Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheapest way to own compilation/sets/venues!

Comments

• CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    @Me1620 This was really an amazing cascade. I since discovered that it also gave me DD#59 Eloquently Eclectic Collection for free. This cascade is in the same league as the Animal Abound one but it not well known or documented.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Coriandre That's great to hear that it worked for you. I used the method in this thread to get Best of 2012, so I spent a little more, but the content is still worth it at the higher price. I also got the January and April 2012 sets for cheap afterwards. By the way, I think there's a cheaper way to get Haute Hacienda Kitchen and therefore April 2012:

DD 189: HHK Talavera Tile Mirror (27/81)
    DD 243: HHK Cantina Compactor (29/81)
    DD 298: HHK Wall Chilis Sculpture (7/25)
    DD 845: Haute Hacienda Kitchen

I'm not sure whether the store would charge 5 points or make the set free, since you'd be one point short of owning the full value of the set. But it would be either 63 or 68 points. I think there's a way to do it for 67 points, with no worries about a rounding issue, as well.

When you own Eloquently Eclectic, the Gentlemen's Lounge Collection is also cheaper to get than the method listed in this thread. And that collection has items from a number of other sets you might want as well, so it's a nice little head start.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    If you purchase the Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing in the Sale! category, then you can get the Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear set for free on the Daily Deal. By then, you will get 30% completed of the Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation set, and the CYS price is now 870 SimPoints. But, I am not so interested in the Teen-related content or the Pinball machine. Not my style.
    The best way to do this is still via the Animal Abounds cascade.
    Buy the cheapest item full price (25sp) or DD #293 (7sp) then purchase the Animal abound playground for 375sp. This will give you Top o’ the tots and Kids 2010 for free.

After this, get the Go all in compilation :
    - DD #431: Ace in the Palm (13 SP)
    - DD #10: Viva Las Vegas Living (406 SP)
    - DD #148 : Go all in compilation free (3400sp value)
    -
    After this go for Fun for kids of all ages :
    - DD# 901: Tee is for Teen (31sp)
    - DD# 69: Slanted Beret (39sp)
    - DD# 478: Everyday Teens Collection (91 sp)

If I just buy 10600 SimPoints for $80.00 on Origin, then use the DD deals to collect all the premium content items, then which set or compilation will I be able to unlock later for FREE?
  • jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    I love this thread. I have been reading it over quite a lot, but I have finally figured out where the things I want are, and what larger things I can get. I am really excited to do the Man Cave Compilation cascade as I was wanting the basketball hoop and climbing wall, but wanted to get more substance. I looked through the compilations but didn't imagine I could get it all for that. I also know to look out for March 2011 since I already have Futureshock Living. So yay.

2012 is driving me a bit nutty, though. I am looking at all of the compilations, and it's a great deal, but I don't necessarily want a bunch of it. At least not right now. One thing I am looking for is the ice cream machine. I have the deep fryer already, but no hacienda stuff. If I have this right, my best bet would probably be to get the kitchen deals for 71 sp, correct? Because that's over the 455 I need to cys for Fabulous Fiesta. Then I get the ice cream machine and dining?
    Owning the Future shock living will give you March 2011 for free on DD 20 tomorrow.
    The route for Fabulous Fiesta without doing the Best of 2012 cascade would be

* Fabulous Fiesta, 201/1045 sp, 81%
    - DD #939 Desert Cactus Sculpture (7/30 sp)
    - DD #189 Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81)
    - DD #400 Talevera Tile Island (28/68)
    - DD #735 Cantina Canister (16/50)
    - DD #745 Artful Adobe Fireplace (98/162 sp)
    - DD #845 Haute Hacienda Kitchen (free)
    - DD #905 Haute Hacienda Dining Room Set (25 sp)
    => Free via CYS

