Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selection Challenge [CLOSED]

Welcome everyone! I am here to announce that I will be hosting my very first Selection! I've read all the books, so I do know the nature of how it all works. As for the rules, I'll be referring to this list. Since this is my first time hosting a Selection, I'll be following the 'lite' set of guidelines, which means I will only be accepting six women to compete for the Prince.

RULES& GUIDELINES:
* All rules from the link above will remain the same.
* You may use Maxis Match custom content (including clothes, hair, shoes, accessories, etc; however, NO makeup or eyes please).
* I do NOT have all of the packs for this game. The ones I do not have include include Spa Day, Vampires, Back Yard Stuff, Bowling Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Vintage Glamour Stuff. Sorry for the inconvenience!
* Remember! Your sims are competing to become The Queen and capture the Prince's heart, so dress your sims accordingly! This means formal attire, natural hair tones, etc.
* Stay active with the story please! I would really like to see how everyone reacts to the plot!

APPLICATION:
    Gallery ID:
    Name:
    Hometown: [one from the Sims 4]
    Caste: [if you are unfamiliar with this, please refer to this page for reference; you may not be a member of Caste One!]
    Aspiration & Traits:
    Description:
    [try to be specific! you could include their likes/dislikes, pet peeves, relationship with their parents, a former experience, etc.]
    List of CC: [do not forget to add the link! and only maxis match is allowed!]
    Skills: [you may choose two skills for your contestant to begin with (I will start them at level five); stay consistent to your sims background (if your sim is from Caste Five, she might have a high violin or painting skill, or if they are from Caste Seven, they might have a high gardening skill]

some pictures of your sim would be nice also!

PRINCE

Prince Carter Addington has come of age and is ready to find his soulmate! He is active, romantic, and most importantly, family oriented!
    2rw5kp5.jpg

CONTESTANTS:
    1: Violet Watson @Sonschi
    2: Alison Greentree @Kamio
    3: Farrah @kittymeow
    4: Elvira duMaurrier @VanPelt81
    5: Cacti Rosebud @SoulGal7
    6: Annabelle Glow @irishsong22
    If you have any questions, don't afraid to ask! Thank you all for visiting!
    Post edited by ilibbygwenwilliams on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
      Oooooooh! Yes please!!! I am out all day but have the perfect sim in mind to submit!! Eep!
      Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
      edited April 2018
      qTDEwzE.png
      Gallery ID: snuffi14
      Name: Violet Watson
      Hometown: San Myshuno
      Caste: Caste Three
      Aspiration & Traits: Big Happy Family; Family Oriented, Outgoing, Clumsy
      Description:
      Violet grew up in San Myshuno in lower middle class. She has no sibblings and her mother has raised her all by herself because Violet's father already left before she was born. Her mother doesn't like talking about this man so Violet doesn't know anything about her father.
      Growing up, Violet was the girl next door. She wasn't one of the popular kids at school but neither was she an outsider. She had her group of friends and she didn't miss anything.
      She only started dating when she went to college. In her second year she met her ex-boyfriend who broke up with her after they graduated. Until now, Violet doesn't know why he did that. But as it was a few years ago, she doesn't care about it any longer. Her life has went on and she has moved on.
      She works as a teacher in primary school and she enjoys it every day even though it's an exhausting job. Violet loves children so she doesn't mind that she barely has any free time. But one day she wants to have children of her own. Her big dream is a traditional family: getting married to the love of her life, having kids and she wants to stay home with her children until the youngest enters high school.
      The reason why Violet signed up for the Selection is that she is too busy with her job to go out looking for a man. She fears that if she doesn't change something about her love life soon her big dream will stay a dream.
      List of CC: dress hair tights
      Skills: Logic and Charisma
      ddFYuoB.jpg
      Post edited by MissSassy on
      edited May 2018
      2Iu9Wev.png

nbmqj8k.png

Gallery ID: kamiomaxx
      Name: Alison Greentree (Ali)
      Hometown: Newcrest
      Caste: Three
      Aspiration & Traits: Super Parent/Musical Genius ~ Music Lover, Squemish, Good
      Description: Ali comes from a family of wealthy threes. Her dad is the leading brain surgeon in Newcrest and her mother is an Organisational Psychologist - though she was a stay-at-home mum for most of Ali’s young life. Given her parents to very prestigious careers and the expectations of her caste Ali was pressured into following in one of her parents footsteps being the only child in a marriage that seemed to only exist because of her made the decision very hard...but she did end up choosing to follow in her fathers footsteps and study medicine. Things have been a little strained since Ali chose to follow her father's profession and her mother spends most of their time together scrutinising her appearance. Ali is your typical southern belle and never leaves the house without lipstick - at the very least - on. Make up is there to help a woman enhance her beauty and Ali could not image what it would be like to be bare faced. Ali isn't vain...it's just the way her mother raised her and if anything - despite her obvious good looks...Alison does not see herself as attractive let alone beautiful! Ali's dad treats her like a princess and it was him that fostered and treated her love for music with access to violin. If she had choice...Ali would have pursued a career as a professional violinist...but that is reserved for five's...so it will never be anything other than a hobby...something that breaks her father's heart on a near constant basis. It's safe to say that she's her Daddy's Girl.
      List of CC: Sola hair from the Rustic Romance CC Stuff Pack ~ http://simfileshare.net/download/449850/
      Skills: Logic & Violin
      Post edited by Kamio on
    • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
      Oooh reserve me please, I'll get making a sim!
      edited May 2018
      WFYsnaT.jpg

Gallery ID:
      Sophaloaf123
      Name: Farrah Chambers
      Hometown: Windenburg
      Caste: 4
      Aspiration & Traits: Master Chef, Ambitious, Cheerful, Foodie, Essence of flavour
      Description: Since Farrah was a child, her dream has always been to become a well known chef, the best of the best. Her mother is the main reason for this as she would often watch her mother cook delicious meals and felt fascinated by what you can do with food. Right now she is working as a chef at the popular high class restaurant Chez Llama but she is determined to push herself and move up the career ladder, she needs to do this for herself and her mother who happened to pass away when Farrah was only 15. Farrah's father walked out on her and her mother when she was still an infant so she has no memory of him and doesn't care either way. After her mother's passing, Farrah moved in with her Aunt who lived not to far from her home in Windenburg. Despite not having any of her parents, she pushed through and stayed strong with help from her very loving aunt, although she may not have her mother or father she knew that she was loved dearly by those around her.

Farrah is a quirky and cheerful girl, she doesn't let the bad things in life bring her down. Her best friend pushed her into entering The Selection because Farrah is always working too hard and never had a proper relationship before. She may say she doesn't need anyone but truth is she has longed to have someone by her side for quite some time.
      List of CC: Top, Skirt, Hair, Formal, Party
      Skills: homestyle cooking and gourmet cooking

Pl35MU8.jpg

Post edited by kittymeow on
      Just realised I used spa day content for her athletic wear. Ahhh, I will have to change that!
    • ilibbygwenwilliamsilibbygwenwilliams Posts: 40 Member
      @kittymeow You're totally fine! I know it's a little frustrating having to control which packs and such, so sorry about that. But I must say Farrah is absolutely stunning! All the girls look great so far!
      edited May 2018
      @kittymeow You're totally fine! I know it's a little frustrating having to control which packs and such, so sorry about that. But I must say Farrah is absolutely stunning! All the girls look great so far!

Oh it's no bother, I have uploaded her again now with new athletic wear, 2 skills at level 5 and I changed her party wear, you can find in the CC link. :)
      Thank you very much, can't wait to see the rest of the girls to come!

Edit: silly me, I managed to change the clothes but not the spa day hair, you can just change her athletic and sleep wear hair to another tied up style or her casual hair. :D
      Post edited by kittymeow on
      I update Ali's bio and included some pictures! She is now on the gallery and ready to be downloaded!
    • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
      edited May 2018
      Gallery ID: vanpelt81
      Name: Elvira duMaurrier
      Hometown: San Myshuno
      Caste: Caste Five
      Aspiration & Traits: Painter Extrodinare; Crative, Art Lover, Erratic
      Description:
      Elvira duMaurrier comes from a long line of morticians, which means that ever since she was a little girl she encountered death. She developed her painting skills by sketching, drawing, and painting coprses at the funeral home. One day her parents started noticing that she was odd. She told them that there was a man in a casket claiming he wasn't dead. When they checked, the man was dead. Afterwards Elvira has been tormented by this encounter and to this day Elvira claims she can speak to the dead
      Skills: Painting & Photography
      Picture: Link to the Gallery has her picture.
      @Irishsong @SoulGal7 Aren't you Selection fans? ^^
    • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
      @Sonschi - Yes, love it, and am reading The Elite book right now.
      @ilibbygwenwilliams - oh, I didn't see this earlier. I will make a sim for this. I will have up in the gallery by tomorrow.
    • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
      Ooo! Let me submit. I'll be done in a few hours.
      jzZP0sJ.png
      edited May 2018
      APPLICATION:
      Gallery ID: SoulGal7
      Name: Cacti Rosebud
      Hometown:Oasis Springs
      Caste: Five
      Aspiration & Traits: Painter Extraordinaire, Dog Lover, Loves Outdoors & Glutton
      Description:
      Link to Gallery: Cacti Rosebud

Police Report:
      Travel to Oasis Springs desert. Found abandoned hippie bus. Bus seems to have overheated. A couple, Sly & Flower, famed artists in the musical world, have been found DOA. Coroner report confirms death from the elements. Various paraphernalia on board, guitars, bubble blower, colored mosaics, and photos. Photos show small toddler with couple. Toddler is not found in vicinity. A search and rescue mission was done for three days, but no toddler was found. Presumed dead, but a missing person's report was filed.

Social Worker Notes:
      Years later....a young female child was found in the desert seemingly being raised by a she-wolf and her pack. No-one really knows how she came to be here. An old, faded missing person's report was found in the archives about a missing toddler in the same area. The age of this child match the date of when the missing report was filed. Could this be the same child? It is not known if this child is the missing child of the wealthy, deceased Sly & Flower musical group. When the child was found, she was clutching a small flowering cacti, and since her name was not known, we have named her Cacti Rosebud, ward of the state. Since no evidence can be found if she is indeed the missing toddler, she has been made available for adoption. Cacti Rosebud is being adopted today to a couple in Caste 5. The husband is a painter and the wife is a musician. If indeed Cacti Rosebud is from a musical family, she will do well here. Case Closed.

Present Day:
      Cacti Rosebud lives in a small house with her parents. She is an only child. Her mother apparently was unable to have any children and Cacti knows that she was adopted. Before that, she really has no knowledge of who she was or where she came from. All she knows is that she is very fond of dogs. Her mother is a gentle woman and Cacti is a bit headstrong and questions why things are the way they are. Cacti says "it's not fair" a lot, and her mother admonishes that behavior and tells Cacti that she should be thankful for the things she has.

Cacti has taken up guitar recently and often accompanies her mother to events where they perform together. Her mother plays the piano and sings. Cacti has also taken up photography and loves to be in the outdoors photographing people, buildings, gardens, and especially any type of cacti. She brings these photos to her father to use for the marvelous sketches that he creates. Her parents were told of her strange up-bringing and have often thought of finding out Cacti's true identity, but, unfortunately, funds were limited and they barely got by. Today, her mother received a letter in the mail, and Cacti has been chosen to be in The Selection. Her parents tell her it's the chance of a lifetime. Cacti does not know how she really feels about this, but she doesn't like the idea of competing for someone's love and being on display for everyone to see. Cacti will go, for her parents' sake, but she doesn't have to like it.

List of CC: None
      cacti_party_clothes.png

formal_wear.png

Skills: Photography & Guitar - I just realized that she has no skills lol was I supposed to download her with some skills?
      Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
      Gallery ID: Irishsong22
      Name: Annabelle Glow
      Hometown: Windenburg
      Caste: 3
      Aspiration & Traits: Bestselling Author, Cheerful, Creative, Bookworm
      Description: Who does this child belong to? Annabelle appeared at the library counter one day when she was about four, with her wide violet eyes and couldn’t find her mother who had brought her to the library, but never returned to take her back. Puzzled what to do with the small child, the head librarian took her home knowing that stray children and orphans became eights. She wasn’t about to let the small girl have no home.

Annabelle didn’t talk for a week. The librarians didn’t know if she could speak, and everyday when they brought her to the library while they worked she just sat in the corner with a healthy snack and a book for the day and entertain herself. She was rotated amongst the librarians until it was clear that no one was coming back for her. One of the kindly old women amongst the librarians officially adopted her, which was difficult because they wanted to know why she wasn’t registered as needing a home. It too a bit of fudging the papers, but she was from then on in caste 3!

As Annabelle grew, she took on responsibilities of the library, and she has been inspired by the work of the greats. She hopes to write her own book(s) someday, but she’s happy with the here and now. If the prince finds her to be the one, she’ll settle down for sure. Let’s hope they have a big library.
      List of CC: empty, but I use custom eyes. You don’t need them, but she’ll show up modded.
      Skills: Logic, Writing
      ACmwlkL.png
      WuL1NVQ.png
      jzZP0sJ.png
      Looking forward to seeing how this Selection Challenge plays out
    • ilibbygwenwilliamsilibbygwenwilliams Posts: 40 Member
      @Sonschi @Kamio @kittymeow @VanPelt81 @SoulGal7 @irishsong22 Hey everyone! Sorry I've been off for a weird time, it's just that there's two weeks left of school and there's a bunch of projects to do. I'll have the first two chapters up by this week though, don't worry! I spent all last week building the palace, but it's finally ready!
      @ilibbygwenwilliams - don't worry, school comes first. Yes, always the mad rush before school ends! Sheesh! lol
      Take all the time you need, I'm very excited for this! :)

I just filled in Farrah's bio, just realised I had forgotten about it.
      Good luck with the last few weeks of school & those projects.
      Will this selection start or are you too busy for it? :sweat_smile: