Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Fashion Plate ♥ Modelling Comp ♥ Finals Done & Closed ♥

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @lisabee2

Looks gorgeous, Lisa. You nailed the Casual sporty I think.

T @Jendowoz0612 .. I was worried for sure .. sometimes those limbs I climb out on are kinda thin <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2

The "snipping tool", Lisa is a fantastic little tool too, and it comes standard with windows. Right click on Windows start, and Search for it and it will come up.

OHH I have never heard of it .. I need to go check it out .. TY Jen <3 Do you shoot in windowed mode then?

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @Jendowoz0612 I am so not being funny when I tell you that you just CHANGED my life! As a FB group admin, I have to screen grab lots of stuff in my group .. and it is tedious and time to time I just blow it off .. I am about to go bring light to my admin mod team <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2018
    @lisabee2

I always use Windowed/full screen Lisa.

You will find that the snipping tool will be the very best little gadget to use for so many things like that. Yes just need to drag over any part of the screen and it takes a shot. It can be varied in shape, size whatever, it's brilliant. It also has the option to write on the snip and highlight and so many other useful little things.

From what I understand Windows is replacing it but I don't know when, but it will be a tool that does the same things apparently. Probably even better.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

@lisabee2

I always use Windowed/full screen Lisa.

You will find that the snipping tool will be the very best little gadget to use for so many things like that. Yes just need to drag over any part of the screen and it takes a shot. It can be varied in shape, size whatever, it's brilliant. It also has the option to write on the snip and highlight and so many other useful little things.

From what I understand Windows is replacing it but I don't know when, but it will be a tool that does the same things apparently. Probably even better.

That is pretty awesome.. I learn something new every day and sometimes (like today) is it totally FAB!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @lisabee2 -- LOL Yes Well......... Google Is Always My Best Friend.... Spot On....She Looks Amazing! <3<3<3

@Sc3niX -- Could You Post An In Game Shot Here..... SO I Can See What You Might Be Talking About ... Darling? @Vanadis Is Right Too Though Your Graphics Card ( Which With Sims You Don't Need A Super Great Graphics Card For Screen Shots ) But Does Matter ..... Just Curious To See Your In Game Shot To See What Your Talking About...... <3<3<3:) And With All High Settings With Your Game Settings .... :):):) I Wouldn't Think It Would Be Grainy.... :s;)<3

@Jendowoz0612 -- Introduced Me To The Snipping Tool When I Was Doing Scoring In My First Comp With Excel!!!! And Being The Wonderful Friend She IS..... *Wink* ( Love Ya JEN ) She Walked Me Through How To Do The Scoring! <3<3<3

Now I USE That Tool A LOT!!!! SUPER HANDY!!! :):) BUT I Never Thought About Using It Windowing SIMS.........I Wanna Try That To See If Maybe The Pixels ARE BETTER With In Game Shots..... Might Be Something You Could Try Too @Sc3niX <3<3<3

YES Lisa!!! @lisabee2 Snipping Tool Will Be Another Best Friend For YOU........ LOLZZZZZZ :D:D<3<3
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited September 2018
    So:
    garbFwP.png
    and
    SUULwep.png

You'll see the moment you zoom in on these photos that they start to pixelate.
    jfDciHS.png

My Graphics card is a 970 as well so literally one generation lower than the 1070 :)

EDIT: Don't know why the images don't wanna show. Just right click and open on new tab please :)

And thanks to all who did reply, I did use the snipping tool its still pixelated. I tried Lightshot as well. I use photoshop to edit as well. So im not sure, I just cant seem to zoom in on the photo like other people do.
    Post edited by Sc3niX on
    edited September 2018
    In that case then it's likely to be your graphics card, @Sc3niX
    Or...Do you know how to split up your photo to make a bigger image? That can help too and /or adjust the pixels higher?

@MizoreYukii has a good tutorial about making the image lather by piecing together partners of images into one larger one.

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @Sc3niX I remember someone telling me about this issue but she was able to fix it, I think it was @kittymeow?

Is Uncompressed Sim Textures on in your game settings? And Laptop Mode is off?
    cfzqOls.png]

And you'll probably have to do combined images in order to make them bigger and have better quality, like Jen was saying. The tutorial is here, but it is old and I'm currently rewriting it, lol.

As for the images, make sure to select BBCode, not the image link.
    dUINwcZ.png
    edited September 2018
    @MizoreYukii
    So these are my settings:
    xeUScXZ.png

@Jendowoz0612
    I really don't think its my graphics card, I can run any game at max graphics, and I'm a graphic designer so I constantly work with high res images. :(

I think for now Ill have to combine my images.

EDIT: I've noticed though that my older screenshots from sims is about 4mb big per photo, just seems like the latest ones are smaller under 1mb?
    edited September 2018
    No your right that doesn't seem to be a graphics card issue. Maybe thinks in Sims itself have changed then, @Sc3niX because I've noticed the same thing, the quality of in-game shots do seem to be different somehow..

• gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 100 Member
    Mock Assignment: Sporty Casual

LZR3C6Kqbj5m-s0yLccReHn2VmQU8J299btPCY8ll3zQcFQWalCylGcePj7aF1PhZUeF4kEBw1vWu_VuvtoYYTDrkZGuVawp3e_M9kbUkNAwJILfwf3cf16uxuowXQ0gRyJxpJGBC4hSLTffKFrG2Oj6pdhA54BaamoY-Zfr1QEa3QepfsS2f9eKQMSQQn6ScSuEZccd1hbGnKlB57AvtEu6m0pKWHFj776whrZpqqB_AP-_5UjWF66R8AaIPcSBVr8N4DU4zbDEt3JJhDxteDFlcAafX4yjNigl6fo4AUVJx7Pl8osoqTFea5IJUc-DoUnarSS4Btbo7D-3a-TToJIekZHSFoYE3rVrIiRbGeBuyActTEsI6Ck8Wquup0CXHN8XMsO74Ldrelu3PWA8rn0JIkvEn9XW-6kjZAvihoAofgF6I_Y3ub9GXot-N7OcG4ho631pb6Y85SsfVCB0e-iWOgdgV0HutBhjyMCjH4XtEKp1MGUYGd6MNASD6RJ4WsfPZtPoTILTi4ml1e6EEMMGoJUJD1MEuIfHbDO8M38WVAmZpFvaRgBTDKXZNttJC9-wTkgyiLcHhV5PZrrXC6PzgTNlJjaVW825v6w9S8BhO7wUG8MYNmNLSPdfIyU=w634-h943-no
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
    Was Reading All Of This My Graphics Card Is A 5500 Which Is NOT High End @Sc3niX Here Is A Recent Screen Shot

qwbCiZk.png
    cclRoQY.png

Also I Was Thinking ( Dunno If It Matters ) Check Your Sizing For Your Screen Shot ........ I Just Looked At Mine It Was On Medium So Changed It To Large.... Not Sure If The Pixels Change Or Not With Your Shot Size.......

Thanks @gardenGothic --- Fantastic!!!!!! <3<3<3
    edited September 2018
    @Vanadis
    Do you use the in-game camera? I've seen people who use print-screen and then edit out the UI (or use a cheat to hide the user interface in the first place.) A lot of people also use FRAPS for screen-shotting. GreenShot is a good, free and open-source screenshot tool that I use in Sims 2. Sims 3 I use the in-game camera, but Sims 4 I use the in-game camera and don't have the quality issue. It could be your graphics card. I have a 1070 card so a fairly good one. I'd try print-screen or a screen-shot program and see if it's any different. The in-game camera in Sims 4 isn't really all that optimized to be honest.

So what is the deal with the UI settings in Sims 4, Vana? What does it do? Should it be checked or unchecked for in-game shots?
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Sporty Casual
    2Tr82gl.jpg

@Jendowoz0612 I actually found a thread where they stated that the in game screenshots are producing at a lower quality. Its a bug apparently that the guru's are working on fixing for the next patch.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Mine actually seemed okay today when i took a closeup but the moment i try to do a full body shot it just blurs out.

So I basically just took multiple screenshots and combined them together in my assignment. Hope its okay :)
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help :) Im just happy that you can see my sims freckles in this photo <3
    @Sc3niX this shot looks absolutely fine even in the close up.

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    @Vanadis
    Do you use the in-game camera? I've seen people who use print-screen and then edit out the UI (or use a cheat to hide the user interface in the first place.) A lot of people also use FRAPS for screen-shotting. GreenShot is a good, free and open-source screenshot tool that I use in Sims 2. Sims 3 I use the in-game camera, but Sims 4 I use the in-game camera and don't have the quality issue. It could be your graphics card. I have a 1070 card so a fairly good one. I'd try print-screen or a screen-shot program and see if it's any different. The in-game camera in Sims 4 isn't really all that optimized to be honest.

So what is the deal with the UI settings in Sims 4, Vana? What does it do? Should it be checked or unchecked for in-game shots?

UI stands for User Interface. It's basically the thing that has your sims' picture, the wants/needs, clubs, those menus. If you're taking a shot with the in-game camera, it automatically takes the pic without the UI. If you're using a screenshot program or the snipper, you want to turn off the UI at least temporarily to get more screen real estate and not have to edit out the fact that Bob Pancakes has to pee, essentially.

So the toggle UI makes it so you can't see the pic, needs, etc menu, and if you toggle it back, you can.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    @Sc3niX this shot looks absolutely fine even in the close up.

Thanks! I did chop her up into 6 pieces :)
    Awesome shot, @Sc3niX ! Glad you were able to figure something out! Sorry I couldn't be more help; I don't model with Sims 4 so all I had to go on was what I've done in gameplay :/
    I'm somewhere between
    @Vanadis

Thank you, Vana, it helps to know these things, thank you so much. You always seem to know the answer to the most obsure questions, love that about you. You probably read a lot more than me about such things. LOL :D

@Jendowoz0612 Aww you're too sweet. I've been playing Sims since the day the first one came out and I have picked up a lot.
    I'm somewhere between
    edited September 2018
    So have I but don't seem to know as much as you, my friend. ;) Mind you I probably should get into the game again a play for a while as I get so many ideas about gameplay challenges which are fun too.

I'm actually playing an alphabet legacy in Sims 4 but I haven't opened the game in months x.x But I am on gen 2, the B generation! Except they can't afford their bills lol so they scab hot dogs from the park down the street XD
    I'm somewhere between
    SO Happy You Got It All Figured Out... Darling Sorry I Couldn't Help LOLZZZZ @Sc3niX <3<3<3

My Favorite Challenge Is Rags To Riches..... Where They Start Out With 0 Money With That Money Cheat..... So They Fish Or Whatever To Make Money And Sell Everything They Catch Etc.... :):) I Haven't Played The Legacy Ones As Of Yet....... @Vanadis <3<3<3
    Vanadis wrote: »
    I'm actually playing an alphabet legacy in Sims 4 but I haven't opened the game in months x.x But I am on gen 2, the B generation! Except they can't afford their bills lol so they scab hot dogs from the park down the street XD

LOL Love it!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger