Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you pay for a Create a World tool?

Comments

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The way these worlds were created, you won't be able to edit them, ever. If the devs can't backup and edit worlds why would you think they could create a simple tool to do that?
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I can't vote as I know the game itself does not use world builder so therefore one cannot have the CAW tool as that tool is a lesser copy of the tool in world builder Maya plug in that was used to make the Sims 3 games. That is like wanting a Sims City 4 world builder tool in the game that was used to make the Sims 2 worlds maps templates.

Sims 4 uses neither of those tools so makes no point in asking for it - in order to build our own Sims 4 maps we'd need to each have our own map building dev - don't think they can make a tool for that. They do not use just 1 tool like they did in the earlier games or a specific world building program - there is free hand and a variety of tools used and additional programming specific to each world that we cannot duplicate (besides I am definitely not a C# or C++ programmer with just machine basic and dos knowledge in my background) - it is done individually - and based on the multi design is not even easily put into the game. Apparently the design itself does not support the users ability to add in anything more then they already allow. Look how difficult it is to even do anything outside of pre-designated lots even. So no - I cannot vote on a concept that is not possible no matter how badly I miss the creativity of using my own designs and builds in a map - especially some of the work many of my dear super talented friends like Ehaught and Rflong and others have done - I'd say there is no answer here that is chose-able as it does not at exist.

That confirms what I thought. I would pay, but I was already pretty sure that you can never do this in S4. I like how they have expanded with the jungle ect., so I'm hoping for at least more lots in hoods in future add-ons and some with 64x64 for those who really enjoy a large place especially if Farming is added.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Yes I would happily pay $10 for a Create a World tool and access to custom worlds
    Yes, but it should be higher than that. I'm assuming that it could be up to 20 $ of higher.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes I would happily pay $10 for a Create a World tool and access to custom worlds
    I would like to have something like build/set a world.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Simply No.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm betting that CAW would be a huge boon to TS4's sales numbers. Its release will give birth to an entirely new community of world creators who will add value to the game as a whole.

So why charge for it?

The no is heavily skewed. Perhaps some players want one but don’t want to pay for it. That isn’t an option on the poll.

This.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So where's the option to want CAW but not paying a penny to have it? If anything it should be a free update.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    YES YES YES!!
    I'd pay $40 for this as long as I can share the worlds with people that don't own Create A World. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MetaniteTVMetaniteTV Posts: 21 Member
    I would love to be able to create my own worlds and yes I would pay for this. Been playing since the first sims came out,
    and I always loved making my own worlds. :)
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    No I would rather keep to the official worlds, I have no interest in making my own
    Because I barley used it in TS2.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn't use it much, but maybe for mild editing, and I would love to see some player-created worlds. :smile: I would support buying a program for it, if that was our only option. I would rather it be free, but I could see a company trying to make money off it, lol...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    No. I wouldn't because I do not enjoy building worlds. However I would buy custom worlds and hope that this becomes a reality sooner rather than later as the worlds we have are too small.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Your answer poll about 'No, I wouldn't pay for it because I'm not interested should have also included 'No, I wouldn't pay' but not because I'm not interested.

If Maxis needs money I would be willing to donate $5 so they can build it. :# and they distribute it for free. ETA: And no Origin or game required so others can build maps etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @Cinebar Origin is a mandatory program for all EA games. That isn’t going to change. Also, the game would be needed to access the assets to build the map; free would only extend to those who own the game. CAW wasn’t a free tool for people who didn’t have Sims 3.
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Count me in for someone who is interested in a create a world system.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    No I would rather keep to the official worlds, I have no interest in making my own
    I picked this option because I dion’t use custom content. If they could make it where EA sold content to world builders and knew that it worked and would not conflict with every update, then I would consider buying the worlds people created. I would also love EA to come up with world packs of their own.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Why pay for something that used to be free?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    More options = More creativity
    Yes please!
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited November 2018
    More options = More creativity
    Yes please!

Me too, I would pay... all you said + map files to import/export out of game/gallery*

* I know this would be not so EA as also could allow make maps for pirate copies or out-dated games. But could allow share maps at blogs or pages like Mod The Sims
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, for two reasons:

1. I'd never use it anyway
    2. It's been free before. Why not now?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    No - not as long as this game has no maps how can one build a world as CAW is a Build world tool that focuses on maps. Not a free hand free for all that could not ever be accomplished with Create a World plug ins.
    You want to buy that software - you can - it just would be pointless in this game.

I understand they hand build and use many tools not like they did in Sims 3. Even the game engine would be wrong for a Create A World software plug in -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2018
    Agreed.
    Some people will pay for anything the sims 4 dishes out. :p
    I think it would be more than $10.
    Don't see it happening mind.
    we need a proper would to begin with.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Wheres the option for "I would use a create-a-world tool but I wouldnt pay for it"?
    Im not going to pay money for something we got for free before, especially since a CAW for TS4 would probably be far more simplistic than it was for TS3. Just give me the option to add as many "newcrest" type worlds as I want with maybe the ability to select climate and theme backdrops and ill be a happy clam
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Agreed.

That is the thing. What is the point of payer for CAW when there worlds themselves look like something from a cartoon from the 1970s?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Agreed.

That is the thing. What is the point of payer for CAW when there worlds themselves look like something from a cartoon from the 1970s? [/quote

True lol :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Enjoying playing with the new terrain tools, but there would be much more point to them if some of the lots were on hillsides etc like in TS3, so I now have a new interest in a CAW-like tool!