 except he always stalks my female Sims and Mila Munch in the sims 4 Get Together always calling my sims to join her club. Why are they doing this?!
Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Was the Sim they pushed looking out of the telescope shortly beforehand?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Your Sim got caught spying on the neighborhood Sims. :flushed:
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

My Sim’s hubby frequently uses the telescope. So that could be a possibility.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    RaeSimlish wrote: »

There is usually one main "telescope slapper" in a neighborhood - the game I think is supposed to pick a sim to spy on randomly, but like most parts of the game, it fails to be actually random. It's usually the sim with the first instance number in the neighborhood.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    RaeSimlish wrote: »

There is usually one main "telescope slapper" in a neighborhood - the game I think is supposed to pick a sim to spy on randomly, but like most parts of the game, it fails to be actually random. It's usually the sim with the first instance number in the neighborhood.

This is true. I play mostly in Strange Town and the one main sim it seems to stalk is one of the scientist across the street. This happens is river blossom too with the sim the looks like Roddy Piper. Lol
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    In Veronaville it's always Consort Capp, except when Consort is spying himself - then it's Patricio Monty.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Telescope#The_Sims_2 - This links to some more info and a list with all shovers for all premade neighborhoods.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Your Sim was spying on Mortimer. If you pay attention you can see in your Sim's thought bubbles what he sees. A bush, tree, building, etc. etc. and a Sim. The one who comes over to fuss or slap your Sim is always the first family of the neighborhood. If you start a new hood (custom) then your first household will be the Sims who go over and fuss at someone for spying on them. 'Look Through' is not the same as at night. Your Sim is a peeping tom. ;) joking.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Your Sim was spying on Mortimer. If you pay attention you can see in your Sim's thought bubbles what he sees. A bush, tree, building, etc. etc. and a Sim. The one who comes over to fuss or slap your Sim is always the first family of the neighborhood. If you start a new hood (custom) then your first household will be the Sims who go over and fuss at someone for spying on them. 'Look Through' is not the same as at night. Your Sim is a peeping tom. ;) joking.

That’s what I vividly remember her spouse doing..
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    One of my best Sims 2 memories! When I first started playing Sims 2 - Mortimer ran over and was yelling at my sim child and I was like what is going on? - what does he have against my sim child? - big ol' meanie! It was much later I finally found out it was from looking through the telescope during the day. Now I often have my Sims do it on purpose!
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Your Sim got caught spying on the neighborhood Sims. :flushed:

Wow, I did not know it was because of this and I've had a lot of incidents were someone rushed into the house to fight with my sim. I just thought the neighbour was a trouble maker.