What is your CYS on Fabulous Fiesta now with just the deep fryer owned ?
  • jojie4jojie4 Posts: 66 Member
    @coriandre Right now it says 455sp to complete Fabulous Fiesta.
    In this case, yes Fabulous fiesta will be free by owning the Haute Hacienda kitchen which will reduce your CYS by 90% of the 608sp that HH Kitchen is worth.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Merelhyn This is so helpful, thanks! I'll be getting some stuff I've wanted!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Sallyp2020Sallyp2020 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I'm working on Ultra Lounge Compilation starting from Ultra Lounge Dining set :)
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sallyp2020

Thanks and happy simming! :wink:
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Quick question on something specific:

"* Eloquently Eclectic, 182/1895 sp, 90%
    - DD #546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 sp)
    - DD #468: Contented Sighs (7/31 sp)
    - DD #489: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining (free)
    - DD #59: Eloquently Eclectic Collection (25 sp)"

I already owned the Teppanyaki grill, and Itadakimasu, so I saw when the Contented Sighs went on sale and it came around at like 3 in the morning for me, so I said fuggedaboudit and went ahead and bought it for the regular price.

This didn't unlock getting Eloquently Eclectic any cheaper than I was already offered, as a Complete Your Set Deal of 1195 SP (factoring in the purchase price of the Contented Sighs, it did go down slightly due to having bought that).

So does this mean that these deals as listed here, only work, if you purchase each of the items from the Daily Deal rotation as specified? It won't work if you purchase any part of it outright?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited October 2021
    So does this mean that these deals as listed here, only work, if you purchase each of the items from the Daily Deal rotation as specified? It won't work if you purchase any part of it outright?

@ignominiusrex - The deals may work differently for you if already own part of the sets or compilations before following the steps in this thread.

The 25 sp estimated price for Eloquently Eclectic Collection will only come up when the collection comes up on the Daily Deal for deal 59. That is when both your CYS and the Daily Deal price are combined to get the prices listed in this thread.

Deal 59 is next scheduled to come up December 6th.

Some items are offered for more than one deal number. So, you have to follow the deal numbers listed in this thread.

Also, for CYS and the Daily Deal, do not buy anything at regular price. (With the exception of the first item you are buying of a set.) When you buy an item, it reduces the CYS by 90% of the regular price. When you buy an item at regular price, you are spending 100% but only getting 90% of the cost effecting your CYS. This is a very brief explanation. There is a more detailed explanation about the CYS formula on the DD thread. CYS is discussed in this post. There is a formula to calculate your estimated CYS when a deal is coming up on the DD.

I plugged the numbers into Elianahere Daily Deal/CYS calculator found here. Your CYS for Eloquently Eclectic Collection is 1195 sp.
    You also need the Daily Deal price and the regular price. For Deal 59 those numbers are 474 and 1895 (You can find those on the spreadsheet). Using the calculator, your value is -84. Any value lower than zero means you will most likely get the set free when it appears on the DD.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Wow, thank you for that clear and thorough explanation, @Me1620 ! It amazes me the amount of effort you and others have gone through on behalf of everyone else, but I'm grateful!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    So far, I have just looked up the cheapest prices for these items.

I also arrange the items in numerical order, so I can get them in order.

DAILY DEALS:
    (13) Grim's Ghastly Manor 494 sp / 1900 sp
    (78) Bohemian Garden 646 sp / 1700 sp
    (93) Faire Folk Attire 310 sp / 669 sp
    (135) Storybook Bathroom Set 78 sp / 228 sp
    (193) Storybook Dining Set 140 sp / 239 sp
    (213) Palace of Versailles 463 sp / CYS 980 sp / 1342 sp
    (390) The Now & Then Century Manor 494 sp / 1900 sp
    (418) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes 570 sp / 1987 sp
    (449) Mother Russia 646 sp / 1900 sp
    (521) Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit 192 sp / 600 sp
    (684) Full Interior Castle Set 147 sp / 427 sp
    (694) The Boardwalk 969 sp / 1900 sp
    (808) Full Regal Living Set 528 sp / 1376 sp
    (887) Al Fresco Street Market 494 sp / 1710 sp
    (972) Sunlit Tides 1127 sp / 2450 sp

SEPARATES:
    HeadStart Playpen 648 sp
    Infinite Zen Massage Table 468 sp
    Aurora Skies Standard Edition 2,426 sp
    The Titanic Toy Machine 545 sp
    Once Upon a Time Cottage / CYS 565 sp / 1,447 sp
    edited October 2021
    @waterywatermelon - Be aware if you buy a few items from a set and depending on crossover from other sets and compilations, you may not be getting the most value for your points by purchasing the set when it comes on the daily deal.

If you haven't already, go back to page 1 of this thread and look up the sets and compilations to see the list Merelhyn created. A few venues are included in compilations too.

As well, you have to consider where is the rotation the DD list is when looking at Merelhyn suggestions. It may take a few rotations to complete the purchases.

The time zone specific spreadsheets from the DD thread can help you see when a set or compilation could be free when it comes up on the Daily Deal. You download the spreadsheet and enter your information.

Here is one example

You have listed Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes for 570 sp

While it will take two rotations, you can save 41 sp.

* Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes, 529/1987 sp, 73%
    - DD #216: Ruffled Romper (30/45 sp)
    - DD #545: Falling Leaves Mobile (15/25 sp)
    - DD #588: Tallest Tree Clock (10/25 sp)
    - DD #418: Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes (474 sp)

If a set is included in a compilation, which Lullabies is, you should also check the CYS of the compilation. It is included in the January 2013 compilation.

Another example

You listed Faire Folk Attire for 310 sp

Following Merelhyn's steps you save 53 sp

* Faire Folk Attire, 257/669 sp,
    - DD #636: Fairytale (26/42 sp)
    - DD #696: Petals (29/38 sp)
    - DD #764: Fairyfly (23/50 sp)
    - DD #93: Faire Folk Attire (179 sp)

If you like Fair Folk items you may wish to follow this list

* Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire, 735/1467 sp
    via Make A Wish Compilation
    - DD #560: Towel Drying Stand (9/25 sp)
    - DD #758: Happily Ever After- Market Square Outfit (14/31 sp)
    - DD #26: Porcelain Tub (30/54 sp)
    - DD #87: Superlative Sofa (47/69 sp)
    - DD #134: Romantique Double Bed (42/54 sp)
    - DD #135: Storybook Bathroom Set (22 sp)
    - DD #140: Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit (21/45 sp)
    - DD #260: Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit (19/41 sp)
    - DD #452: Romantique Chaise (39/67 sp)
    - DD #456: Larger than Life Party Table (28/41 sp)
    - DD #540: Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair (30/68 sp)
    - DD #667: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles (234 sp)
    - DD #946: Divine Divan (32/56 sp)
    - DD #193: Storybook Dining Room Set (17 sp)
    => CYS Storybook Bedroom Set (97 sp)
    => CYS Full Storybook (54 sp)
    - DD #853: Make a Wish Compilation (free)

You listed spending 310 sp for Faire Folk Attire. If you spend another 425 points you will get Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire and the rest of the sets included in the Make a Wish Compilation.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited October 2021
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

I have updated my buy list.

All I have to do now is to stick to it. Though, if you have anything else, then feel free to suggest more!!!

DAILY DEALS:
    (13) Grim's Ghastly Manor 494 sp / 1900 sp
    - DD #26: Porcelain Tub (30/54 sp)
    (78) Bohemian Garden 646 sp / 1700 sp
    - DD #87: Superlative Sofa (47/69 sp)
    (93) Faire Folk Attire 310 sp / 669 sp
    - DD #93: Faire Folk Attire (179 sp)
    - DD #134: Romantique Double Bed (42/54 sp)
    - DD #135: Storybook Bathroom Set (22 sp)
    (135) Storybook Bathroom Set 78 sp / 228 sp
    - DD #140: Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit (21/45 sp)
    (193) Storybook Dining Set 140 sp / 239 sp
    - DD #193: Storybook Dining Room Set (17 sp)
    (213) Palace of Versailles 463 sp / CYS 980 sp / 1342 sp
    - DD #216: Ruffled Romper (30/45 sp)
    - DD #260: Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit (19/41 sp)
    (390) The Now & Then Century Manor 494 sp / 1900 sp
    (418) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes 570 sp / 1987 sp
    - DD #418: Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes (474 sp)
    (449) Mother Russia 646 sp / 1900 sp
    - DD #452: Romantique Chaise (39/67 sp)
    - DD #456: Larger than Life Party Table (28/41 sp)
    (521) Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit 192 sp / 600 sp
    - DD #540: Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair (30/68 sp)
    - DD #545: Falling Leaves Mobile (15/25 sp)
    - DD #560: Towel Drying Stand (9/25 sp)
    - DD #588: Tallest Tree Clock (10/25 sp)
    - DD #636: Fairytale (26/42 sp)
    - DD #667: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles (234 sp)
    (684) Full Interior Castle Set 147 sp / 427 sp
    (694) The Boardwalk 969 sp / 1900 sp
    - DD #696: Petals (29/38 sp)
    - DD #758: Happily Ever After- Market Square Outfit (14/31 sp)
    - DD #764: Fairyfly (23/50 sp)
    (808) Full Regal Living Set 528 sp / 1376 sp
    DD #853: Make a Wish Compilation (free)
    (887) Al Fresco Street Market 494 sp / 1710 sp
    - DD #946: Divine Divan (32/56 sp)
    (972) Sunlit Tides 1127 sp / 2450 sp

NOTES:
    - Check January 2013 Compilation for the CYS Price
    - Check Make A Wish Compilation for the CYS Price
    - Check Storybook Bedroom Set for the CYS Price -- 97 sp
    - Check Full Storybook for the CYS Price -- 54 sp
    - Check Make a Wish Compilation for CYS Price -- free
    - Check Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire and similar sets in the Make a Wish Compilation

SEPARATES:
    HeadStart Playpen 648 sp
    Infinite Zen Massage Table 468 sp
    Aurora Skies Standard Edition 2,426 sp
    The Titanic Toy Machine 545 sp
    Once Upon a Time Cottage / CYS 565 sp / 1,447 sp
    @waterywatermelon - I would love to help you get the most value for your simpoints. Sorry for this lengthy post.

I am going to assume that you do not own any items in the sets you have listed. Merelhyn's lists on page 1 is based on that assumption.

Back when I was still stalking the DD, I would regularly check all the sets' store pages to see if the download button was activated. Also, after I did complete a set, I would check the store page of the compilations or combo sets that the set I just purchased was included in. Sometimes, once you own a set, the CYS discount for the compilation or combo set also activated those download buttons.

Have you tried the Animal Abounds Cascade? You can read about the cascade on the DD thread. If the cascade works for you, for about 400 sp, you will own two compilations, Tip Top Toddler Collection worth 2,795 sp and Kids! 2010 worth 4,950 sp. There is some overlap between the collections. Merelhyn has it listed on page 1 of this thread

Do you check the Make Me an Offer Machine? You may be offered items that are not on the Sales Page or Daily Deal. You might be offered a world. The only world on the DD is Sunlit Tides.

Speaking of Sunlit Tides, you have listed that you plan to buy Sunlit Tides when it comes up on the DD. In your separates list, you listed you want Infinite Zen Massage Table for 468 sp. The massage table is included in Serenity Retreat venue which included in the Gold version of Sunlit Tides. Serenity Retreat is offered on the DD and the best price is Deal 690 for 513 points. For 45 points more than the massage table, you will get the entire venue. So, you will get the lot, the massage table, Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower and 10 other items.

