Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you actually "beat" World Adventures?

Has anyone tried completing all the adventures in all the countries? Is it possible, or do they just start repeating after a while?

Comments

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I tried, but failed as a dungeon in France bugged out on me.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Has anyone tried completing all the adventures in all the countries? Is it possible, or do they just start repeating after a while?

There are 2 types of adventures. Non-repeatable ones and repeatable ones. The non-repeatable ones are usually part of a multi-quest story arc and require your sim explore tombs at one or more points in the story arc. These adventures will often unlock tombs so they are essentially required if you want your sim to explore all the tombs in the game.

The repeatable ones are simple one-step quests usually having your sim interact with the residents in some way. They don't unlock any tombs although 1 repeatable adventure in Egypt has your sim retrieve a random relic in a random tomb. (IMO) The repeatable adventures are part filler to earn visa points, and are for other active sims (like future generations) to earn visa levels.

I've had sims complete all the non-repeatable adventures in all 3 worlds several times (to complete all collections and explore all tombs). I doubt I've had a sim complete all the repeatable adventures. You'd have to keep track of those manually somehow and I haven't bothered.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I completed one adventure in Egypt, the tombs were easier, the second adventure in France was hard as you have to find sims then find the item or exchange it for something else but it was good gameplay.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    There are 2 types of adventures. Non-repeatable ones and repeatable ones. The non-repeatable ones are usually part of a multi-quest story arc and require your sim explore tombs at one or more points in the story arc. These adventures will often unlock tombs so they are essentially required if you want your sim to explore all the tombs in the game.

The repeatable ones are simple one-step quests usually having your sim interact with the residents in some way. They don't unlock any tombs although 1 repeatable adventure in Egypt has your sim retrieve a random relic in a random tomb. (IMO) The repeatable adventures are part filler to earn visa points, and are for other active sims (like future generations) to earn visa levels.

I've had sims complete all the non-repeatable adventures in all 3 worlds several times (to complete all collections and explore all tombs). I doubt I've had a sim complete all the repeatable adventures. You'd have to keep track of those manually somehow and I haven't bothered.

Ahhh, that was very informative. Thank you.

Do you know if the repeatable adventures can be picked up more than once by the same Sim?

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited April 2018
    If you have 2 visa levels in Egypt, purchase 'tear of horus' from special merchant. It will show the locations of all treasure and tombs in all countries and it will be easier to explore tombs. Also easier to find the hidden doors as well. Also, the adventure board will be bugged after visa level 2, especially in France. Use the Master Controller mod to get the adventure opportunity manually. I was able to complete all tombs with Master Controller mod, otherwise I would never get 'nectary quest' in France. Nraas->MasterController->Basic->Opportunity by category->adventure.

If you have Into the future installed, use jetpack for collecting gems and metals that the residents ask for. It's like no cheat teleport stuff, so you can finish the quests much faster.
    @Jeansoo ...Dang it, I was hoping to do this without mods. It's not that I consider them "cheating" or anything...I just don't like using them for some difficult-to-explain reason.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2018

Do you know if the repeatable adventures can be picked up more than once by the same Sim?

Yes, they can. But usually not more than once per day. One repeatable adventure in Egypt is to take a picture of something (ancient coins, sphinx, mummy, etc.) and deliver it to a resident for a brochure. Once completed that won't show up on the board the rest of the day but will pop up again the next day or the day after. The repeatable ones generally have somewhat random details (who to deliver wine to in France, how much jade to gather for someone in China, etc.).

I've never had an issue with the adventure board in France and I recently learned that was probably due to having the NRaas Traveler mod installed. Apparently the mod has some fixes for adventure board bugginess. I don't usually use MC to give adventures to my sim because it's not always straightforward which adventure is the first in a chain.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    If you have Into the future installed, use jetpack for collecting gems and metals that the residents ask for. It's like no cheat teleport stuff, so you can finish the quests much faster.

What do you mean by "use the jetpack for collecting gems and metals" ? It doesn't automatically pick them up does it? Or did you mean use it to fly to the lot nearest them once you find them?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I just installed the mod that @TreyNutz mentioned, and it actually fixed that bug where my Sim would sometimes look at the Adventure Board and nothing would happen! 10/10 would recommend!
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I have completed all the adventures except the one where your Sim needs to be burned, soaked and cursed. The few times I've actually had a Sim get cursed it was always a Sim who did not have that adventure open. If I tried to accept the adventure that Sim would always end up either defeating the mummy or just fainting without getting cursed...
    KarinL wrote: »
    I have completed all the adventures except the one where your Sim needs to be burned, soaked and cursed. The few times I've actually had a Sim get cursed it was always a Sim who did not have that adventure open. If I tried to accept the adventure that Sim would always end up either defeating the mummy or just fainting without getting cursed...

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on that one and the one that only shows up if you get cursed. I've been working on increasing my MA skill, too, so I don't think I'm going to lose to any more mummies--and if I do, I'll have to be really "lucky" to get cursed. Ah well.

I wonder if you can complete the adventure you mentioned if you get burned and soaked after being cursed? Or do you have to actually get cursed afterward? I'd hope that "being" cursed counts for "getting" cursed. If not, I can't imagine how anyone could complete this adventure without cheating.
    edited June 2018
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Jeansoo wrote: »

What do you mean by "use the jetpack for collecting gems and metals" ? It doesn't automatically pick them up does it? Or did you mean use it to fly to the lot nearest them once you find them?

Oh sorry about finding your question just now..! T,T If you put on the jet pack on your sim's back, he or she is ready to fly anywhere. Just click the spot near the required collect things like gem or metal and choose, "fly here". Then it will carry your sim to the spot. All you can do is just picking up the gem or stone or metal. It takes only a couple of seconds in real time. Then fly to other spot has other gems. For reporting to the resident after finishing the tomb explore, then fly to the front gate of that resident house if he or she is at home. It takes 5- 10 seconds in real time. Then, click 'report'. Sorry for the bad English as I'm not an English speaker. :)
    edited June 2018
    KarinL wrote: »
    I heard that your sim will get burnt if you press the triple speed button while your sim is trying to across the fire trap even though your sim has mastered MA skill and Athlete skill. One of my friend simmers, she was able to complete it on this way.