Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turning the IF into a sim

Which skill should be maxed out to make the serum? Isn't logic? One of my sims has their logic maxed out and still can't get the correct potion. Can't you find a red gem of some sort to do this as well?

any other ways? which one is the fastest?

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2018
    Quote from the Imaginary Friend sims wiki page:
    If a Sim has 8 or more points in Logic and owns the Catalyst Chemistry Lab Station, they can create the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion, which will turn an Imaginary Friend into a real Sim. The potion can also be acquired through an in-game opportunity at the Science lab if a Sim's relationship with their Imaginary Friend is at best friend. To complete this opportunity, a Rainbow Gem must be found and delivered to the science lab, after which the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion can be bought for §4500. After having created or bought the potion, the 'Offer to Make Real' interaction will no longer be grayed out when interacting with an Imaginary Friend, allowing the player to give the potion to them and turn them into a real Sim.

It took me a while for one my sims to discover the potion and by that time, the opportunity popped up instead. I found a couple of rainbow gems... dog with hunting skill & minor object.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2018
    While the potions seem to be gated by logic skill, actually discovering them is random. If your sim has maxed out logic, then it's just a time sink. Still, IMO discovering the potion is easier and possibly faster than finding a rainbow gem.

In addition to the suggestions above...If you have World Adventures you can often get rainbow gems from exploring tombs, or just collecting gems in the WA worlds if your sim has the Collection Helper. Or, if the sim has completed the Timber Terminator skill challenge from the Martial Arts skill, then breaking space rocks can get you one. If the sim has completed the Body Builder skill challenge of the Athletic skill they won't fatigue out when breaking boards.

If the sim is old enough and time is an issue in the homeworld, I'd send the sim to university for a single class. Then have the sim spend most of the term at the chemistry station, or mining, or breaking boards, or gem collecting (although I don't recall if those normally spawn in the university world).
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    thanks !