When buying separates, make certain you have no plan to buy the venue or gold world in the future. You will not get credit for the premium item if the set or venue is not eligible for CYS discount. For example, the Head Start Playpen is included with Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center. If you later decide you want the venue, you will have spent an extra 648 sp. I see you have plans to buy the standard version of Aurora Skies so maybe you have no desire to own the Learning Center which is included in the gold version of Aurora Skies.

You have listed Once Upon a Time Cottage in your separates list. That set is included in Make a Wish Compilation so if you follow the list to obtain Make a Wish, you will be getting Once Upon a Time Cottage.

Buy 1 item before buying the set
    A basic rule for CYS has always been if you don't own anything from the set, always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price. This rule applies to Bohemian Garden and Mother Russia since none of their items are on available on the DD. I think one of the flower sets is the cheapest item for the Garden and Valenki Boots for Mother Russia.
    From Page 1 of the DD thread in the section on CYS:
    The first item you buy in a set that is CYS enabled takes more off the price of the set than you paid for the item. But this only works for the first item. Normally each item you buy only reduces the set price by 90% of the cost of the item but for the first item you also get a bonus of 10% of the whole set price. If you buy the first item in a set at full price, your discount is equal to (10% of the Set Price) - (10% of the item cost).

Check Merelhyn's lists on page 1
    For all the sets in your list check page 1 for suggested items to buy. For example, you list Palace of Versailles Deal 213 for 463 sp, but you don't have deal 889 riding on Horseback Pants on your list. Merelhyn shows you will save 57 points if you buy the pants to lower your CYS.

* Palace of Versailles, 406/1342 sp, 70%
    - DD #889: Riding on Horseback Pants (19/75 sp)
    - DD #213: Palace of Versailles (387 sp)

@waterywatermelon - A good tool for stalking the DD are the time zone specific spreadsheets. If you are interested in downloading one of those spreadsheets, I would be happy to update the one for your time zone.

If you are not comfortable using spreadsheets, then Elianahere's CYS Calculator is an excellent tool to determine if you own enough items in a set for it to be free when the set comes up on the DD.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Worldly Goodies is stated as being unavailable alone, but it's in the store for 100 sp.

Not sure if it effects calculations in any way, though.
    edited January 2022
    @EmmaVane - Not sure when that changed. I believe when it was first released it was free. For many years, it was not available for single purchase but was only included as part of Best of 2010 Collection and World Inspiration Compilation. Thanks for noticing. It is not available for sale on the Daily Deal. It is not worth buying alone though since it is full price. I see the individual items are also now available too.

Please post if you find other price changes. Thanks.

• fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! Thanks for this thread, I will probably save my simpoints!
    I just want to confirm that
    Best of 2012– 776 sp

- DD #602: India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top (16/45 sp)
    - DD #952: Stone’s Throw Greenhouse (760/1710 sp)
    Will this deal actually work if I own nothing from best of 2012 compilation? I curious! Thank you 😊
  • fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    Oops
    * I'm
    edited January 2022
    fantuanss wrote: »
    Hi! Thanks for this thread, I will probably save my simpoints!
    I just want to confirm that
    Best of 2012– 776 sp

- DD #602: India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top (16/45 sp)
    - DD #952: Stone’s Throw Greenhouse (760/1710 sp)
    Will this deal actually work if I own nothing from best of 2012 compilation? I curious! Thank you 😊

@fantuanss - I don't personally know if this deal will work as it has been many years since I made any purchases. However, it appears you took the information from this post from January 2021 which is "recent". There were quite a few detailed posts concerning the purchase of the Greenhouse and then getting the remainder of the cascade free.

As BlueSpaarkle posted
    ... the whole Store, daily deals, the sales - nothing has been updated since, even the DD schedule is still the same as it was when I was collecting the sets in 2017. You even mentioned the Animal Abounds cascade which is a perfect proof that everything still works. The math doesn't always make sense and some sets just give you the download button super early. It could be EA's mistake but they obiously don't care since they didn't bother to fix it in the last 5 years. All you can do is enjoy all the free stuff you get! ;)

If you do try this route, please post and let us know if it worked for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top